OT: - "Unicorns" of 21-22 season | The Boneyard

OT: "Unicorns" of 21-22 season

Reaction Score
With the season less than a month away! here's my list of NCAA's "Unicorns" aka players who don't fit the mold of who you'd expect from a D1 basketball team.

In no particular order:

David Roddy - 6'5 252 junior from Colorado State. Playing mostly the 4 spot at Colorado State, Roddy can do a bit of everything: 16p, 9.4r, 2.6a and nearly a steal and block a game.

Kenneth Lofton - 6'7 275 sophomore from Louisiana Tech. Played this summer w/ Chet Holmgren, this interior force of nature is a load inside!

Darnell Rogers - 5'2 150 super-senior from UMBC. The funniest thing about Rogers is that he played the two-guard spot for UMBC while a 6'3 225 RJ Eytle-Rock was their point guard. Rogers hits 40%+ of his threes.

Keli Leaupepe - 6'6 250 junior from Loyola Marymount. The best hair in the NCAA and he can launch from 3.

Chet Holmgren - 7'0 195 freshman from Gonzaga. I'm so excited to watch him play. No idea how he will perform at the D1 level, especially early in their OOC schedule.

Reaction Score
@Hey Adrien! is he a unicorn?

1634062338062.png

Reaction Score
Lofton could be an AA this year. May have been the most important piece on that Olympic team

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
With the season less than a month away! here's my list of NCAA's "Unicorns" aka players who don't fit the mold of who you'd expect from a D1 basketball team.

In no particular order:

David Roddy - 6'5 252 junior from Colorado State. Playing mostly the 4 spot at Colorado State, Roddy can do a bit of everything: 16p, 9.4r, 2.6a and nearly a steal and block a game.

Kenneth Lofton - 6'7 275 sophomore from Louisiana Tech. Played this summer w/ Chet Holmgren, this interior force of nature is a load inside!

Darnell Rogers - 5'2 150 super-senior from UMBC. The funniest thing about Rogers is that he played the two-guard spot for UMBC while a 6'3 225 RJ Eytle-Rock was their point guard. Rogers hits 40%+ of his threes.

Keli Leaupepe - 6'6 250 junior from Loyola Marymount. The best hair in the NCAA and he can launch from 3.

Chet Holmgren - 7'0 195 freshman from Gonzaga. I'm so excited to watch him play. No idea how he will perform at the D1 level, especially early in their OOC schedule.
chet is a monster. watching those 2 preseason clips of ktuck and zaga yesterday, it was crystal clear how different, almost on a different level, the zags looked, and young chet was all up in it. impressive.
not quite sure what u mean by 'unicorn,' but i vote for alexis yetna.
pretty much at the top of the aac in his last full normal year, for both offense and defense.
he's only had 52 games total, yet his brief 16 games season last year had him at 105 drtg, and 116 ortg. not sure how they calculate those, but my eyes tell me that this guy is a pantload on both ends of the floor. last month, his coach called him 'a left-handed angel delgado.'
'Delgado broke Derrick Coleman's record for most rebounds in the Big East with a 19-rebound performance against DePaul on January 27, 2018. In his final game in college, an 83-79 loss to Kansas in the Round of 32 of the NCAA Tournament, he had 24 points and 23 rebounds.'

this season, 6'8'' alexis? well, coming to a highlight reel any day now.
i hope that he is healthy.

Reaction Score
Jordan Hall should be on the list too. A 6'7 215 point guard who averaged 10.6p, 5.9r, 5.7a and shot 35.1 3p% for Saint Joseph's.

Da'Monte Williams from Illinois gets my nod too. A 6'3 215 glue guy who essentially plays the 4 for Illinois. 5.3 boards, 54.7 3p% and a shutdown perimeter defender.

Former Virginia Tech and current Texas A&M guard Tyrece Radford is another nod to the land of unicorns. 6'2 200 lead guard who rebounds incredibly well (6 per game) and essentially doesn't shoot threes (about an attempt per game in his career). One of the hardest-nosed players I've watched over the last two seasons.

Reaction Score
chet is a monster. watching those 2 preseason clips of ktuck and zaga yesterday, it was crystal clear how different, almost on a different level, the zags looked, and young chet was all up in it. impressive.
not quite sure what u mean by 'unicorn,' but i vote for alexis yetna.
pretty much at the top of the aac in his last full normal year, for both offense and defense.
he's only had 52 games total, yet his brief 16 games season last year had him at 105 drtg, and 116 ortg. not sure how they calculate those, but my eyes tell me that this guy is a pantload on both ends of the floor. last month, his coach called him 'a left-handed angel delgado.'
'Delgado broke Derrick Coleman's record for most rebounds in the Big East with a 19-rebound performance against DePaul on January 27, 2018. In his final game in college, an 83-79 loss to Kansas in the Round of 32 of the NCAA Tournament, he had 24 points and 23 rebounds.'

this season, 6'8'' alexis? well, coming to a highlight reel any day now.
i hope that he is healthy.
Totally forgot we’ll have to play Yetna again now. Tough player, fortunately we have a much better stable of Bigs than the first go round

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom