Uncommitted Recruits | The Boneyard

Uncommitted Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking for any help on who these kids are looking at:

( 1) Aja Wilson .....(F ,SC) - SC,UConn,TN,NC,KY, others
( 7) Gabby Green ....(G ,CA) - Cal,OhSt,LSU,TN,RU
( 5) Jatarie White ..(P ,NC) - TN,SC,NC,Clem, Fla,Mia,FlaSt,OhSt, ??
( 8) LaJahna Drummer.(F ,CA) - verbal to UCLA over Cal,USC
(19) Monique Billings(F ,CA) - verbal to UCLA over USC,UConn
(14) Shakayla Thomas.(F ,AL) - FSU,SC,GA,Aub,AL,MissSt
(13) Jaime Nared ....(W ,OR) - TN,UCLA,USC,OhSt,OreSt,Lou
(20) Kathryn Westbeld(F ,OH) - ND,OhSt
(22) Alyssa Rice ....(P ,OH) - KY,VA
(24) Taylor Rooks ...(F ,NY) - Stan,StJ,Harv,Princ
(23) Gabrielle Ortiz.(PG,WI) - verbal to OKLA over Pur
(33) Bianca Cuevas ..(PG,NY) - TN,Miss,SC
(29) M. Hines-Allen .(F ,NJ) - verbal to LOU over WV,GaTch
(32) Victoria Vivians(W ,MS) - Lou,KY,FL,MissSt
(31) McKenzie Calvert(PG,TX) - TN,GaTch,Winth,BallSt,USC,Duke, ??
(39) Nasheema Oliver.(P ,GA) - GA,MD,ND,Fla,Mia, GaTch

Ranks are from composite calculations of ASGR, ProspectsNation, BlueStar, & FullCourt.

Reaction Score
Ortiz is down to Oklahoma and Purdue.

Rooks's recruitment is a bit of a mystery, but I've never seen evidence that Michigan isn't still on her list.

EDIT: This report says Ortiz is likely to decide between her two finalists this weekend.

Reaction Score
Ortiz is down to Oklahoma and Purdue.

Rooks's recruitment is a bit of a mystery, but I've never seen evidence that Michigan isn't still on her list.

Thanks! I've just gone by the snippets I've seen here and there, but was hoping to draw upon the great expertise that lives on this board.
Updated.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

The list I saw was from Prospect Nation, 8/22 and is the only current information. This report has Stanford still on her list though some Stanford fans think Tara is done for 2014. We'll know soon enough.

Reaction Score
The list I saw was from Prospect Nation, 8/22 and is the only current information. This report has Stanford still on her list though some Stanford fans think Tara is done for 2014. We'll know soon enough.

You're saying Michigan isn't on the PN list?

Reaction Score
Yes.

Well, then, perhaps take Michigan off the list. I've just found what's been reported about her to be incomplete. For example, I know that she visited Indiana in June, and yet Indiana has never been mentioned in any of the lists from the recruiting "experts."

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Well, then, perhaps take Michigan off the list. I've just found what's been reported about her to be incomplete. For example, I know that she visited Indiana in June, and yet Indiana has never been mentioned in any of the lists from the recruiting "experts."

Maybe she didn't like her visit to Indiana. Seriously, it could be they're just guessing, or maybe their source (likely AAU or HS coach) is guessing at this point. I know there are some who've questioned whether UConn has actually offered Rooks a scholarship (though it's almost September and I'm not sure why UConn would be pursuing her at this late date and not have offered.)

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score

( 1) Aja Wilson .......(F ,SC) -- SC,UConn, others (add UNC, Tenn)
( 5) Gabby Green ......(G ,CA) -- Cal,OhioSt,LSU,TN,RU
( 6) Jatarie White ....(P ,NC) -- TN,SC,NC,Clem,Fla,Mia,FlaSt, ?? (add tOSU as she visits next weekend)
( 9) LaJahna Drummer ..(F ,CA) -- TN, others (add Cal, USC, UCLA, Baylor and ND, although this info is old)
(14) Shakayla Thomas ..(F ,AL) -- FSU,SC,GA,Aub,AL,MissSt
(17) Monique Billings .(F ,CA) -- ?? (add TTech, UCLA, SD St.)
(18) Jaime Nared ......(W ,OR) -- TN, others
(21) Kathryn Westbeld .(F ,OH) -- ND,OhioSt,UConn
(22) Alyssa Rice ......(P ,OH) -- ?? (add Kentucky, Virginia)
(26) Taylor Rooks .....(F ,NY) -- UConn,Stan,StJ,Harv,Princ,Mich
(29) Gabrielle Ortiz ..(PG,WI) -- Okla,Purdue
(32) Bianca Cuevas ....(PG,NY) -- TN, others (For final 3 add Ole Miss and S. Car.)
(34) Myisha Hines-Allen(F ,NJ) -- OhioSt,Lou,WV,GaTch (add Fla, LSU, Miami, Rutgers: these were her 8 finalists a month ago)
(35) Victoria Vivians .(W ,MS) -- ?? (add Louisville, Miss St., Kentucky, Fla)
(37) McKenzie Calvert .(PG,TX) -- TN, others (add GaTech, Winthrop, Ball St., USC, Duke, although it's hard to believe that coach P would actually sign a guard!)
(38) Nasheema Oliver ..(P ,GA) -- ?? (add GA, GaTech)

Ranks are from composite calculations of ASGR, ProspectsNation, BlueStar, & FullCourt.
Comments in pink.

Reaction Score

(17) Monique Billings .(F ,CA) -- TxTch,UCLA,SDSt, ??

Not sure if UConn has offered Billings, but there was a video interview posted on YouTube back in July in which she listed UCLA, Cal, Baylor, and UConn as the schools she was looking at.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Can't remember where I saw the video either,but she did say UConn was in her sights.She is a good talent,but I haven't seen anywhere about an offer.

Reaction Score
Nared is taking an official visit to UCLA this weekend (as are Drummer, Billings, and others), so UCLA should be added for her.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think most of these will give a commitment before the season starts.

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
There is a good chance that many of these young ladies will make commitments before the season gets underway..........Don't want an injury during the season and desired schools pull back their schollie offers.

Reaction Score
Did some further digging, and I see now where UConnCat got the info on Rooks. It does look she's named her finalists, so please take Michigan off her list.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
Nared is down to UCLA, USC, Ohio State, Oregon State, Louisville, and Tennessee.

Nasheema Oliver is down to Georgia, Maryland, Notre Dame, Florida, and Miami.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Is there any specific reason you highlighted certain teams and not others?

Also, was Baylor's recruiting class even that big last year? Or have they been affected by Griner's comments that hard? Only one of the top 50 uncommitted even lists them as an option.

That's amazing how many top recruits Coach McGuff has gotten to take a serious look at tOSU in his first year.

Also, I can't imagine all those girls being THAT interested in TN.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score

Also, was Baylor's recruiting class even that big last year? Or have they been affected by Griner's comments that hard? Only one of the top 50 uncommitted even lists them as an option.

That's amazing how many top recruits Coach McGuff has gotten to take a serious look at tOSU in his first year.

I'm guessing vowelguy is just having fun highlighting certain teams, but you cannot color too many because you run out of colors and start repeating.

Baylor already has a commitment from Micayla Buckner, a 6'4" 4-star post. McKenzie Calvert decommitted this spring (post Griner debacle) after having given her verbal in 8th grade. Right now Baylor is listed as recruiting LaJahna Drummer and Monique Billings, but there could be other recruits they are pursuing.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm guessing vowelguy is just having fun highlighting certain teams, but you cannot color too many because you run out of colors and start repeating.

I figure that was the case but thought I'd ask because it was going to drive me nuts trying to figure out if there was a reason and what the reason was.

Baylor already has a commitment from Micayla Buckner, a 6'4" 4-star post. McKenzie Calvert decommitted this spring (post Griner debacle) after having given her verbal in 8th grade. Right now Baylor is listed as recruiting LaJahna Drummer and Monique Billings, but there could be other recruits they are pursuing.

Oh I missed Billings' BAY.

Reaction Score

Color coding was ad hoc - basically teams that are listed a lot and are of interest.

Reaction Score
Baylors problem is that no one has emerged behind Sims, so they shockingly might not be a very good team in 2014-15.

Reaction Score

( 1) Aja Wilson .....(F ,SC) - SC,UConn,TN,NC,KY others
( 5) Gabby Green ....(G ,CA) - Cal,OhSt,LSU,TN,RU
( 6) Jatarie White ..(P ,NC) - TN,SC,NC,Clem, Fla,Mia,FlaSt,OhSt, ??
( 9) LaJahna Drummer.(F ,CA) - TN,Cal,USC,UCLA,Bay,ND, ??
(14) Shakayla Thomas.(F ,AL) - FSU,SC,GA,Aub,AL,MissSt
(17) Monique Billings(F ,CA) - TxTch,UCLA,SDSt, Cal,Bay,UConn?, ??
(18) Jaime Nared ....(W ,OR) - TN,UCLA,USC,OhSt,OreSt,Lou
(21) Kathryn Westbeld(F ,OH) - ND,OhSt,UConn
(22) Alyssa Rice ....(P ,OH) - KY,VA
(26) Taylor Rooks ...(F ,NY) - UConn,Stan,StJ,Harv,Princ
(29) Gabrielle Ortiz.(PG,WI) - Okla,Purdue
(32) Bianca Cuevas ..(PG,NY) - TN,Miss,SC
(34) M. Hines-Allen .(F ,NJ) - OhSt,Lou,WV,GaTch, Fla,LSU,Mia,RU
(35) Victoria Vivians(W ,MS) - Lou,KY,FL,MissSt
(37) McKenzie Calvert(PG,TX) - TN,GaTch,Winth,BallSt,USC,Duke ??
(38) Nasheema Oliver.(P ,GA) - GA,MD,ND,Fla,Mia, GaTch

So we're down to just 4 possibilities? Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom