US Open Cup | Page 2 | The Boneyard

US Open Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Atlanta is a sure thing. Arthur Blank is behind it, and they already have 14,000 people committed for season tickets.

My biggest two concerns about Atlanta are 1) other teams have struggled there, and 2) they are going to play in the new Atlanta Falcons football stadium and so far only Seattle has made that work in the last 20 or so years.

Reaction Score
My biggest two concerns about Atlanta are 1) other teams have struggled there, and 2) they are going to play in the new Atlanta Falcons football stadium and so far only Seattle has made that work in the last 20 or so years.

Artificial turf too, which is awful.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Artificial turf too, which is awful.

I hate it. BTW, did you see this? Elite women players are suing FIFA for making them play the Women's World Cup on turf. Don't blame them.

Reaction Score
I hate it. BTW, did you see this? Elite women players are suing FIFA for making them play the Women's World Cup on turf. Don't blame them.

I don't blame them either. I played on turf in Korea. Those little rubber particles get everywhere. I had to pick them out of my socks individually. Stupid me I tried a slide tackle and it ripped my knee open. The ball also bounces much differently. The stuff is awful.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
is that going to be their permanent home? If I'm the MLS, I'd make it a requirement that any expansion team have a stadium ready or in process of being built by the time their entering the league. No excuse for not having soccer specific stadiums. With many teams/locales fighting to be one of the 24, MLS can be picky and require that. I'd hate to see a repeat of the Revolution or even DC United (who may be making ground on a new stadium but that's been supposedly happening for years now)

Reaction Score
is that going to be their permanent home? If I'm the MLS, I'd make it a requirement that any expansion team have a stadium ready or in process of being built by the time their entering the league. No excuse for not having soccer specific stadiums. With many teams/locales fighting to be one of the 24, MLS can be picky and require that. I'd hate to see a repeat of the Revolution or even DC United (who may be making ground on a new stadium but that's been supposedly happening for years now)

Yes, except this football stadium is supposed to use a 'curain' to close-off the upper bowl for soccer games reducing capacity to 29K. I believe it will use artificial turf, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Atlanta_Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul