Upcoming ESPN Mag. Issue - Stewie: 'I just want another one' | The Boneyard

Upcoming ESPN Mag. Issue - Stewie: 'I just want another one'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"I remember getting real joy out of winning in seventh grade. I played on the freshman team, and our coach was this awesome guy, great coach, and he always pushed us. We really wanted to win, and then that was the standard. We wanted to win all the time."

"I definitely put a huge amount of pressure on myself by saying in my freshman year that I wanted four. But I was confident about it. I knew why I came to UConn, and I figured: Why not say it? When I did, a lot of people thought I was nuts. But now I'm three years in, and I'm still going for four, which is nuts. It's crazy to think about."

And [MORE]

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I like that Stewie said she didn't like practices, but now embraces them. She's being honest and also showing her maturity.

Reaction Score
"I remember getting real joy out of winning in seventh grade. I played on the freshman team, and our coach was this awesome guy, great coach, and he always pushed us. We really wanted to win, and then that was the standard. We wanted to win all the time."

"I definitely put a huge amount of pressure on myself by saying in my freshman year that I wanted four. But I was confident about it. I knew why I came to UConn, and I figured: Why not say it? When I did, a lot of people thought I was nuts. But now I'm three years in, and I'm still going for four, which is nuts. It's crazy to think about."

And [MORE]
I thought DT was confident over the top--Stewie has the confidence Geno want's from his players--and rarely gets. Setting goals -4 NC''s as a Freshman isn't "nuts' it's a goal and obtainable goal if you are Stewie with Nurse, Tuck, Jefferson, Gabby, KLS, Boykin, Collier, Saniya et al
I'm sure ND, USC, Tn, Duke, etc players are raising their eyebrows very high hearing that --and saying--NO Chance!!! Any bets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline
Top Bottom