USA U18 3 X 3 Team | The Boneyard

USA U18 3 X 3 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
http://www.usab.com/news-events/new...-at-2015-usa-3x3-u18-national-tournament.aspx

The 2015 USA 3x3 U18 Women’s World Championship Team features: Kristine Anigwe (Desert Vista H.S./Phoenix, Ariz.), Natalie Chou (Plano West H.S./Plano, Texas), Asia Durr (St. Pius X Catholic H.S./Douglasville, Ga.) and Arike Ogunbowale (Divine Savior Holy Angels H.S./Milwaukee, Wis.).

Natalie Chou does have UConn on her list of schools. She also has Cal where Kristine Angiwe is going to attend and Louisville where Asia Durr is going. She does not list ND where Arike Ogunbowale is going.

This is probably not a politically correct statement, but I'll guess Natalie will choose either Stanford or California as both schools have a large population of Asians and are top rated academic schools as well.

Reaction Score
My guess is that like most young basketball players, Natalie will attend the school that makes her feel most at home, basketball-wise, academically, and socially. I see no reason why that can't be UConn, and I hope it is.

Reaction Score
http://www.usab.com/news-events/new...-at-2015-usa-3x3-u18-national-tournament.aspx

The 2015 USA 3x3 U18 Women’s World Championship Team features: Kristine Anigwe (Desert Vista H.S./Phoenix, Ariz.), Natalie Chou (Plano West H.S./Plano, Texas), Asia Durr (St. Pius X Catholic H.S./Douglasville, Ga.) and Arike Ogunbowale (Divine Savior Holy Angels H.S./Milwaukee, Wis.).

Natalie Chou does have UConn on her list of schools. She also has Cal where Kristine Angiwe is going to attend and Louisville where Asia Durr is going. She does not list ND where Arike Ogunbowale is going.

This is probably not a politically correct statement, but I'll guess Natalie will choose either Stanford or California as both schools have a large population of Asians and are top rated academic schools as well.

I don't care for the phrase "politically correct" but there are comments that can be characterized as silly, nonsensical, or simply unnecessary. I'll let you decide where your comment falls - that is more consideration than you gave Ms. Chou. I suspect she will make her decision as an individual, not a stereotype.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
I have heard that academics are VERY important to her, and her Mom.

Reaction Score
I don't care for the phrase "politically correct" but there are comments that can be characterized as silly, nonsensical, or simply unnecessary. I'll let you decide where your comment falls - that is more consideration than you gave Ms. Chou. I suspect she will make her decision as an individual, not a stereotype.

Wait is this for real? Like did I just read a post that said "I'll guess Natalie will choose either Stanford or California as both schools have a large population of Asians and are top rated academic schools as well." ????????????

Do we just assume that she cares more about academics than basketball? Do we justify this by her going to Stanford? Do we assume that UCONN does not have these opportuneness ? I don't care who you are, your viewpoint is narrow and clouded.

Even though you said thats not politicly correct, I am incredibly offended by that post and I am a 26 year old white gay male. I care not if others don't see anything wrong with it, I am certainly going to express how I feel.

Reaction Score
Wait is this for real? Like did I just read a post that said "I'll guess Natalie will choose either Stanford or California as both schools have a large population of Asians and are top rated academic schools as well." ????????????

Do we just assume that she cares more about academics than basketball? Do we justify this by her going to Stanford? Do we assume that UCONN does not have these opportuneness ? I don't care who you are, your viewpoint is narrow and clouded.

Even though you said thats not politicly correct, I am incredibly offended by that post and I am a 26 year old white gay male. I care not if others don't see anything wrong with it, I am certainly going to express how I feel.
I was offended as well. It's like me saying before A. Durr chose Louisville it would be because because they have more blacks at their school, or KLS to Uconn because they have more whites. I'm a 20 year old black male and I think with everything that's been going on non basketball related in the world the past 6-9 months its really LAME and OLD to assume you know the thought process of an individual based on race or gender preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom