USA TODAY: NCAA football re-rank: 1-124 | The Boneyard

USA TODAY: NCAA football re-rank: 1-124

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Every day that I go on this board, I think to myself that it can't get any worse....and then....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Still the top team in New England. Bam!

If you line up New England and New York FBS programs the records are frightening. Besides beating each other they have FBS wins over Maryland and Pittsburgh. Buffalo has no wins. Boston College has no wins. Army beat BC. UMass may never win.

The 6 programs combined have 2 FBS wins outside the pool. They do have a winning record against FCS teams. Buffalo beat Morgan State, BC beat Maine and Syracuse knocked off Stony Brook. That 3-1 is pretty sweet compared to like 2-20 against FBS teams outside those 6 programs.

Reaction Score
If you line up New England and New York FBS programs the records are frightening. Besides beating each other they have FBS wins over Maryland and Pittsburgh. Buffalo has no wins. Boston College has no wins. Army beat BC. UMass may never win.

The 6 programs combined have 2 FBS wins outside the pool. They do have a winning record against FCS teams. Buffalo beat Morgan State, BC beat Maine and Syracuse knocked off Stony Brook. That 3-1 is pretty sweet compared to like 2-20 against FBS teams outside those 6 programs.
Yeah suffice it to say this isn't the regions high point...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
U could take the best players and coaches from buff, cuse, army, ruty, uconn, umass and bc and that team would not win the sec.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
U could take the best players and coaches from buff, cuse, army, ruty, uconn, umass and bc and that team would not win the sec.

The SEC? I doubt that team would even come close to winning the Big East or ACC.

Reaction Score
The biggest issue is who would coach that team!

HC: Tony Sparano
Asst Head Coach: Paul Pasqualoni

Offensive Coordnator: George DeLeone
Defensive Coordinator: Spaz

Imagine that dream team

Reaction Score
Tony Sparano for head coach is very intriguing. When the time comes that needs to be explored. He has greatly improved the Jets running game and he brings the sideline fire that P doesn't have.

Reaction Score
Tony Sparano for head coach is very intriguing. When the time comes that needs to be explored. He has greatly improved the Jets running game and he brings the sideline fire that P doesn't have.

Originally I was being sarcastic. But you have me interested now.

All of the above are buddies to include Addazio.

All of them would probably beat Pasqualoni, with the exception of Spaz perhaps.

Reaction Score
Originally I was being sarcastic. But you have me interested now.

All of the above are buddies to include Addazio.

All of them would probably beat Pasqualoni, with the exception of Spaz perhaps.

I found this from an August article on a Jets website. Sparano does not employ zone blocking. It has made a big difference.

In previous seasons under Bill Callahan and Brian Schottenheimer, the Jets used mainly zone blocking schemes. This puts more of an emphasis on lateral movement by the offensive linemen, and the running back reading the defense and choosing a lane based on that read.
However, coach Sparano will be going with more of a gap scheme of blocking, which is designed to push the defender in front of the lineman back, creating forward push, and with the back going to one spot.

Reaction Score
I found this from an August article on a Jets website. Sparano does not employ zone blocking. It has made a big difference.

In previous seasons under Bill Callahan and Brian Schottenheimer, the Jets used mainly zone blocking schemes. This puts more of an emphasis on lateral movement by the offensive linemen, and the running back reading the defense and choosing a lane based on that read.
However, coach Sparano will be going with more of a gap scheme of blocking, which is designed to push the defender in front of the lineman back, creating forward push, and with the back going to one spot.

Seems like if you had less skilled OLinemen that you wouldn't try to ask more of them like DeLeone is doing.

Reaction Score
Seems like if you had less skilled OLinemen that you wouldn't try to ask more of them like DeLeone is doing.

The more I read about zone blocking the more I am realizing that it is the #1 culprit behind this failed season. It is infuriating that this stubborn staff does not recognize this and move away from it.

Reaction Score
The more I read about zone blocking the more I am realizing that it is the #1 culprit behind this failed season. It is infuriating that this stubborn staff does not recognize this and move away from it.

It will pay off in 3 to 5 years.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
HC: Tony Sparano
Asst Head Coach: Paul Pasqualoni

Offensive Coordnator: George DeLeone
Defensive Coordinator: Spaz

Imagine that dream team
I just woke up in a pool of vomit. I think I may have blacked out.

Reaction Score

Big fan of field goals and fist pumps I see.

Reaction Score
Big fan of field goals and fist pumps I see.

I'm a lifelong, die hard Jets fan going back to the Shea Stadium days and my opinion is that Sparano is doing a very good job with the Jets offense which has limited talent. The O-line play and running game have greatly improved without any new additions. I know a team in Storrs who could use some improvement in those areas.

Sparano was good enough to be handpicked by Parcells to coach the Dolphins, Sparano led the Dolphins to a shocking divisional championship in 2008, he is a CT native from West Haven, he has coached with great success on the college level and he is only 53. Most importantly he hates zone blocking which right now is a requirement for the UCONN job and yes he brings fist pumps to the sideline.

Tony Sparano needs to be on Warde's shortlist in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom