#uptick | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#uptick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jhavon Williams, Noel Thomas, Mikal Myers and Melifonwu. Most likely 3 of those players are drafted, perhaps all 4. Melinfonwu being least likely.

Then the following season you have: Carrezola, Fatukasi, Summers, all 3 of them are getting their name called and then there's possibilities with Levenberry, Tommy Myers & Joseph.

Reaction Score
Half the guys he mentioned aren't even average FBS players. Can we get there before we put guys like Levy in the draft?

I'm sure thats exactly what you said about guys like Byron Jones, Blidi, and Dwayne, and so on. That's fine I get it. Your a glass half empty. And a guy where the grass is always greener on the other side. It's probably crazy for you that any Uconn player ever gets drafted.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm sure thats exactly what you said about guys like Byron Jones, Blidi, and Dwayne, and so on. That's fine I get it. Your a glass half empty. And a guy where the grass is always greener on the other side. It's probably crazy for you that any Uconn player ever gets drafted.

Yep you've got me. I've never said anything good about any player.

We can ignore the fact the premise of this thread was to compliment Diaco.

Should be easy to find all the threads where I said Gratz, Jones and BWW were below average players - I look forward to you quoting them.

Levy got moved from tackle to guard on a terrible O-line. Come on - that doesn't translate to the NFL draft.

Reaction Score
Yep you've got me. I've never said anything good about any player.

We can ignore the fact the premise of this thread was to compliment Diaco.

Should be easy to find all the threads where I said Gratz, Jones and BWW were below average players - I look forward to you quoting them.

Levy got moved from tackle to guard on a terrible O-line. Come on - that doesn't translate to the NFL draft.

Hey its fine I'll take your quote that half the players I listed weren't even average college football players and I'll revisit it in a year after next year's draft. I'm sure you'll tell me you meant all the guys who didn't get drafted were the ones you were talking about. Unless you want to specify. But either way you overly critical of the guys I mentioned. I gave a fair assessment of our players. I get that your OP was positive towards Diaco. And I get that all you were doing was trashing the hashtag uptick. I wasn't fond or totally buying it either during those HCPP days either. The only thing I have an objection to is saying there is no NFL talent in the 2017 class. I personally have been looking forward to this years senior class. And that isn't coming from a guy who says that every year because I knew the last two senior classes weren't going to produce great teams. But this one has players. I stand by what I say. I think without seeing their seniors years.....Noel could be a 2nd to 4th round WR next year. Melifonwu has always had the body and physical traits and will probably kill it at the combine maybe not ala jones but maybe Lee. He sured up some major getting beat deep issues last year. He still has things to work on but his size and speed for that size alone will put him as a top 15 safety next year. Andreas Knappe has the frame and strength to be a road grading RT in the league (teams are going to believe that they can continue to teach him as he just started playing the game recently) probably never a LT but maybe 5th-6th round grade. J Williams has been very steady and could benefit from a big senior year and end up a 5th to 7th round corner. Lacks ideal length but good against run. Maybe a candidate to switch to safety. Jamar Summers was second in the Nation in INT's last year and if eligible probably could have been drafted in the first 4 rounds this year. If he has another monster year and decides he wants to go he could be drafted in one of the first 2 rounds. Myers lacks ideal size and if campenni didn't drafted I find it tough to see him getting drafted but who knows. And Levy although he changed positions, (has struggled a bit, sure, have we just heard Peart is a beast, yes as well) he is going to be a 4 year starter. Also with great size for a guard. Maybe with a big senior year, he get a hit in the 6th or 7th. Who knows maybe he never should have been a T and would've excelled more at guard from the start. Anyways, thats the way I see it.

Reaction Score
I agree with kcc that the roster is surprisingly replete with NFL caliber talent. Andreas Knappe has a huge upside as does Noel Thomas. And Obi is exactly the kind of player who can raise his game dramatically this fall and go all-out on every play. This is his chance and he has the goods. Look for him to be All AAC and a sure fire draftee next year.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I'm really hoping that this is the year we all move on from talking about bare cupboards and/or raw talent woefully untapped and are somehow able to collectively reach a happy place where performance on the field aligns with any emotional predilection to think our guys are the best....
I'm still of the opinion that players leaving the program should be better than when they arrived and a graduating class should be better than it was as a recruiting class. Talent, if you factor production (and really, what is a better metric?), ought not to be a constant.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
There was obviously a talent drop off when PP came on board. You can ramble on about development of talent, etc. all you want.... PP sucked there too... but there's a reason our two deep is heavy on freshman and sophomores and the first PP recruiting class produced zero NFL players. And oh yeah... we lost a lot of football games. I'm hard pressed to come up with any evidence that matters that would indicate that our talent level didn't drop off. Honestly if you believe anything else you're thinking too hard or you have an agenda.

I was going to give PP a bit of credit for bringing in better skill players, but I'm not even sure that's entirely true outside of QB and MAYBE WR.

Reaction Score
I'm really hoping that this is the year we all move on from talking about bare cupboards and/or raw talent woefully untapped and are somehow able to collectively reach a happy place where performance on the field aligns with any emotional predilection to think our guys are the best....
I'm still of the opinion that players leaving the program should be better than when they arrived and a graduating class should be better than it was as a recruiting class. Talent, if you factor production (and really, what is a better metric?), ought not to be a constant.

Why in the world would you hope for that? At least realistically? Where you here when our Fiesta Bowl team was being ripped apart on a daily basis for its faults?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Why in the world would you hope for that? At least realistically? Where you here when our Fiesta Bowl team was being ripped apart on a daily basis for its faults?
I just love tilting at windmills. I was around, but I don't remember the BY really melting down until HCRE left and then through the horror of the PP years. What got me the maddest in '10 was the dweeb covering the big east on espn (Bennet?) rooting for us to lose to USF so we wouldn't embarrass the conference. I will freely admit though, that memory is selective, especially at my age.

Reaction Score
I just love tilting at windmills. I was around, but I don't remember the BY really melting down until HCRE left and then through the horror of the PP years. What got me the maddest in '10 was the dweeb covering the big east on espn (Bennet?) rooting for us to lose to USF so we wouldn't embarrass the conference. I will freely admit though, that memory is selective, especially at my age.

I remember that. He released an article on the Big East blog basically stating how West Virginia was the most deserving team in the conference to go to the Fiesta Bowl. It was like he was saying "That's great and all UConn and Ima let you finish, but West Virginia is the most deserving team of all time."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom