USA-Opals! | Page 10 | The Boneyard

USA-Opals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Kudos to Sue, Diana, & Tina -- they were the stars today.

Yep. Diana started the 2nd half with 2 huge 3s. Tina was a beast. Sue made her shots. Maya had some shaky moments and showed her youth on the Olympic stage but that steal of Cambage was a huge play! I also liked what Asjha did in her few minutes. Whalen was great, Catch's effort was inspiring, Seimone made some big shots. A team effort.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Lisa Leslie credits Tina Charles with the turnaround on Cambage...says Candace Parker just too light...

I didn't see the game (will watch replay later) but if this was the case, it's nice to hear Ms. LA Sparks say this on-air rather than anyone from Storrs. A little tougher for the Orange crowd to poo-poo.

Having said that, I still think CP3 and DT are the two greatest players on the team, and I will be only too happy if CP3 has a huge game in the final. Go USA !!!!

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Great team defense by Team USA in 2nd half. Ashja & Tina were outstanding with their defense on Cambage & Jackson.

I for one would like to see France beat Russia. Don't want to see Hammond try to beat USA for the gold.

I for one would like to see Russia in the final, so at least Hammon will win Silver. :) I don't expect Russia to beat France though.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Didn't need Griner afterall. Would have been nice to have her but ultimately the team was tough and when they established the double digit lead they refused to yield it back. Tina was awesome against Cambage in the second half.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I actually believe that the kudos should go to the defense. I only watched the second half, and it was the defensive efforts of everyone, especially Tina in the post, and the perimeter defenders who won this game. Well done USA!!!

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

16 points for Australia in the 2nd half. Defense definitely was the difference.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I didn't see the game (will watch replay later) but if this was the case, it's nice to hear Ms. LA Sparks say this on-air rather than anyone from Storrs. A little tougher for the Orange crowd to poo-poo.

Having said that, I still think CP3 and DT are the two greatest players on the team, and I will be only too happy if CP3 has a huge game in the final. Go USA !!!!
It was true. It is clear that CP3 just doesn't like being physical and bumping bodies inside. Interesting that Lisa as a former teammate would call her out.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Yep. Diana started the 2nd half with 2 huge 3s. Tina was a beast. Sue made her shots. Maya had some shaky moments and showed her youth on the Olympic stage but that steal of Cambage was a huge play! I also liked what Asjha did in her few minutes. Whalen was great, Catch's effort was inspiring, Seimone made some big shots. A team effort.
Yes, definitely a team effort, and Asjha's defense on Cambage in the second half was key. Sue has to get the game ball, but Asjha also played a great game, proving she belongs on this team.

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
I still think the US has made a mistake never allowing Hammon to play for team USA, she is awesome.

Reaction Score

I watched the Lisa Leslie interview...the words were as close to verbatim as this one-fingered typist could produce.

Sue and Dee were both great...in a frenetic game the two of them...plus Lindsey Whalen...seemed to be the calm eye in the center of the storm. The Opals did bait Diana all game...right to the final whistle...the book on Dee is clearly bang her 'til she erupts...all considered her composure was excellent!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tough game. We fans had to work really hard in the second half--but we got the job done.

Sue and Tina got interviews after the game.

We had no answer for Cambage in the first half. I think she was scoreless after intermission.

AJ can play defense!

Maya with a nice play to end the 3rd.

I sat with some UConn Alumni Assn and DePaul folks.

I was not in Row 115. It was Section 115. :( Row X. Near the top of the 1st level. I was loud and obnoxious.

Reaction Score
Great team defense by Team USA in 2nd half. Ashja & Tina were outstanding with their defense on Cambage & Jackson.

I for one would like to see France beat Russia. Don't want to see Hammond try to beat USA for the gold.

Might not get your wish...it will certainly be a little eerie if we do get Russia!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Asjha gave some good minutes on the defensive end against LJ and showed why she was chosen for the team. She was needed for some key moments in a big game and her experience allowed her to step up and deliver. She affirmed Scotter's reasoning for why she was chosen. Way to go Asjha!

Somebody tell our visiting coach from Baylor who knows that Brunson should have been selected.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
She's been terrific for much of the Olympics, but was pretty lousy this game.
Lousy is right. I'll bet Cambage scored more on Parker than anyone else and it's probably not close.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Griner is lucky that the US pulled it out. Not sure would have been well received after turning down the chance to play. I am, also, not sure she is willing to play physical enough to have dealt with Cambage. I was surprised by how the officials were letting Cambage get away with knocking players around and slamming them.

Reaction Score
Griner is lucky that the US pulled it out. Not sure would have been well received after turning down the chance to play. I am, also, not sure she is willing to play physical enough to have dealt with Cambage. I was surprised by how the officials were letting Cambage get away with knocking players around and slamming them.

If Steph gets that kind of officiating this year, she could be first team AA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom