UHart: who are they after to replace Jen? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UHart: who are they after to replace Jen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a UHART season ticket holder for 12 years, just to support Jen, I would like to say this:
I only went to and supported UHART WBB to support Jen. She had some very good years and has 6 banners hanging in that arena. At an event I went to this January she was asked a question about staying at Hartford considering that the president (Dr. Walter Harrison) was leaving. She replied that one of the reasons she has stayed at Hartford this long is that Walter Harrison has given his full support to her and her program. ( Side Bar) Dr. Walter Harrison is a sports fanatic. So, Jen continued that she would have to see how the new president was. I assume she didn't get a good feeling.

UHART is a mess for athletics. I hope that no UCONN alum go to coach there. I don't want to support UHART any more. I wish them luck, but without me. I'll give my support to Jen at JW.

Reaction Score
Let's see.
Berube works for a NESCAC school, where coaches are often considered part of the faculty, and thus paid faculty salaries. She gets to work with very smart kids who are playing only for their love of the game and for a break from studying. She has built a successful program, and will likely be successful for years to come, not that there's intense university pressure to win. She has some recruiting recruiting responsibilities but not super intense. 90% of games are within a 3 hour drive, so time away from home is limited. Oh, and she gets to live in the Boston area.

Yeah, I can see her being enticed about the UHart job.

I love the intensity of Uconn play. My psyche, emotionally, I loved the old Yankee Conf games. So my hat and heart I tip to Tuff's and their league--college sports as it was meant to be--FUN.

What could U Hart ever offer her to take her away from a good job. Money is nice, sometimes living comfortably and happiness trumps buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom