UConn Women's Basketball Postgame (Texas) - Players | The Boneyard

UConn Women's Basketball Postgame (Texas) - Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cannot image Naphessa is just a sophomore.
Can anyone tell me were DT and Maya as good at their sophomore year?
I think Napheesa is almost as good as Stewie's sophomore year. (based on the points and rebounds, correct me if I am wrong)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What did Geno say 2 days ago: she's just going to keep getting better and better and better. Everything she does is so smooth and subtle and then you realize ... what? Wow!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya was the AP Player of the Year her sophomore year.
Maya's place in the AP POY voting by year:

Freshman #2 behind Candace Parker
Sophomore #1
Junior #2 behind Tina Charles (her roommate)
Senior #1

No one else has ever finished in the top 2 every year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Napheesa is almost as good as Stewie's sophomore year. (based on the points and rebounds, correct me if I am wrong)
Stewie's stats for the season: 19.4 and 8.1

Napheesa's stats through 7 games: 19.0 and 7.1

Pretty close. We'll see how the season progresses. This year is definitely a work in progress, but it's fun watching the team evolve.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
KSL and phessa only soph. This could get ugly in years to come. That's a good thing!

With only Chong graduating in 2017, the main challenge is going to be managing playing time among the other four returning starters, plus Dangerfield and Butler, plus Stevens and Camara, plus the four very strong incoming freshmen. Will there be enough minutes to go around? That's 12 bodies competing for 200 total minutes.

Reaction Score
The reporters/camera/editor obviously love Lou more. They interviewed the 4 of them in this 12 min clip and they had Lou on for more than 5 min! :)

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score

During Gabby's interview there's a familiar Husky hanging out just to her right... Kalana Greene. I've seen Kalana at a number of UConn games and even a few Sun games. Does anyone know what she's up to? Is she working in the area?

Reaction Score
With only Chong graduating in 2017, the main challenge is going to be managing playing time among the other four returning starters, plus Dangerfield and Butler, plus Stevens and Camara, plus the four very strong incoming freshmen. Will there be enough minutes to go around? That's 12 bodies competing for 200 total minutes.
That is beyond imagination ....in 2017...LOL

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Plus Bent and Irwin = 14 bodies.

Reaction Score

I think the starters this year are playing too many minutes out of necessity due to lack of depth on the team, so next year may be closer to normal.

Reaction Score
It's hard to believe that next year, we'll have such a full house. We're only losing Chong (And my favorite, Lawlor :() and bringing back - and introducing - a plethora of talent that will compete for minutes. I don't see our starters changing next year aside from replacing Saniya, but the bench is going to be deep. It's almost too good to be true!

I do hope, however, that we don't have another Sadie Edwards. It's always hard when a player doesn't get the minutes they want / think they deserve, and rather than stick it out and earn those minutes through hard work and dedication, choose to go elsewhere to get those minutes off the bat. Now I have nothing but love for her - I just hope, with such a deep bench, that we don't have that issue. But... if these kids are here to play UConn basketball and be a team player, we shouldn't have that issue ;)

Reaction Score
Yes. Better. Both.

Reaction Score
I do hope, however, that we don't have another Sadie Edwards. It's always hard when a player doesn't get the minutes they want / think they deserve, and rather than stick it out and earn those minutes through hard work and dedication, choose to go elsewhere to get those minutes off the bat. Now I have nothing but love for her - I just hope, with such a deep bench, that we don't have that issue. But... if these kids are here to play UConn basketball and be a team player, we shouldn't have that issue ;)
We will.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Maya and DT were as good as freshmen as Napheesa is as sophomore! :eek::) And then they made a big sophomore leap! :cool::cool:

Reaction Score
Pride, intensity, commitment, all on display. So Geno is right, recruiting for character, AND talent. They may lose, but they will do it under control. Couldn't be more proud of this group. And that look on Butler's face, that realization that her time was now. They really needed her and she delivered.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Is there a rule that a university can only have one team? We should split into UCONN A and UCONN B with Geno + Marissa coaching
A and CD and Shea coaching B. :D:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul