Uh Oh. John Altaville in Hot Water? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Uh Oh. John Altaville in Hot Water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Regardless of what people may think about Altavilla and his tweet, I'd be very circumspect when considering taking away a person's livelihood. That's one hell of a punishment, one which could do irreparable harm both to Altavilla and to any family members dependent upon him. Any consequences and sanctions would hopefully be more commonsensical than his ill-advised act was in the first place. At one time or another, don't we all say or do things we wish we never did?

Reaction Score
Cheez! I must be getting old (older). Watched the entire game and didn't notice anything special about the UT cheerleaders except the "hookem horns" bit with their hands. Maybe I have a finger fetish. :(
Me too. I'm beginning to worry about this age thing.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"....tweet about getting turned on." What??? Don't see that at all. I'm a 67 year old male who is quite happy that I'll be leaving this orb shortly, before the 'crime' of offending someone becomes punishable by death in this country. For the record I am not a fan of cheerleaders at all, whether dressed as matrons or pole dancers.
Did you see his tweets?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My appology to you Meyer. My bad. It was WALLY EAST that mentioned dating.
Ok, you had me going there for awhile. Thought I was forgetting stuff.....again. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
No, rooting for the team as one of the symbols of the spirit of the school. That was the point.
Listen, I thought the cheerleader schitck was a hoot, I was just trying to point out how ridiculous it can get at times in embracing political correctness- that's all.

Reaction Score
Please clear something up for me. I'm pushing 80, so what women am I allowed to date age-wise? (With my wife's permission and subject to my cardiologist's blessing of course). Also, I admit looking at pictures of the cheerleaders. Will I be condemned to eternal damnation?

Meanwhile, lets forget the whole thing and move on. It's over.
Honesty is so refreshing. If there is a justice in the universe, you will be condemned to watching cheerleaders throughout eternity.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to defend John A's out of place remark but I would like to bring up a bigger issue-the whole object of "cheer leaders" and "dancers" at sporting events. To all you Uconn male/female cheerleaders and dancers, if you want to support the team, buy a ticket and help fill the student section at Uconn sporting events. If you are a gymnast consider trying out for the gymnastics team. If you are a dancer, consider joining a dance team on campus and enjoy strutting your stuff at dance competitions in front of people who have come to watch dance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Kerith's major point was that this was a common comment from John.
IMG_20150329_193014.png

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Please clear something up for me. I'm pushing 80, so what women am I allowed to date age-wise? (With my wife's permission and subject to my cardiologist's blessing of course).

The rule is actually divide by 2 and add 10 (not 7)...so you're good-to-go from 50 on up!

It also works in reverse...multiply by 2 and subtract 10. In which case you're good-to-go up to 150, but will be accused of being a dirty young man! :eek:

The good news is that it isn't really a rule, but a guideline! ;)

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
The rule is actually divide by 2 and add 10 (not 7)

No, it's 7. Even Wikipedia has it as +7, which points out that it dates back more than 100 years.

18/2 + 7= 16 but 18/2 + 10 = 19, which makes no sense.

But, yes, obviously just a rule of thumb.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
No, it's 7. Even Wikipedia has it as +7, which points out that it dates back more than 100 years.

18/2 + 7= 16 but 18/2 + 10 = 19, which makes no sense.

But, yes, obviously just a rule of thumb.
Well it must be true if Wikipedia says so. :rolleyes:

I think the 18 year old example you site is silly, since the premise is what actually constitutes age appropriate dating of mature adults, not teenagers. Try 50/2 + 10 = 35 and the formula makes a bit more sense.

Either way, JA is a dumba$$ and needs to keep his inner voice in check. I think his embarrassment over the public flogging he has received is punishment enough and folks should move on.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Well it must be true if Wikipedia says so. :rolleyes:

I think the 18 year old example you site is silly, since the premise is what actually constitutes age appropriate dating of mature adults, not teenagers. Try 50/2 + 10 = 35 and the formula makes a bit more sense.

Nope, not silly, but thanks for playing :D

The idea is that + 7 works from 18 on up, even 14, really, which is, give or take, when people start to date. 14-year-olds can date 14-year-olds. But, the Wikipedia article does apply it to older adults, as well.

And because Wikipedia cites its sources (and there are more than a half-dozen of them), yes, I'm going to trust it over ... I don't even know what.

Either way, JA is a dumba$$ and needs to keep his inner voice in check. I think his embarrassment over the public flogging he has received is punishment enough and folks should move on.

Agreed. :)

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Here are the Texas dancers... The cheerleaders outfits were no different than the UConn cheerleaders...

DSC_3517C.jpg

Last edited:

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Is wearing underwear over baggy pants sexy? It's so tough to keep up with the trends.
They're actually chaps, so the view from behind is anything but baggy pants.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They're actually chaps, so the view from behind is anything but baggy pants.
Ahhh, got it.

Reaction Score
300_05.11.12-Senior-Games-GG-scan-300x228.jpg
Texas dancers? Phooey! These babes are the real deal!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Danny's got some on his Facebook page ...
https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=3c4be17a7dab08d74299ef4030a0504d&oe=55BD3207

Personally I think the whole thing is the Texas team's fault. If the game had been more of a contest, no one would've cared what the cheerleaders were doing ... Why are they even there any way? They don't lead cheers (the band actually does better cheering) ... All they do is wave their pom-poms and climb on top of each other during time outs <sigh>
Those young ladies happened to be representative s of the UT Dance Team. They also had a larger group of cheerleaders.

Reaction Score
I'm 55, never married, no children and routinely date in the mid 20s to mid 40s range.

It appears I am a candidate for great scorn according to some of the mathmatical calculations I'm seeing.:eek:

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
This "How Old Is Too Old to Leer?" discussion is a red herring.

It was completely inappropriate for Altavilla - in his professional capacity on company time - to comment on cheerleaders. He's there to report about the game, period. It would be equally inappropriate if he were 25 or 28 although a bit more understandable since it could be chalked up to relative youth and stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom