UConn's interchangeable parts.... :) | The Boneyard

UConn's interchangeable parts.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
UConn vs USF 1.jpeg

Several times recently, when watching my favorite basketball team, I have had to look close to see which player made that last great rebound or awesome twisting lay up. Yes, I'm older and wear glasses, but that isn't the problem. And no, even at Bokamper's, I rarely finish my one light beer. :cool: The issue is interchangeable parts.... sometimes Gabby looks/plays like Pheesa and often Kia passes/shoots like Saniya. Or the other way around.. ;)

And when they are defense, forgetaboutit.... The first USF possession, there were 6 defensive switches by UConn, on and off the ball, and USF never got off a shot..!! Not even a lousy shot..!! It looked like Geno had started the game with 7 players. While each of the four pictured above has specialties on defense, and obviously on offense, they are basically interchangeable parts. UConn losses nothing when switching on defense and opponents can't start even their basic pick and rolls, screens or cuts. And you can include that tall girl from California in this formula...:D

The 1st half of the USF game was a defensive clinic. USF made only 9 baskets and had 7 shots blocked. USF had just 1 assist, but gave up 12 turnovers. Their 19 points would have been a decent quarter, except it was for the whole half. UConn committed 1 foul, blocked the 7 shots and stole 6 passes. I'm still not sure who did what of all that...but it was impressive..!! Definitely interchangeable parts.. :)

Go Huskies..!!

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Wonderful David...

There was a mention in one of the pieces about the recruits and their reaction to to Tuesday's win that one of CD's rules is ...on a breakaway; all teammates must be at least at the half court line...
Hustle all.
Demonstrated above...Only the S Fl kids are left in the dust.

Reaction Score
Watched the game again last night and was amazed (again) by how fast and hard they run on a fast break especially Kia and Gabby. They for sure put the word fast in fast break :)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That one foul was an offensive foul on Kia in the first quarter - no defensive foul committed until the fourth Q when Chong picked up the first one. All the other fouls were by bench players in the fourth Q.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It really is funny. The symmetry of the picture. Basically, its like having a mirror at the midpoint of picture. The symmetry even extends
to the USF players. Only the BBall breaks the reflection. It sought of reminds me of those early morning superhero cartoons
where they run to save the day.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I used to love watching the Red Aurebach coached Boston Celtics run their fast break. All 5 players ran the floor and it was often the 5th player that was wide open for the shot. When all 5 players run the floor, it puts tremendous pressure on everyone on the other team to get back on defense. Geno is a student of basketball and he understands just how tough it is to play against a team when everyone runs the floor.

Just think about A'ja Wilson & Alaina Coates trying to run the floor with Gabby & Pheesa and you don't really feel too bad about the Huskies height disadvantage. :)

Reaction Score
Great post as usual, David. And that photo of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse...nuff said.

But...what's this about?
Their 19 points would have been a decent quarter, except it was for the whole half.

A "whole half"? Seriously? You gonna start slipping oxymorons into your posts? You're better than that. (Unfortunately, I'm not.)

;)

Reaction Score
Great post as usual, David. And that photo of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse...nuff said.

But...what's this about?
Their 19 points would have been a decent quarter, except it was for the whole half.

A "whole half"? Seriously? You gonna start slipping oxymorons into your posts? You're better than that. (Unfortunately, I'm not.)

;)
He probably typed "whole half" while dinning on jumbo shrimp.

Reaction Score
View attachment 18571

Several times recently, when watching my favorite basketball team, I have had to look close to see which player made that last great rebound or awesome twisting lay up. Yes, I'm older and wear glasses, but that isn't the problem. And no, even at Bokamper's, I rarely finish my one light beer. :cool: The issue is interchangeable parts.... sometimes Gabby looks/plays like Pheesa and often Kia passes/shoots like Saniya. Or the other way around.. ;)

And when they are defense, forgetaboutit.... The first USF possession, there were 6 defensive switches by UConn, on and off the ball, and USF never got off a shot..!! Not even a lousy shot..!! It looked like Geno had started the game with 7 players. While each of the four pictured above has specialties on defense, and obviously on offense, they are basically interchangeable parts. UConn losses nothing when switching on defense and opponents can't start even their basic pick and rolls, screens or cuts. And you can include that tall girl from California in this formula...:D

The 1st half of the USF game was a defensive clinic. USF made only 9 baskets and had 7 shots blocked. USF had just 1 assist, but gave up 12 turnovers. Their 19 points would have been a decent quarter, except it was for the whole half. UConn committed 1 foul, blocked the 7 shots and stole 6 passes. I'm still not sure who did what of all that...but it was impressive..!! Definitely interchangeable parts.. :)

Go Huskies..!!

Great Point David. I made mention of this in another thread and Coach Auriemma has basically taken a perceived negative in their lack of a "true center" and used it as a positive in their defensive scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom