UEFA UCL & Europa semi-finals and finals | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UEFA UCL & Europa semi-finals and finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Interesting, another thing about Barca vs Juventus, that I hadn't thought of. Just read this. Suarez will be facing Chiellini and Evra. Two players he has quite a history with. 8 game ban for racially abusing Evra and 4 month ban for biting Chiellini.

http://www.espnfc.us/club/barcelona/83/blog/post/2448497/luis-suarez-facing-evra-chiellini-in-barca-juve-ucl-final

The Chiellini vs. Suarez thing has been on my mind ever since Juve got past Monaco. But I had forgotten about the Evra connection. I hope neither of the two Juve players find themselves in a "red card acquisition" situation, although I would love for Suarez to get paid back in full. I suppose the best way to do that is just to win...

Reaction Score
When doesn't Ronaldo nearly cry, pout, whine, etc.? Great athlete sure, but likable?

Don't you love it when he scores and he runs away from his teammates forcing them to come and homage to him?

Fun player to watch but not likeable. But the nice thing about Messi/Ronaldo is that their styles are such a contrast.

Reaction Score
The Chiellini vs. Suarez thing has been on my mind ever since Juve got past Monaco. But I had forgotten about the Evra connection. I hope neither of the two Juve players find themselves in a "red card acquisition" situation, although I would love for Suarez to get paid back in full. I suppose the best way to do that is just to win...

I am sure the media will make a big deal. But I could see Juve maybe trying to provoke him a la Zidane.

Reaction Score
I am sure the media will make a big deal. But I could see Juve maybe trying to provoke him a la Zidane.

Don't worry, Barca already has a special uniform for Suarez to wear.

suarez-hannibal1.jpg

Reaction Score
Sevilla is going for back to back Europa League championships (did not realize they were defending champs). Valencia is praying for a Dinipro upset, as a Sevilla win would puth tem automatically into next seasons UCL, bumping Valencia to Europa and Atletico to the "play-in" game for UCL. Brings back bad memories of Chelsea going on that sick run to beat Bayern and win UCL 3 years ago, bumping Spurs from UCL to Europa, and pretty much sealing the fate of Bale to Real. F'ng Drogba.

Happy for Dinipro getting the home result over Napoli.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Brings back bad memories of Chelsea going on that sick run to beat Bayern and win UCL 3 years ago, bumping Spurs from UCL to Europa, and pretty much sealing the fate of Bale to Real. F'ng Drogba.
That was freaking hilarious. :cool: (of course we hate Drogba too)

Reaction Score
Awesome! This will be a great final.

Reaction Score
Happy that Arsenal was able to get a draw at Old Stafford against Man U. Man U was clearly the better side for most of the first 30 minutes to so; but, the Gunners finally found their game in the last 30 minutes or so. Arsenal does not do well sitting back, their best defense is attacking the other team's net. Today's result shoudl just about guarantee Arsenal's slot into the Champions league next season without having to pre-qualify as the EPL's 3rd best team. Just hope they remember to show-up in the quarterfinals this time around.

I would love to see Southampton sneak into Europa ahead of Liverpool or Tottenham; but, Southampton has Man City left (who art least won't be playing for anything as they just about have 2nd place wrapped-up) whereas Liverpool has Crystal Palace and Tottenham has Everton.

Reaction Score
Europa league seems like a total quagmire to me. You play on Thursdays, often giving you only two rest days which include travel. It didn't do Tottenham or Everton any favors this year.

Reaction Score
If Arsenal wins FA Cup, then whoever finishes 7th will get a shot at Europa. I thnk the best thing that happened to Man U was missign out on Europa last season. Being able to focus on just the League when you're trying to get back into top 4 is such an advantage. That Thursday game screws with team. I am not interested enough in doing it, but would be curios to see all EPL sides Leage records the weekend following a Europa Thursday match. I know Spurs was horrendous, prertty sure Everton's was too.

There could conceivably be a 4th EPL team in EUropas as well, sicne they were rewarded a "Fair Play" spot in additoin to their current 3 slots.

Reaction Score
If Arsenal wins FA Cup, then whoever finishes 7th will get a shot at Europa. I thnk the best thing that happened to Man U was missign out on Europa last season. Being able to focus on just the League when you're trying to get back into top 4 is such an advantage. That Thursday game screws with team. I am not interested enough in doing it, but would be curios to see all EPL sides Leage records the weekend following a Europa Thursday match. I know Spurs was horrendous, prertty sure Everton's was too.

There could conceivably be a 4th EPL team in EUropas as well, sicne they were rewarded a "Fair Play" spot in additoin to their current 3 slots.

The travel has to be killer. I think one of the reasons EPL fairs so poorly in Europe is the travel. They are so used to taking the bus/train that they just aren't in the long trip rhythm. I know this is a big reason why MLS doesn't do the midweek games as often. Recovery is a pain. Many of the teams are getting smart and they are doing their regeneration day in the same city as where they play on away games. Regnerating on two flights and a layover just isn't good enough because of how you get dehydrated.

Europa just makes that handicap worse because they play on Thursdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom