Update on Gus Cruz and Ty-Meer Brown and a few other things... | The Boneyard

Update on Gus Cruz and Ty-Meer Brown and a few other things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
I;ve read about Cruz's issues, but what happened to TMB?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Interesting that HCBD wants to change up somethings before the games at home. Different entrance and more interaction with the fans. I like it.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
What is clearly obvious...and I am sure this has been stated many times on here already.....Diaco is building a culture at UConn. Diaco is embracing the concept that being UConn's football coach is much more than Xs and Os. He and WM have realized that UConn needs to build a culture of excitement and inclusion. Is it easier to limit fans access to information? Definitely. Is it easier to continue with what you have always done? Definitely.

PP took the easy path...maybe even the lazy path. Diaco has the energy and drive to take the hard path. I think the fans and players have already responded to the changes. I think the wins will follow.

At least I hope so...lol.

Reaction Score
PP didn't have to. Syracuse had tradition. You don't need to do this in the NFL.

I think people misread where the program was. Still needed to build after Edsall. Diaco gets it.

I blame PP less for that stuff than I do Hathaway. I blame PP for the results on the field.

Reaction Score
"I would like to change some of the formats," Diaco said. "Rather than Husky Walk, we’d like to drive down to (Lot) H, come over and have the walk down the lot and then I am going to have the team enter the field through the student section to create some energy there and interface, engage with the student body. I’d like to, I don’t even know the feasibility in it, but I’d like to get a cherry picker out to the lot where nobody comes in, blast some music, get the mike and invite them all to come in. Then take the field with some energy, give the fans something really exciting to watch. I was thinking of something between the third and fourth quarters, I’ll pick the song I will play my iPad and we will do a contest with three songs and what song am I going to play. We are going to do some things to engage the student body and engage the fans, we are going to have our team stay on campus the day before so we can interface with the student body because if the team leaves at 2 p.m. on Friday what’s the difference if we are going to Hartford or Houston? It is the same thing, we are packing up everything and we are going to a hotel. It is really nice to be on campus Friday nights and get a chance to interface with the student body and create some new traditions and try to create a lot of energy to the team."

It's 2 weeks late, but if you are reading this. Bob, will you be my valentine?

Reaction Score
Regardless of whether he sees the field at all this year, good for Scott McCummings.

How in the world that was allowed to happen last year.....most of it is on him. But where the heck was the staff?

Reaction Score
Regardless of whether he sees the field at all this year, good for Scott McCummings.

How in the world that was allowed to happen last year.....most of it is on him. But where the heck was the staff?

????

Reaction Score
????

Click on the Fuller's blog. Diaco doesn't mention him by name, but alludes to a 243 lb. skill position player who gets down to 218 lbs. and loses about 10% of body fat.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Click on the Fuller's blog. Diaco doesn't mention him by name, but alludes to a 243 lb. skill position player who gets down to 218 lbs. and loses about 10% of body fat.
Missed that my first read through...

Reaction Score
"I would like to change some of the formats," Diaco said. "Rather than Husky Walk, we’d like to drive down to (Lot) H, come over and have the walk down the lot and then I am going to have the team enter the field through the student section to create some energy there and interface, engage with the student body. I’d like to, I don’t even know the feasibility in it, but I’d like to get a cherry picker out to the lot where nobody comes in, blast some music, get the mike and invite them all to come in. Then take the field with some energy, give the fans something really exciting to watch. I was thinking of something between the third and fourth quarters, I’ll pick the song I will play my iPad and we will do a contest with three songs and what song am I going to play. We are going to do some things to engage the student body and engage the fans, we are going to have our team stay on campus the day before so we can interface with the student body because if the team leaves at 2 p.m. on Friday what’s the difference if we are going to Hartford or Houston? It is the same thing, we are packing up everything and we are going to a hotel. It is really nice to be on campus Friday nights and get a chance to interface with the student body and create some new traditions and try to create a lot of energy to the team."

It's 2 weeks late, but if you are reading this. Bob, will you be my valentine?
The stole my question

Finally he responded to a question of how to get the tailgaters from actually coming into Rentschler Field instead of staying in the parking lot during the game.

Reaction Score
kind of get the feeling this is going to be some kind of spread offense, we'll see.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I now believe that Diaco really was WM's #1 pick over Narduzzi. I had previously thought that Warde was just posturing and saying what you are supposed to say when you hire your #2 choice. Diaco is a program manager...Narduzzi is a football coach. UConn needed a program manager and that is what Diaco does.

I really had no idea how much UConn needed this injection of life until I have seen Diaco work. Gotta give Warde credit for having the vision.

Reaction Score
I now believe that Diaco really was WM's #1 pick over Narduzzi. I had previously thought that Warde was just posturing and saying what you are supposed to say when you hire your #2 choice. Diaco is a program manager...Narduzzi is a football coach. UConn needed a program manager and that is what Diaco does.

I really had no idea how much UConn needed this injection of life until I have seen Diaco work. Gotta give Warde credit for having the vision.

I think Narduzzi pulled out for a few reasons. First, he knew he wasn't getting the job. Keeler did the same thing when P was hired. Second, I don't think Narduzzi has the desire to be a head coach. All water under the bridge.

I'm actually looking forward to meeting Diaco tomorrow.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
PP didn't have to. Syracuse had tradition. You don't need to do this in the NFL.

I think people misread where the program was. Still needed to build after Edsall. Diaco gets it.

I blame PP less for that stuff than I do Hathaway. I blame PP for the results on the field.

The majority of people did not misread anything about the program in January 2011. Jeff Hathaway did.

Reaction Score

I could have said the same thing 5,000+ words. I'm glad I didn't. ;-) Well said.

Reaction Score
I have never understood why the team didn't stay on campus on Friday nights. Diaco was a very good hire for this program. I hope he's as good at generating actual wins on the field as he's been so far in everything else. We needed a guy that gest things right a lot more than he gets them wrong, and so far - it seems so.

Reaction Score
I have never understood why the team didn't stay on campus on Friday nights. Diaco was a very good hire for this program. I hope he's as good at generating actual wins on the field as he's been so far in everything else. We needed a guy that gest things right a lot more than he gets them wrong, and so far - it seems so.

It seems like this is a pretty standard practice. I read an article a few years ago about teams spending the night before home games in plush hotels relaxing and watching movies. The ides is that it takes all of the campus and dorm distractions out of play. The article showed a picture of the Florida football team lounging on the floor on nice pillows watching a movie.

Reaction Score
It seems like this is a pretty standard practice. I read an article a few years ago about teams spending the night before home games in plush hotels relaxing and watching movies. The ides is that it takes all of the campus and dorm distractions out of play. The article showed a picture of the Florida football team lounging on the floor on nice pillows watching a movie.
And a lot of good it did them last year. Blocking each other or not blocking at all. Sort of like the O line daisy chain photo we had. No more of that crap. Too weird to even figure out.

Reaction Score

Give them pillows; give them cushy hotel rooms; h[eck], give them filet mignon. If they win.

Reaction Score
So if the player(s) live in a rowdy dorm that goes at it until 3:00 AM......? Riddle me that.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
It seems like this is a pretty standard practice. I read an article a few years ago about teams spending the night before home games in plush hotels relaxing and watching movies. The ides is that it takes all of the campus and dorm distractions out of play. The article showed a picture of the Florida football team watching a movie.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek