University of Texas Post Game Presser | The Boneyard

University of Texas Post Game Presser

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I like her in her press conferences and she has certainly changed the trajectory of Texas WCBB. They aren't there yet, but they have the talent to get there. The question she is going to have to answer over the next couple of years is whether she can really take all her talent and teach and coach them up to elite status. I think she has the raw material to reach the FF in the next two years.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They are a tough matchup for us. They gave us a good game last year as well. They have size, athleticism, and quickness. McCarty can play!

Reaction Score
I liked her early statement (paraphrasing): "I'm not going to sit here and make excuses." She credited UConn and then gave a good, sober evaluation/analysis of her team's performance. I thought it was a classy and objective response to the loss; it's a good indicator that she will continue to raise her team's performances in the future, short term and long term.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I also think visiting coaches generally get a little frustrated with constantly being asked in a variety of different ways to provide a quote about how good Uconn or a specific Uconn player is. With Uconn's home/traveling press corps dwarfing that of any other team it isn't something that they get very often. I think it can get under their skin a little when they feel their team and players are not being discussed. I could see a couple of those moments in Aston's face, but she controlled the urge, and just gave a straight answer.

(I think that led to a few of Muffet's 'moments' a few years ago as well. And I bet it happened with TN contests in Pat's heyday as well when they were the main draw in any game they played.)

Reaction Score
Classy...I have nothing but respect for the both of them! They handled that very well! Way to go Texas! Let's keep "CHIPPING" UCONN! Time to chip Muppet (and Them)! Go UCONN!!!!!!!!!!!!

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score
The thing that I'm not understanding is that Coach Aston keeps saying that her team is young...so is UCONN. 2 JR and 2 SO everyone else is lacking experience or in ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom