USA Basketball 3x3 U18 Qualifiers | The Boneyard

USA Basketball 3x3 U18 Qualifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Wow, they look loaded, but don't count out Primus, who might surprise some.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Does anyone know how they divided these girls? Like is there a rhyme or reason why one team has some high profile names and then other teams have girls who are all from the same city?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Does anyone know how they divided these girls? Like is there a rhyme or reason why one team has some high profile names and then other teams have girls who are all from the same city?

Some of these teams were in a competition to qualify for this event(I think)
http://www.usab.com/womens/3x3/13_3x3_schedule.html

The team named "Defend", with UConn 2015 recruit Katie Lou Samuelson, I think were invited from players that were on other USA Teams this year. Green and Turner were on the U19 team(but are U18) and KLS and Ogunbowale were on the U16 team that played in Mexico in June.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Some of these teams were in a competition to qualify for this event(I think)
http://www.usab.com/womens/3x3/13_3x3_schedule.html

The team named "Defend", with UConn 2015 recruit Katie Lou Samuelson, I think were invited from players that were on other USA Teams this year. Green and Turner were on the U19 team(but are U18) and KLS and Ogunbowale were on the U16 team that played in Mexico in June.

Oh! Okay! Thank you for the info ochoopsfan!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
"Among the schools she has been linked to in recruiting are UConn, Stanford, Duke, Notre Dame, Louisville, and UCLA. Her older sisters, Bonnie and Karlie, are at Stanford. Bonnie is a junior and Karlie a freshman. Katie Lou said in May that it annoys her when she hears that she’ll go to Stanford only because her sisters did.
“It’s just … I get that a lot,” Samuelson said. “People say it and they need to know that I’m thinking about what is best for me. Just because my sisters are there does not mean I’m going there. I need to find the place I’m going to be the most successful. If it’s Stanford or it’s not Stanford, I have to figure it out.”

I find this encouraging. Sounds like she is going to make the decision that best suits her.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Not surprisingly, Defend won, but they had to beat Primus, who went 6-1.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
As has been said the team that won the tournament was put together by USA BB with the expectation it would win the tournament. Mike Flynn has stated this team was going to represent USA regardless if they won the tournament or not. USA BB came back and said that was not true and whoever won the tournament would represent Team USA. I suspect Mike is more accurate in his statement as USA BB is going to want elite players to represent USA.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
USA BB is going to want elite players to represent USA.

This seems to me to be a good idea.:rolleyes:

On the other hand, they could have it in for the TV talkers or the PA person in Indonesia and assemble a team comprising Ogunbowale, Guiranthes, Charensouk, and Iwahashi. Team name? "Carolyn Peck's Nightmare."

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
This seems to me to be a good idea.:rolleyes:

On the other hand, they could have it in for the TV talkers or the PA person in Indonesia and assemble a team comprising Ogunbowale, Guiranthes, Charensouk, and Iwahashi. Team name? "Carolyn Peck's Nightmare."

Hell, Kib; Smith, Jones, Brown, Moore and Green could be a "Carolyn Peck's Nightmare". :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom