UConn vs. Vermont - First Hockey East Home Playoff Series (3/4 - 3/6) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Vermont - First Hockey East Home Playoff Series (3/4 - 3/6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@Manthonycourant
Attendance at XL Center for UConn/Vermont: 4,045.

Reaction Score
UConnMHOC 9:21pm via TweetDeck
Final from @XLCenter - Vermont Takes Game 1 #HEAPlayoffs
CcwBrCIW0AA5xAN.jpg

Reaction Score
Defense defense defense
Recruit the hell out of sound fundamental defenseman

And tell the forwards to get the puck out of the zone and stop being so cute with it

Reaction Score
Dump and chase put a guy in front of the net the friggin basics

Reaction Score
Honestly there must have been 30 40 or 50 awful turnover in our end as usual. Every friggin game

Reaction Score
Get the puck up the boards. Not kind of up the boards where it gets picked off every time by average defnseman

Reaction Score
Alright good night see u tomorrow time to drink more guinness

Reaction Score
those refs must be pregnant, they missed 3 periods
GREAT POST...one of the top of not THE top post Inhave ever seen on TBY! You hit the nail on the head with this post!

Reaction Score
those refs must be pregnant, they missed 3 periods
They did not call 4 clear penalties on VT they were brutal but the refs aren't the one"s who are suppose to put the puck in the net. UCONN"s inability to consistently score on 5 on 5 had has hurt them all year. Hopefully UCONN comes out tonight with some urgency early in the game and pushes this series to game 3.

Reaction Score
Defense defense defense
Recruit the hell out of sound fundamental defenseman

And tell the forwards to get
Honestly there must have been 30 40 or 50 awful turnover in our end as usual. Every friggin game
I read earlier how Masonius was a turnover machine on defense and whoever wrote that was 100 % correct. After his 7-8th turnover in his own zone I could see Coach Cav through the glass blasting the kid which was a little too late. The kid does an okay job on the PP but after that he plays a very inmature, casual, selfish game.

Reaction Score
I read earlier how Masonius was a turnover machine on defense and whoever wrote that was 100 % correct. After his 7-8th turnover in his own zone I could see Coach Cav through the glass blasting the kid which was a little too late. The kid does an okay job on the PP but after that he plays a very inmature, casual, selfish game.
You wrote it with your other screen name Hockeyfan44....

Reaction Score
Brutal loss give up the tying goal with what 9 to go? Then the game winner with a minute left
The referees were atrocious. I wonder if cavanaugh was asked about it after
And next year we have to find a way to get these players to clear the puck out of their zone. Sloppy play constantly in their own end leading to endless turnovers.
Anyway fun year overall and let's win the home series next year. Baby steps

Reaction Score
Glad Thompson got another power play goal. He looked really upset he didn't connect better on that last attempt at the very end. I hope he gets drafted, but also comes back for one more year. Same with letunov. Great year. ^^^ you're right baby steps. 2nd year. bummer loss, and Miller and Keenan should have way less impact on the game than they did. Completely inconsistent and once the crowd turned on em, they threw the calls to UVM.
They knew they messed up...

Reaction Score
Glad Thompson got another power play goal. He looked really upset he didn't connect better on that last attempt at the very end. I hope he gets drafted, but also comes back for one more year. Same with letunov. Great year. ^^^ you're right baby steps. 2nd year. bummer loss, and Miller and Keenan should have way less impact on the game than they did. Completely inconsistent and once the crowd turned on em, they threw the calls to UVM.
They knew they messed up...
Brutal loss give up the tying goal with what 9 to go? Then the game winner with a minute left
The referees were atrocious. I wonder if cavanaugh was asked about it after
And next year we have to find a way to get these players to clear the puck out of their zone. Sloppy play constantly in their own end leading to endless turnovers.
Anyway fun year overall and let's win the home series next year. Baby steps

^^^^totally agree with both you guys...also can say the El-Mir's coast to coast goal that tied up the game as on of the all time great goals I have ever seen since I started watching hockey. This team really came together after the Northeastern series, and they were in both these games to the end.
When they gave that penalty to Thompson for that great clean check...as Cav was screaming at them and started slamming on the boards and giving Keenan the business..Miller was screaming "SHUT THE duckK UP CAV OR YOU'RE GONNA GO"

Reaction Score
Don't know if you guys caught this on Twitter:

I'm certainly no big fan of Jeff Cox, but Geoff Miller has been atrocious this year. Made the EXACT same call in the BU game last night on a big player. Two minutes for being large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom