UConn-VT Rematch Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn-VT Rematch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Absolutely unreal. We get 1 stinking run when it should have been a huge inning. There's aggressive and then there is stupid. A safety squeeze and our runner doesn't go on a great bunt? This game is reminding me so much of the entire season which just drove me nuts.

Reaction Score
With no outs there is no reason in the world to try and risk it. Just boneheaded and may have cost him the season.

Yup - They had to make a perfect throw from foul territory and did. Every questionable play could have cost them the season... Ferriter misplaying ball last night, Testani swinging @ ball 4 last night, Paul over-sliding base, Pender's sending runner...

It is what it is. We're not overmatched and haven't been.

Reaction Score
We just got screwed. The guys bat went past the plate for what should have been the third strike and then he ends up hitting a double to lead off inning. Umps listening to the crowd which oohs and aahs with every pitch if they don't get the call.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Absolutely unreal. We get 1 stinking run when it should have been a huge inning. There's aggressive and then there is stupid. A safety squeeze and our runner doesn't go on a great bunt? This game is reminding me so much of the entire season which just drove me nuts.

Dunno if you saw it, but a few weeks ago Chris Jones went off on you via twitter.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
That was a clutch way to get out of a nasty inning. We've just gotta find a way to score our runners in scoring position...

zls44

Reaction Score
Who is Chris Jones and what did he say?

WHUS PBP kid. Basically called out the entire board as knowing nothing about baseball, but specifically you as well.

I like Penders and think he's done a great job, but the constant bunting is absolute madness.

Reaction Score
WHUS PBP kid. Basically called out the entire board as knowing nothing about baseball, but specifically you as well.

I like Penders and think he's done a great job, but the constant bunting is absolute madness.
Would challenge him to a knowledge test any day. I guess he would say it was a smart play to send McDowell then I suppose. On a separate note, Testani really needs to work on his batting in the offseason. He is missing everything.

Reaction Score
Who is Chris Jones and what did he say?

It was back @ end of April... he ranted in two back to back posts. Not sure what discussion on here might have provoked it (sure you can go back and figure it out). He wasn't talking about your mother or anything :)

Chris Jones@JonesCcj21 Apr
The Boneyard continues to prove that they are a bunch of idiots. No idea what is going on.

Could someone tell ATLDYKA to shut up. Thinks he knows how the ballclub is run. How many ball games has ATLDYKA won on his own. Prob zero

zls44

Reaction Score
Chris does a great job, but he is mistaking sharing beers with the bullpen guys in Celeron for actual knowledge of "how to win games" or "how the ballclub is run".

teamhashtag
teamhashtag
teamhashtag

Reaction Score
It was back @ end of April... he ranted in two back to back posts. Not sure what discussion on here might have provoked it (sure you can go back and figure it out). He wasn't talking about your mother or anything :)

The Boneyard continues to prove that they are a bunch of idiots. No idea what is going on.

Could someone tell ATLDYKA to shut up. Thinks he knows how the ballclub is run. How many ball games has ATLDYKA won on his own. Prob zero
I'll have to look it up, curious as to what is was I said that I have no idea of what I am talking about.

Reaction Score
I've listened to the as much WHUS baseball broadcasts as I can. Chris Jones is good. I don't always agree with him, but it is obvious that he lives and breathes baseball, and knows more than something about the game.

zls44

Reaction Score
I've listened to the as much WHUS baseball broadcasts as I can. Chris Jones is good. I don't always agree with him, but it is obvious that he lives and breathes baseball, and knows more than something about the game.

I agree.

But that doesn't mean nobody here knows anything. I do know that the people here represent a significant percentage of the total # of listeners, so publicly referring to it a den of idiocy is a bad move.

zls44

Reaction Score
Hell of a play by Feehan

Reaction Score
Chris does a great job, but he is mistaking sharing beers with the bullpen guys in Celeron for actual knowledge of "how to win games" or "how the ballclub is run".

teamhashtag
teamhashtag
teamhashtag

University radio station... tough to complain when they make such a personal and financial commitment to get these games on the air. Easy to filter...

zls44

Reaction Score
University radio station... tough to complain when they make such a personal and financial commitment to get these games on the air. Easy to filter...

WHUS is the best

Reaction Score
7631_512.jpg

zls44

Reaction Score
Please help us flying spaghetti monster

Reaction Score
Well we made it interesting. In the end, the boneheaded decision in the 5th cost us the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom