UConn West Coast Swing Part 2 - March 15 vs USCw | The Boneyard

UConn West Coast Swing Part 2 - March 15 vs USCw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CdoKG0MW8AMsASD.jpg

Reaction Score
No score after 1st inning. Always encouraging to see Zapata get a 1-2-3 inning right away.

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice a common theme with our recent offensive struggles? Where did our patience at the plate go? Also, in case your interested you can watch the live video stream at the usc site

Reaction Score
RBI double by Sundberg makes it 1-0 UConn after the top of the 3rd.

Reaction Score
Zapata runs into trouble in the bottom of the 4th and gives up two runs, making it 2-1 USC. WHUS guys say Pat Ruotolo was warming up in the bullpen during the inning.

Reaction Score
Yahn triple drives in Sundberg in the top of the 5th. Game tied at 2. Ruotolo still warming up.

Reaction Score
Sunberg had a very nice at bat prior to the Yahn triple. Routolio comes in for first time this year gets 2 outs and picks up a K.

Reaction Score
Stefanski with a clutch 2 out bases clearing double to give the Huskies a 5-4 lead going to bottom of the 8th.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
We win 5-4. The team continues to be up and down, and I'd say it's tough to evaluate this team before seeing how they do against UC Santa Barbara...go out and win that series please.

Solid win tonight, the bullpen held tough.

Last edited:

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Nice comeback win for the huskies here, clutch hit by Stefanski and way to stay composed by Polonia and get the strikeout with the bases loaded.

Reaction Score
Wow... What a 9th inning. Glad I stayed up.

Nice free stream as well - thanks @uscbaseball!

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Wow... What a 9th inning. Glad I stayed up.

Nice free stream as well - thanks @uscbaseball!
Yeah the stream was very good for a free stream, good quality and the announcers were good. I liked it was from behind the pitcher, don't get that a lot in college and nice scoreboard as well.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This is what I call a statement win. Beating a PAC-12 program with a history of producing pro-level talent bodes very well for this team. It's also awesome to see a walk-on from North Stonington make the key play to beat a team of blue-chip California recruits.

Reaction Score
An excellent win indeed, one that does wonders for the RPI. I went to bed during it all, which kept me away from the computer, but I did have the radio on. I nodded off during the time Domnarski was in the game, but I was back aware of things while the late inning rally was taking place. It certainly sounds like Domnarski is earning his stripes with Penders as far as being a part of the regular relief crew when the game is close. And Stefanski is making us all feel better about the corner outfield situation. It will be interesting to see if he starts to get at bats against lefties, or if Toppa continues to get some time.

Of course, Aaron Hill continues to not hit well at all. Still, I get the idea that Penders would just prefer to leave Yahn at 3B where his fielding has substantially improved, and live with Hill at second.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
An excellent win indeed, one that does wonders for the RPI. I went to bed during it all, which kept me away from the computer, but I did have the radio on. I nodded off during the time Domnarski was in the game, but I was back aware of things while the late inning rally was taking place. It certainly sounds like Domnarski is earning his stripes with Penders as far as being a part of the regular relief crew when the game is close. And Stefanski is making us all feel better about the corner outfield situation. It will be interesting to see if he starts to get at bats against lefties, or if Toppa continues to get some time.

Of course, Aaron Hill continues to not hit well at all. Still, I get the idea that Penders would just prefer to leave Yahn at 3B where his fielding has substantially improved, and live with Hill at second.

I think Buckley's brief cameo this past weekend fuels the notion that we could be moving towards a Buckley-3B, Yahn-2B situation if Hill can't improve his hitting. Granted I'm not terribly familiar with Buckley's defensive acumen, but that offensive lineup could do a good bit of damage.

Reaction Score
I think Buckley's brief cameo this past weekend fuels the notion that we could be moving towards a Buckley-3B, Yahn-2B situation if Hill can't improve his hitting. Granted I'm not terribly familiar with Buckley's defensive acumen, but that offensive lineup could do a good bit of damage.

That could indeed happen. Hill also got off to a very slow start last year, which was what got Yahn into the lineup in the first place at 3B.

Reaction Score
They talked about Hill during the game the other night and they said he hit in the .320's in a very competitive summer league that used wooden bats. I wonder why It has never translated to him doing well during his career so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom