#UConnFootballMoments | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#UConnFootballMoments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
USF game 2007 - They were ranked #11 in the polls (as high as #2 the previous week). Was a rainy day but made for a great home atmosphere. The final goal line stand on USF going into a noisy student section was a memorable moment in Rent history.

Best game ever at The Rent period. Number 2 is the Houston win followed by the Virginia blowout. The Virginia blow out sticks out in my mind because the atmosphere before the game tailgating was one that UConn was going to win and win big. There was an attitude that night and for some reason ticket scalers were looking to actually buy tickets because of the sellout. Tickets went over face that night for some reason.

When I see Matt Balis I remind him that Donald Brown has just stopped running from that game. He just shakes his head and smiles.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We were the only non-conference opponent that eventual Heisman trophy winner Robert Griffin III lost to twice during his four year career at Baylor. He was also quite impressed with the crowd at Rentschler during the game in his freshman season, calling it the loudest crowd he ever heard at an away game. Considering most of his college career games were played in 50,000+ seat stadiums, that's quite a testament to Husky football fans.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We were the only non-conference opponent that eventual Heisman trophy winner Robert Griffin III lost to twice during his four year career at Baylor. He was also quite impressed with the crowd at Rentschler during the game in his freshman season, calling it the loudest crowd he ever heard at an away game. Considering most of his college career games were played in 50,000+ seat stadiums, that's quite a testament to Husky football fans.

Interesting part is that he wasn't close to the best player on the field, his being a freshman duly noted. Bulter, Brown, and Sherman were better at their positions that year.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
2008 primetime game vs Baylor and RG3. Wild game and a great atmosphere for football.

RG3 was absolutely brutalized in this game. Amazed he could walk after.

Reaction Score
Edsall's teams were always very physical. He recruited to that. PP let that dissipate and hopefully Diaco will bring in back.

Reaction Score
Another epic Pitt game was 2010. Coming off the WVU OT win another good one under the lights at the Rent. Todman was all over the field that night with his shifting runs. Most memorable moments were down 21-13, last play of 3rd qtr Nick Williams takes the kickoff to the house. Opened the door to 20 unanswered points (props to the D for forcing turnovers). Will never forget right after Frazer's TD pass to Isiah Moore, they kicked up Sandstorm and the stadium was rocking! Players dancing on the sideline. Awesome moment. And finally Randy's 4th & 1 gamble from our own 19 with 2:50 left up 2, and eventually ran the ball down their throats until the clock ran out (accompanied by Randy's classic happy dance). 30-28 win. Defining game that set the table for that 2010 team to turn things around from 3-4 and go on our Fiesta Bowl run.

Reaction Score
Kendall Reyes fumble return against Cincinnati.

That was the moment that I'll never forget, having watched a UMiami DL for the #1 team in the country at the time outrun our entire offensive unit in a 40 yard sprint a couple of years prior.

Watching him sprint down that field and nearly get to the house in an 80 yard run was a huge moment for me.

UCONN can and will compete in football at the highest level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom