Updated Top 25 (and one) from CBSSports.com | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Updated Top 25 (and one) from CBSSports.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've seen #16. I've seen #19. Based on what we KNOW now - yeah - that's fair I think. I haven't read a single projected top 25 where I think UConn's been overlooked. Nearly all of them have added the caveat to the effect of - 'if they can rebound OR one of the younger freshman really steps in and contributes - look out." I mean I don't think there's much more to be said. At least from my perspective. I think the TALENT in on this team to legitimately be a Final Four caliber team. I think enough can go bad that we're basically what we were last year.

My hope is the freshman settle in by the end of the year and assume nice roles, Enoch takes a big step forward, Adams steps into fringe star territory and we head into NEXT year looking like a bonafide top 5 team which I think even if we get a few unexpected defections - we'll probably be that.

It's a weird team - at least relative to what we've had the past few seasons. I think the ceilling of being Final Four team is *very* achievable. I don't think the floor is that low at all and probably right about where people think they'll be in the post season now... so i'm optimistic, but even if the bounces don't go the way we want, we'll still be really good.

Reaction Score
With some guys, it's probably earned, but I would imagine a lot of it stemmed from a dislike of Calhoun. Pretty sure Parrish didn't like him. I doubt that's influencing this ranking, though.

I'm not a big fan of Norlander or Parrish but I do like Seth Davis.

I've always felt that Norlander/Goodman have held a grudge because mean old Jim Calhoun wasn't very nice to them when they were starting out in the business.. Could be wrong, but the shade is just so obvious from both of them. Parrish is very fair and Jon Rothstein is the best in the biz IMO.

Reaction Score
We have been stuck in this decent program but not threatening anyone or anything territory of upper teens, low 20's rankings for like 3 straight years now.

Except for those national championships we are mired in mediocrity. I hear what you are saying about the last 3 years though. We are spoiled.

Reaction Score
A lot of people are saying UConn hasn't proved anything yet for that ranking. Well URI is one spot above UConn in the ranking and hasn't proved anything yet either. Need to keep in mind that these are just projections, the season can't start soon enough.

Reaction Score
I've always felt that Norlander/Goodman have held a grudge because mean old Jim Calhoun wasn't very nice to them when they were starting out in the business.. Could be wrong, but the shade is just so obvious from both of them. Parrish is very fair and Jon Rothstein is the best in the biz IMO.
There's palpable buzz around Rothstein going into this season, definitely in the conversation for best at CBS

Reaction Score

Goodman has been fairly reasonable since the move to ESPN. I still think he's a clown, but he seems to have reeled in his act a little bit. Rothstein is passionate but also kind of a tool, he's not the first I'd go to but there are worse for sure.

Reaction Score
Is this a joke?

Reaction Score
Uhhhhh... Name 3 guys better than him...
Anyone with a pen, pencil, computer, typewriter, or microphone discussing basketball.

I honestly think that outside of Seth Davis there is no bigger doofus covering the sport.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Reaction Score
Goodman has been fairly reasonable since the move to ESPN. I still think he's a clown, but he seems to have reeled in his act a little bit. Rothstein is passionate but also kind of a tool, he's not the first I'd go to but there are worse for sure.
Goodman had his chance to take a shot at UConn right here - Which are college basketball's most overrated teams? - but didn't do it.

Reaction Score
Goodman had his chance to take a shot at UConn right here - Which are college basketball's most overrated teams? - but didn't do it.

Yeah, I get the sense he was anti-Calhoun more than anything (which is weird since he seems to love all other Boston guys). He was leading the Shabazz bandwagon in 2014 and I get the sense he'll probably do the same with Jalen Adams over the next year or two.

Reaction Score
Bilas
Katz
Raftery

Bonus: Doris Burke

I think we are having two different conversations here. To me, Bilas/Katz/Raf/Burke don't even fit into the equation.

To me Rothstein is a "new media" analyst, meaning he's a Twitter / CBS website / then maybe a CBSSN guy as his 3rd most important reporting trait.

On tv he's marginal but if we're talking these clowns who claim they are "basketball writers" aren't even in the same area code as him.

Bilas writes 5x a year, Katz is an ESPN shill, and the others don't apply.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I really like Jon Rothstein. He covers the sport tirelessly, and even though hes quirky and somewhat strange, he's branded himself very well with his Rothstein-isms. He's a fair CBB reporter.

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun is the best ESPN dude. can't understand a word he says but ya know he's Jim

Reaction Score
I didn't type that, but I think Doris is very good at what she does. She spoke at my school last year, the kids only knew her from 2K, but I thought she gave a fantastic talk.

IMO you have your Doris Burkes and your Jessica Mendozas.. The latter is bar none the worst @ her job than anyone in the history of... Jobs.

Reaction Score
IMO you have your Doris Burkes and your Jessica Mendozas.. The latter is bar none the worst @ her job than anyone in the history of... Jobs.

Try to be objective for a second. I can name ten dudes calling games who are far worse than Jessica Mendoza off the top of my head. We get a bunch of them doing UConn games.

Reaction Score
If this is a shot @ Bucky Waters, I am willing to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom