USA v Trinidad, beIN sports tonight | The Boneyard

USA v Trinidad, beIN sports tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
USMNT game 2 in World Cup Qualifying tonight in Trinidad & Tobago, the game will be on beIN network (all away matches in this stage will be)-- If you don't get beIN, join AO Hartford at the Tavern Downtown for the game! We will have the mens game on as well, and quite the hockey pregame party.

big game tonight for the Yanks.

Reaction Score
Bradley was atrocious, Jermaine Jones minus the crossbar hit looked old and slow, and Zardes was far from sharp. Other than that - Darlington Nagbe - I've seen the future and he plays for Portland. Wow.

Reaction Score
Didn't watch the game as I don't have BeIn; but from I read, WTF? if the US wants to be a World Cup contender, the team can't be satisfied with a 0 to 0 draw at T&T. The fact that the team thinks this is OK is not the right mentality. The US should own CONCACAF outside of Mexico and maybe a once in a decade loss to a team like Jamaica or Costa Rica.

Reaction Score
Bradley was atrocious, Jermaine Jones minus the crossbar hit looked old and slow, and Zardes was far from sharp. Other than that - Darlington Nagbe - I've seen the future and he plays for Portland. Wow.

Zardes was nowhere near as effective as a forward as he has been on the wing. LA Galaxy positioning be damned.

The point of Qualifying games is to qualify. Not to impress internet fans. Given the make up of the group and that Trinidad was coming off a win in Guatamala, I think a tie went a long way to moving both teams towards qualification. We are not playing well as a team since the Gold Cup. They now get a long break before the next meaningful match. They need it. But needing to play better while on path to survive and advance is a heck of a lot better than needing to play better and not taking care of busnesss.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Zardes was nowhere near as effective as a forward as he has been on the wing. LA Galaxy positioning be damned.

The point of Qualifying games is to qualify. Not to impress internet fans. Given the make up of the group and that Trinidad was coming off a win in Guatamala, I think a tie went a long way to moving both teams towards qualification. We are not playing well as a team since the Gold Cup. They now get a long break before the next meaningful match. They need it. But needing to play better while on path to survive and advance is a heck of a lot better than needing to play better and not taking care of busnesss.
Agree. Wins at home and draws on the road, will get you through. It would be nice to win them all, but we sitting just fine so far.

Didn't think Zardes did all that well at MF either. He's got stones for feet.

Reaction Score
Zardes is a first touch away from being a really, really good player. Unfortunately it usually doesn't come to players his age.

A draw is fine - it will get us into the Hex, but we did have 3 great chances and blew them all. Need to finish at a higher rate.

Reaction Score
I watched the final 5 minutes of the match, so can't really comment on the performance of the team. Would have liked a win there, but will take the away point. As Mr C. mentions above, it is a team that US should be handling and getting a result against, hopefully it will serve the US better down the road. This sets up for a home and home with Guatemala in which 4 points should all but assure US gets to the Hex, and 6 points qualifies them for the Hex. Guatemala is a tough away environment, but US should absolutely get 6 points here.

To credit T&T, they are an improving team. They've had some recent success in CONCACAF (drawing with Mexico on 2 most recent occasions) and are not he easy out they used to be. The Hex is going to be a tough tournament this go around. Mexico will be it's usual challenge. T&T, Jamaica, and Honduras are all playing at a higher level. Costa Rica is an interesting side, curious to see how they sustain since their WC success came under a different manager (now with Honduras). Panama, not sure about. Haiti is improving quickly with the dual French citizens they've brought in. The US is going to need to right the ship before then if they want to finish top 3/4.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yedlin and Wood work well together. Altidore and Zardes both need the ball fed to them.

Our back line short of Cameron really, really stinks. Time to find the 4 best American defenders in MLS and give them a shot. Physical tools can't make up for the lack of game awareness that seem to infect everyone who suits up back there.

Jones was the only one running last night. Everyone else looked really slow.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yedlin and Wood work well together. Altidore and Zardes both need the ball fed to them.

Our back line short of Cameron really, really stinks. Time to find the 4 best American defenders in MLS and give them a shot. Physical tools can't make up for the lack of game awareness that seem to infect everyone who suits up back there.

Jones was the only one running last night. Everyone else looked really slow.
Part of that was playing in T&T in November. 80F+ with dewpoints in the 70s. Most of the players are used to 50-60F with dewpoints in the 40s this time of year. They trained in Miami, but still don't think they can adjust that fast.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I think my indoor soccer team is playing AO Hartford on Tuesday.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
how'd it go?
We got smoked 9-3, but were only down 4-3 at half time. Although that's not bad considering AO Hartford is one of the best teams at FSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom