Usa Today Front Page Is Espn The Main Force Behind... | The Boneyard

Usa Today Front Page Is Espn The Main Force Behind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Here come the Lawyers!

Reaction Score
And to be clear, this is THE front page - not hte front page of the sports section. We have copies of the paper here at work and several people got a copy when they saw the story. It will get some attention.

Reaction Score
im skeptical....but i really hope something gets done here. Im curious why comcast or another network hasnt gone crazy with lawyers yet.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Interesting that USA Today would go after ESPN like that. I wonder who owns USA Today, and where their interests come into competition with the owners of ESPN.

Gannett Company, Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a publicly-traded media holding company headquartered in Tysons Corner, Virginia, United States, near McLean.[2][3] It is the largest U.S. newspaper publisher as measured by total daily circulation. Its assets include the national newspaper USA Today and the weekly USA Weekend. Its largest non-national newspaper is The Arizona Republic in Phoenix, Arizona. Other significant newspapers include The Indianapolis Star, The Cincinnati Enquirer, The Tennessean in Nashville, Tennessee, The Courier-Journal in Louisville, Kentucky, the Democrat and Chronicle in Rochester, NY, The Des Moines Register, the Detroit Free Press and The News-Press in Fort Myers. Gannett also owns 23 television stations[4] and holds substantial properties in digital media including PointRoll, BNQT Media Group,[5] Ripple6[6] and ShopLocal.

Reaction Score
Interesting that USA Today would go after ESPN like that. I wonder who owns USA Today, and where their interests come into competition with the owners of ESPN.

i read the USAToday every day b/c they seem to be the closest thing i've found to an impartial jury in terms of what they report. it's published by newspaper monstrosity Gannett, but they seem to give balanced views for the most part. i don't think it's due to a grudge against Disney

Reaction Score
Gannett Company, Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a publicly-traded media holding company headquartered in Tysons Corner, Virginia, United States, near McLean.[2][3] It is the largest U.S. newspaper publisher as measured by total daily circulation. Its assets include the national newspaper USA Today and the weekly USA Weekend. Its largest non-national newspaper is The Arizona Republic in Phoenix, Arizona. Other significant newspapers include The Indianapolis Star, The Cincinnati Enquirer, The Tennessean in Nashville, Tennessee, The Courier-Journal in Louisville, Kentucky, the Democrat and Chronicle in Rochester, NY, The Des Moines Register, the Detroit Free Press and The News-Press in Fort Myers. Gannett also owns 23 television stations[4] and holds substantial properties in digital media including PointRoll, BNQT Media Group,[5] Ripple6[6] and ShopLocal.

It was rhetorical Nan. He's just a big enough jerk that he was actually implying that anyone who would write a negative article about ESPN, which is promoting his agenda, must be conflicted or they wouldn't do so.

Ithaca Matt is a troll we need to stop feeding.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It was rhetorical Nan. He's just a big enough jerk that he was actually implying that anyone who would write a negative article about ESPN, which is promoting his agenda, must be conflicted or they wouldn't do so.

Ithaca Matt is a troll we need to stop feeding.
He picked a bad day to troll the Boneyard. Our family just settled into a hotel as our house is still without power and we've run out of firewood. We're tired, hungry, dirty and really cranky. Trollish Syracuse, BC and PC fans beware.

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I don't mind visiting fans trolling the sports boards, but they really don't belong on the realignment board. the issues are too important to allow the quality of the discussion to be diluted by people just wanting to interfere.

Anything you could do to limit them on the Realignment board would be appreciated (at least by me). And good luck getting your power back.

Reaction Score
"Ithaca Matt" and or "Ithaca Barrell" are Cuse trolls with a history of deep seeded disdain for UConn and Coach Calhoun. Make no mistake, they are the enemy and should be treated as such

Reaction Score
He picked a bad day to troll the Boneyard. Our family just settled into a hotel as our house is still without power and we've run out of firewood. We're tired, hungry, dirty and really cranky. Trollish Syracuse, BC and PC fans beware.

Glad you got into a hotel. Most of my relatives are still without power. One house is back on line, and if the others don't get their power back today, it is going to be one crowded home and a big family reunion. It has been a real mess.

Reaction Score

Stay strong, Nan and family!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Good luck Nan.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I don't mind visiting fans trolling the sports boards, but they really don't belong on the realignment board. the issues are too important to allow the quality of the discussion to be diluted by people just wanting to interfere.

Anything you could do to limit them on the Realignment board would be appreciated (at least by me). And good luck getting your power back.
If things don't get much worse with them I hope Nan doesn't stop them. I've come to enjoy your sport with them. Its like watching a lion play with a rat.

Reaction Score

Nothing exciting, but here you Nan:

JOHN MARINATTO COMMENTS AFTER BIG EAST PRESIDENTS MEETING
PHILADELPHIA, November 1, 2011 – John Marinatto, Commissioner of the BIG EAST Conference, issued the following statement after the annual meeting of the BIG EAST Conference Presidents. “We had a very productive meeting and were able to discuss the great progress we have made in the last few weeks regarding conference realignment.
“Our Presidents voted unanimously to extend invitations to specific institutions, including both football-only and all-sport members to join the BIG EAST Conference. I will be speaking to representatives of those schools shortly and look forward to announcing with them their acceptance into the BIG EAST. The addition of these members will extend our reach, bring us to exciting new markets, strengthen our status within the BCS, and lay the foundation for possible further expansion, all while maintaining the high quality and standards our Conference is known for.
“In light of the lawsuit filed by West Virginia yesterday, the Presidents also discussed and confirmed our continuing commitment to enforce the Conference’s 27-month notification period for schools choosing to leave. The Conference believes these claims to be wholly without merit and will explore all its legal options to protect its interests and to ensure that West Virginia lives up to its obligations.”

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It's official. Now hopefully the schools accept.

Reaction Score

Yeah it's much better when long-time Yarders are the ones diluting the discussion.

:)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks, guys. We got the last available hotel room and our living conditions are 100% better.

If anyone spots a post they feel needs admin attention, click on Report in the post. You can enter a reason for reporting the post then Admins get a flag to check it out. We do check them all. You can also PM Tom (temery) or me.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Maybe ESPN will do an 'Outside the Lines' report on this?!;)

Could you imagine if an ESPN producer for OTL came into the office and pitched this as a potential story on ESPN OTL? Talk about career suicide!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom