UMass-Amherst playing a bought game at Notre Dame in 2015 | The Boneyard

UMass-Amherst playing a bought game at Notre Dame in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, now that Navy is beating them, the Irish have to look elsewhere to try to maintain their status. Yale or Dartmouth may soon themselves with a South Bend booking. Notre Dame is the Titanic of football programs (it doesn't sink immediately, it takes a while). Their only hope is to join a conference.

Reaction Score
i think joining a conference would only exacerbate their decline. the bottom line is no program can afford to sit on their laurels in this day and age. TCU can beat Texas, Stanford can beat USC, and Wake Forest can beat Florida State. any program that thinks they can rely on historical hierarchy will have trouble keeping their head above water, and Notre Dame's no different. the only difference is they have more control over their schedule and i think that's all that's keeping them above .500

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
good get for umass. thats all.

Reaction Score
Is UConn no longer playing ND? Wasn't there a contract in place at one time for 10 games but none were at Rentschler Field? Some games at Foxboro, some at the Meadowlands. Did that contract get voided?

Reaction Score
Is UConn no longer playing ND? Wasn't there a contract in place at one time for 10 games but none were at Rentschler Field? Some games at Foxboro, some at the Meadowlands. Did that contract get voided?

Contract was never signed, and reasons were never clearly articulated.

Reaction Score
UMass ND? Good deal for UMass... and I wonder if UMass could beat them...we did!! :)

Reaction Score
Well, now that Navy is beating them, the Irish have to look elsewhere to try to maintain their status. Yale or Dartmouth may soon themselves with a South Bend booking. Notre Dame is the Titanic of football programs (it doesn't sink immediately, it takes a while). Their only hope is to join a conference.
The ND-Navy series is not, and will not end. That's more important to them than every game except USC.

Reaction Score

If you recall, that contract falling through is the reason we aren't already in the ACC. Sarcasm off.

Reaction Score

Ask Desmond Conner from the Courant he will tell you all the details

Reaction Score

That was the reason from what I read a while ago. ND agreed to a 6 game series, 3 home3 away. The original plan was to have one Uconn game @ Gillette, and 2@ the Rent. ND tried to make one at the New Giants Stadium and one @ Gillette, so essentially we would of gotten one home game out of a 6 game series. Uconn wouldn't agree, series over!

Reaction Score
Anyone know why our Navy series was mysteriously cancelled a few years back? It was cancelled right after they beat the tar out of us a couple of years ago. Don't remember anything in writing after it happened.....

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I thought it was because we ran up the score on them, so Paul Johnson got pissed, had the series canceled and then ran the score up on us the next game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought it was because we ran up the score on them, so Paul Johnson got pissed, had the series canceled and then ran the score up on us the next game.

I heard it was FUCRE who did the cancelling.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Obviously not a Big Fan of UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01