UConn vs UMass 5/10 @ 3p & @ Northeastern 5/11@2p | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs UMass 5/10 @ 3p & @ Northeastern 5/11@2p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hmm..a Susi double drives in two runs, UConn takes a 9-8 lead.

Reaction Score
Clutch hitting in the 9th and a great rally, now lead 9-8

Reaction Score
UConnBaseball 5:03pm via Twitter Web Client
T9: DUFF SMASH (x2)!
The deficit is now 8-7 after DeRoche-Duffin blasts his conference-leading 14th HR of the year

UConnBaseball 5:05pm via Twitter Web Client
T9: HUSKIES LEAD!
After a Daniello walk, Toppa singles and Susi sends a two-run double down the LF line #HookC
#UConn
9, NU 8

UConnBaseball 5:08pm via Twitter Web Client
END 8: #UConn 9, NU 8
Huskies score five unanswered to take their first lead since the fifth. Ruotolo stays on to try and finish it off.

Heart of NU order coming up...

Reaction Score
plug.jpg

Reaction Score
Susi and Toppa were in the middle of that 9th inning rally. They have both done pretty well in their freshmen seasons, and have definitely improved as the season has gone along. It will be interesting to see if they can continue to develop their talent and show continued improvement next season. They are both not to far off from being very good players for UConn, that is, if these two continue to grow their games.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Susi and Toppa were in the middle of that 9th inning rally. They have both done pretty well in their freshmen seasons, and have definitely improved as the season has gone along. It will be interesting to see if they can continue to develop their talent and show continued improvement next season. They are both not to far off from being very good players for UConn, that is, if these two continue to grow their games.

Susi comes from really good baseball stock. His father is the head coach at WCSU, and his uncle single-handedly revitalized the program at my alma mater, E.O. Smith HS. I would assume that coming from a family of coaches, he has a really good sense of the game and where he stands as a player. With that in mind, I can definitely see him going all out to improve his game even more this offseason.

Reaction Score
Susi comes from really good baseball stock. His father is the head coach at WCSU, and his uncle single-handedly revitalized the program at my alma mater, E.O. Smith HS. I would assume that coming from a family of coaches, he has a really good sense of the game and where he stands as a player. With that in mind, I can definitely see him going all out to improve his game even more this offseason.

A big reason why Alex LeFevre's playing time at catcher has diminished recently has been the improvement in Susi's defensive game. In today's game, Susi threw out a would be base stealer at 3B, highlighting Susi's improvement at controlling the running game. This is an area of the game where LeFevre has some big problems, as it seems at times that base runners have had a field day at LeFevre's expense. Last I knew, LeFevre had only thrown out two base stealers all season. Also, Chris Jones has commented a number of times on Susi's improvement as the season has progressed at blocking pitches in the dirt thus preventing wild pitches. We've seen this in season improvement in Susi's defensive game, so yes, being only a freshman it makes me eager to see how his game might grow between college baseball seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom