Uh oh: Dangerfield out for a few weeks | The Boneyard

Uh oh: Dangerfield out for a few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Yeah, serious downer. I suppose this isn't the worst time in the season, schedule-wise, for this to happen, if it had to happen. Just hope this doesn't hurt her development as a freshman too much and she's able to come back 100% healthy.

Reaction Score
Yeah, serious downer. I suppose this isn't the worst time in the season, schedule-wise, for this to happen, if it had to happen. Just hope this doesn't hurt her development as a freshman too much and she's able to come back 100% healthy.
I don't believe this will impact her development. IMO, her progress is not physical, it's between her ears. And watching her assert herself tonight, I think the light is coming on for her. And when the mental catches up with the physical, look out.

HGN

Reaction Score
Foot issue ?? Has anyone heard what the specific problem is?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Foot issue ?? Has anyone heard what the specific problem is?
I'm guessing (and no I haven't heard) it's probably like a stress fracture/reaction thing. Usually what it is when they have to shut down for a bit.
Not really. You know we were going to have some lost time to injuries this year. If this is the biggest one, and this is the timing, then we're all good.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Maybe I am just being over-optimistic but if this was truly serious there is NO way she would have played last night.
It is a planned absence according to Geno...planned before last night. Maybe back by South Carolina on Feb. 13? March and April is when we need her.
Time for Molly to step up.

Reaction Score
Listen to the presser. They knew about this before the game and let her play this one before shutting her down. Remember last year when they shut Morgan down for 2 weeks before the South Carolina game and then she went on a tear when she came back? Chill....

Reaction Score
Listen to the presser. They knew about this before the game and let her play this one before shutting her down. Remember last year when they shut Morgan down for 2 weeks before the South Carolina game and then she went on a tear when she came back? Chill....
Thanks--Since I don't "listen" to pressers--I appreciate the information. I surely hope it works as you say. But more than that I hope she does not have Morgan Valleys issues with feet--that almost (if it didn't) ended her PT at Uconn.

Reaction Score
Maybe I am just being over-optimistic but if this was truly serious there is NO way she would have played last night.
It is a planned absence according to Geno...planned before last night. Maybe back by South Carolina on Feb. 13? March and April is when we need her.
Time for Molly to step up.
Optimistic--is GOOD. The world needs more of that--as long a you can see the sky, hear the birds --watch Uconn Women Win BIG--why not be optimistic!!! Did you see that 360 spin to score?? How bad can it be???

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Planter fasciitis?
That's what it sounded like to me, essentially "severe inflammation."' The only way to deal with it is rest. I hope Danger comes back at 100%. Her incredible spin move in last night's game wet everyone's appetite to see more.

HGN

Reaction Score
I'm guessing (and no I haven't heard) it's probably like a stress fracture/reaction thing. Usually what it is when they have to shut down for a bit.

Not really. You know we were going to have some lost time to injuries this year. If this is the biggest one, and this is the timing, then we're all good.
Thanks Meyers.............

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Ouch. Right in the middle of conference play...that is going to hurt UCONN's chances of winning by 60+ points. :)
It's a good time to lose her, I agree. I'd hope to see her against ECU, but Houston's okay with me. The down side is it gives Chong and Butler more time to improve and whup your BaylorButts harder when we meet in the semi's. Laissez les bon temps roulez y'all.

Reaction Score
Losing Dangerfield sucks but maybe Bent will look to score now.
I'm a Molly cheering section of one. But she tried at least twice, possible more --and was stuffed by a player equal size or slightly taller. She has a problem a few shooters at UC had--they had to set their feet--had to learn to catch and shoot, shoot on the run. The kid can score--and shall--I'm afraid--later than sooner.
I agree losing Dangerfield isn't great--she needed all the PT she could get against AAC competition. Molly will have to
develop by leaps and bounds and become super woman to fill in for Crystal. I think of Defense and leading the point--she can do that--with freshman mistakes.

Reaction Score
It's a good time to lose her, I agree. I'd hope to see her against ECU, but Houston's okay with me. The down side is it gives Chong and Butler more time to improve and whup your BaylorButts harder when we meet in the semi's. Laissez les bon temps roulez y'all.
It will be interesting to see if BOTH Buttler and Saniya revert or pickup an continue to look to score and for Butler to kick some more butt under the boards. I'd rather see a fully operational Crystal and let Saniya and Butler miss a few minutes.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if BOTH Buttler and Saniya revert or pickup an continue to look to score and for Butler to kick some more butt under the boards. I'd rather see a fully operational Crystal and let Saniya and Butler miss a few minutes.
I want it ALL man. Everyone moves forward. I don't see why it can't happen.

Reaction Score

Amen. And roll and roll . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger