UConn vs UMass 12/9 Game Time 6:30 | The Boneyard

UConn vs UMass 12/9 Game Time 6:30

jho

Reaction Score

6:30! They were promoting this game at last Saturday's game and again, yesterday on Social media as a 7:05 puck drop. My fear is that many folks will miss the entire first period. While I have little appreciation for our typically late-arriving fan base, this miscommunication is on the athletic department.

jho

Reaction Score
Here's yesterday's post with a 7:05 start time.
IMG_1731.jpg

Reaction Score
I was at the game Saturday and they did show 630
I remember because it pissed me off when I saw it
To me go the other way, make these games at 730. Easier to get to your seat on time and they're quick so the game will be over before 10

Reaction Score
Blame this on ASN/NESN.
HockeyEastOnline.com - Hockey East Television Schedule

6:30 is a weird time for a hockey game. People are still eating dinner or watching the national news.

6:30 is better than 8:00 due it being Hartford Business Night. Hopefully the suits sticks around and help fill the place.

Sucks the other televised game is the Friday away Vermont game staring @ 6pm.

Going to have to take a 1/2 day for that one.

jho

Reaction Score
I was at the game Saturday and they did show 630
I remember because it pissed me off when I saw it
To me go the other way, make these games at 730. Easier to get to your seat on time and they're quick so the game will be over before 10
Between the 2nd & 3rd periods on Saturday they also read a promo and had info on the scoreboard advertising a 7:05 start. Either way, I'll be in my seat with a cold one in my hand when the puck drops but it's not good to put out the wrong info on multiple platforms.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For those of you who follow the team more closely, what are the chances that UConn breaks out from here? Playing about .500 in conference, big wins over some very good teams, but losses to others we could have beaten. Goaltending can be surperb and there are a couple of super talented forwards. Can they put it together and finish in the top half, or is that unlikely?

Reaction Score
Honestly this team is capable of finishing in top half of HE. Still relatively young and Huska will get even better. When I watch the games (been to every home game except BC) they play even or better for long stretches of time but have a few bad stretches that cost them. Lost or tied a few they should have won but that is more a sign of youth in my opinion. Will likely get a home series and scare someone in second weekend of playoffs.

Also at game other night they corrected the start time with the last two announcements. TV Rules so I will live with it but 630 on Friday kind of sucks with potential traffic etc.

Reaction Score
Good start for the rest of the season. They beat a team they should have beaten. Do that a few more times and they will be ranked.

jho

Reaction Score
Solid team effort for three periods. Huska in goal for the third game in a row. While he wasn't seriously tested, this kid is something special.

Reaction Score
It is legitimately possible UConn could be playing a game at the Boston Garden on St. Patrick's Day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom