USA Friendlies | The Boneyard

USA Friendlies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone going to the US v. Brazil match up at Gillette? I wish I was. usually, Klinsmann somehow finds a way to get the team, even with inexperienced folks on the roster, up for these games. Brazil looks like it will be bringing their A side to the match, which I think is good as the US needs to be tested before the big match with Mexico in October along with WC qualifying right around the corner.

http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/20...nt-foxboro-friendly-neymar-kaka-douglas-costa

Though not as high profile, the US has added yet another friendly and will be playing Costa Rica at Red Bull outside of NYC. Now, that I plan to try and get tickets for.

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...o-play-costa-rica-at-red-bull-arena-on-oct-13

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Anyone going to the US v. Brazil match up at Gillette? I wish I was. usually, Klinsmann somehow finds a way to get the team, even with inexperienced folks on the roster, up for these games. Brazil looks like it will be bringing their A side to the match, which I think is good as the US needs to be tested before the big match with Mexico in October along with WC qualifying right around the corner.

http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/20...nt-foxboro-friendly-neymar-kaka-douglas-costa

Though not as high profile, the US has added yet another friendly and will be playing Costa Rica at Red Bull outside of NYC. Now, that I plan to try and get tickets for.

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...o-play-costa-rica-at-red-bull-arena-on-oct-13
Would like to have, but too expensive, Tues night, I'm coaching a game. Not possible. DVR.

Reaction Score
Would like to have, but too expensive, Tues night, I'm coaching a game. Not possible. DVR.

I hear you on coaching. I am the head coach of my younger son's Kindergarten soccer team and an assistant with my older son's grade 3/4 soccer team. Thus, I am selling 3 of my 6 UConn football games will only miss 1 soccer game/practice for the Navy game and will instead go to the Friday night game an the game against Houston, which is after soccer season ends. God willing, I can always go to 6 football games a year down the road after my kids move past this age.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the US-CR update, I wasn't aware of that. I have to figure out a way to get to that game...Tuesdays are tough tho, getting out of work in time to get there.
Tonight should be interesting to see how we stand up. Klinsman was quoted this w/e about needing to find strikers who can consistently score goals.... at the rate of one very other game on average. He was also complimentary of Bruce Arena and how he is really developing Zardes in LA.

Reaction Score
For Brazil US is going with Altidore as a lone striker. Jones and Bedoya as CAM' s and Bradley as the CDM in a 5 person midfield with speed on the wings with Zardes and Yeldin. Klimnsmann has yet another, new, head-scratching backline with Cameron and Ream outside and Alvarado and Orozco in the middle. WTF? Hulk is going to abuse them. Guzman is going to get a good work-out, physically and vocally herding those two around.

Reaction Score
Bestow gets burned by William and then the entire backline gets caught watching an unfortunate deflection off the post. Hulk smashes it home. 1 to 0 Brazil. Oh, and a lone striker has to be able to connect. Altidore hasn't completed a pass yet.

Reaction Score
Down just 1 to 0 at half. Brazil has owned the middle of the pitch with their pace forcing JK to pull Bedoya at the 30' Mark for Williams to help clog up the middle. US needs to do something up front to take the pressure off of the defense.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Mr. Conehead said:
Bestow gets burned by William and then the entire backline gets caught watching an unfortunate deflection off the post. Hulk smashes it home. 1 to 0 Brazil. Oh, and a lone striker has to be able to connect. Altidore hasn't completed a pass yet.

Jozy can't dribble or pass beyond the simplest of layoffs. In spite of two goals he was still the worst US player on the field against Peru. I've never seen that before. He isn't proving me wrong tonight either. He's big, he's strong and has a tendency for balls to ricochet off him into the net. But, we are a more dangerous team with him not on the field.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Jozy saved by the completely over matched Bobby Wood.

Klinsman should really he ashamed about throwing some of these guys out there against Brazil.

Sad part is Alvarado is having his best game in a US shirt. Top bad he has to play with the 9th choice defense partner in Orozco.

Reaction Score
Ugly showing. Felt a lot worse than a 4 to 1 loss against Brazil. Brazil's pace in the midfield and the US's inability to connect in the midfield doomed the US on both ends. If Atlidore is the best striker that the US has as or right now, that is a problem. The back line was horrible and a large part of the blame has to fall on Klinsmann for tinkering with the pairings so much that they do not know how to work together and the fact that 3 of the 4 were not playing in their current club positions. A lot of work needs to be done before the Mexico game on October 10th. If the US plays like they did today, the crowd 3 days later in Jersey may look to lock JK in on of the nearby cargo ships and send him back to Germany.

Reaction Score
We need to cut ties with Altidore, he will probably be injured by the time the world cup gets here anyways.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, mexico is up 2-0 on Argentina, their counter attacks have been great.

Reaction Score
Thoughts on the starting XI for Mexico on October 10th?

My thoughts, assuming everyone listed is healthy (Dempsey, Brooks, etc.)

GK - Guzan
LB - Beasley
CB - best of Cameron/Gonzalez/Brooks/Spector
RB - F Johnson
CDM - Williams or Beckerman
LM - Diskerud
RM - Zardes
CAM - Bradley
Strikers - Johannsson & Dempsey

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Mr. Conehead said:
Thoughts on the starting XI for Mexico on October 10th?

My thoughts, assuming everyone listed is healthy (Dempsey, Brooks, etc.)

GK - Guzan
LB - Beasley
CB - best of Cameron/Gonzalez/Brooks/Spector
RB - F Johnson
CDM - Williams or Beckerman
LM - Diskerud
RM - Zardes
CAM - Bradley
Strikers - Johannsson & Dempsey

I have no idea who is available but from your list, I'd put Yedlin at LM, Cameron and Besler at CB based on form and the healthiest of Jones, Diskerud at CDM.

Jk will pick Beckerman, Altidore, Brooks and Gonzalez. I'm not sure if Johnson is healthy, so that would be the only wildcard for JK'S squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom