UNC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
..Those are out-of-state rejections. These schools can only take so many out-of-staters...

Exactly...OOS kids with 2150 SAT's STILL look at UNC as a desirable school, despite their academic fraud. Their academic reputation hasn't suffered one bit from the cheating.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
If you're looking for some great comedy, read these posts from UNC/Scout.

BREAKING: NCAA Issues UNC New ANOA

They think the NCAA is screwing them over because this is lasting so long, that it's unfair re-adding things that were previously removed (that I think should never have been removed) and that ultimately they should sue the NCAA. One brilliant poster even said "Considering the rest of the country (not just Dook and State fans) think we deserve the death penalty due to the media's misreporting of facts..." I can only wonder what facts were misrepresented. It's good stuff.

Reaction Score
Let's see. Some of our students took legitimate classes and did poorly causing us all kinds of sanctions. UNC students made themselves basketball eligible by bumping up their academic averages taking completely bogus courses where they did zero work. No sanctions yet. Sounds fair.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If you're looking for some great comedy, read these posts from UNC/Scout.

BREAKING: NCAA Issues UNC New ANOA

They think the NCAA is screwing them over because this is lasting so long, that it's unfair re-adding things that were previously removed (that I think should never have been removed) and that ultimately they should sue the NCAA. One brilliant poster even said "Considering the rest of the country (not just Dook and State fans) think we deserve the death penalty due to the media's misreporting of facts..." I can only wonder what facts were misrepresented. It's good stuff.
Has HRC and the donkey party taken over at UNC?

Reaction Score
This might get more interesting. So if the championships get vacated does UConn officially move ahead them for number of championships?

UNC again faces NCAA extra-benefits charge in academic case

The NCAA has issued yet another amended notice of allegations stemming from the academic scandal at the University of North Carolina, and the new charge could lead to serious consequences for the men's basketball team.

The NCAA's new allegations include an extra-benefit charge involving men's basketball and cover a period from the 2002-03 season through the 2010-11 season. The Tar Heels won national championships in 2005 and 2009. If the NCAA, through its committee on infractions, concludes that some of the players on that team received extra benefits, they could be deemed ineligible, which could lead to serious charges, including potentially vacating those titles.

Reaction Score
Let's see. Some of our students took legitimate classes and did poorly causing us all kinds of sanctions. UNC students made themselves basketball eligible by bumping up their academic averages taking completely bogus courses where they did zero work. No sanctions yet. Sounds fair.
It's worse. Some of our kids left early to play ball overseas... leaving in good standing, a few classes short of a degree. Yet Kentucky kids always leave and they don't get whacked. I know there is a theoretical difference, but there isn't a morally defensible one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom