UConn vs Notre Dame in Brooklyn | The Boneyard

UConn vs Notre Dame in Brooklyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They'd better not price this very high or else it'll bomb. Could end up being good for UConn, but if there are more ND fans there, that won't look good. I'd originally read that this was going to be considered a UConn home game, meaning UConn would have to give up one ND home game for this. If it's that plus a game out in South Bend, that's a raw deal for UConn to not get ND in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Bad plan. For 2 reasons. First it gives up a home game. Second it gives up a home game that will be very attractive. I don't know why we insist on playing these off site games when we draw so well at home. We do it in basketball now in hockey and we'd do it in football too if we could. But to what end? There are not enough college hockey fans to market to and there are very few college basketball fans who have not heard of the 4 time national champion Huskies.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Bad plan. For 2 reasons. First it gives up a home game. Second it gives up a home game that will be very attractive. I don't know why we insist on playing these off site games when we draw so well at home. We do it in basketball now in hockey and we'd do it in football too if we could. But to what end? There are not enough college hockey fans to market to and there are very few college basketball fans who have not heard of the 4 time national champion Huskies.

There's a difference between playing in the biggest city in American sports (to showcase alumni support), rather than decrepit Hartford. I don't know how someone could treat this negatively.. unbelievable

Reaction Score
Hartford has some beautiful areas. WTF?

Is UMass-Amherst ever going to get their **** together in case the B1G decides to expand to 18?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
From Mike Anthony's tweets, it looks like the 2 games against ND are going to be at Barclay's and Hartford. Not sure how we're losing a home game with this deal.

Personally, I love it. Will love it even more if a good crowd shows up! I'll be heading down, that's for sure.

Reaction Score
Because of the travel distance ND does not play home-and-homes in Hockey East. They play either 2 at home or 2 on the road against each opponent. UConn is scheduled for two at home and is giving up one of them to play in Brooklyn.

Reaction Score
Because of the travel distance ND does not play home-and-homes in Hockey East. They play either 2 at home or 2 on the road against each opponent. UConn is scheduled for two at home and is giving up one of them to play in Brooklyn.
UConn actually did play a de facto home and home with ND last year, one in Bridgeport on a Friday, one in South Bend that Sunday. Dumb setup that way. One in Barclays and one at Hartford would be OK, but one at Barclays and one at SB again would be a horrible setup for UConn.

Reaction Score
There's a difference between playing in the biggest city in American sports (to showcase alumni support), rather than decrepit Hartford. I don't know how someone could treat this negatively.. unbelievable

Brooklyn is not Manhattan so you'd be incorrect. It can be treated negatively because Hartford was drawing 6k+ for HE opponents. I doubt there will be even half that support for the team in Brooklyn and this is one of our home games. We need to stop outsourcing our games to places where nobody gives a crap.

Reaction Score
UConn actually did play a de facto home and home with ND last year, one in Bridgeport on a Friday, one in South Bend that Sunday. Dumb setup that way. One in Barclays and one at Hartford would be OK, but one at Barclays and one at SB again would be a horrible setup for UConn.

That's true, but it was the only one they played. I should have clarified. ND has to play one home-and-home per year in order to have a balanced schedule because there are 11 league opponents. All of the rest are played as either a 2 game home series or a 2 game road series. UConn has already done its part by taking the lone home and home in their first HE season. Obviously next year UConn will be on the 2 home game side versus ND and they've chosen to move one to Brooklyn.

Reaction Score
Last year was unique. As the new kid UConn played home and home with everyone. This year they host ND and I think go to Maine for 2.

I don't like giving up a home game for a dopey exposure opportunity in Brooklyn. MSG I think about it. Brooklyn not so much. I think the benefits of these things are highly over rated. Holiday tourney or something is different. But league game no way.

Reaction Score
Not totally sure how Brooklyn benefits us but maybe there is a bigger picture we're not seeing. Let's get the new rink built.

Reaction Score
>>“We are excited to partner with Barclays Center to promote college hockey and these premier institutions through this annual event in Brooklyn.” said Tim Roth, SVP of Play By Play Sports, LLC.<<

Wonder what UConn is getting in exchange for participating in this event that is being co-sponsored by an ND affiliate??

Might help explain the willingness to move a home game early in the season...

Reaction Score
Hartford has some beautiful areas. WTF?

Is UMass-Amherst ever going to get their **** together in case the B1G decides to expand to 18?

Not if the folks on Beacon Hill have anything to say about it. Right now, most of the Commonwealth's higher education money is going to UMass Lowell because their president is very well connected (and its a lot closer to Boston) and UMass Boston as that campus is slated to be the home of the Olympic Athlete's village should Boston win the 2024 Summer Olympics.

Reaction Score
Well, unless I have a conflict, I plan to go. On a Sunday, its a 30 minute drive to Hoboken for me, then a 12 minute PATH ride to WTC and then 10 ride on the 2/3 to Barclay's. Quicker than getting to Hartford.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Eh, I'm going to go to this game and enjoy myself. Never been to Barclay's so I'm excited to check it out and I'm relieved that I don't have to sit through a Nets game to do it.

Reaction Score
Well, unless I have a conflict, I plan to go. On a Sunday, its a 30 minute drive to Hoboken for me, then a 12 minute PATH ride to WTC and then 10 ride on the 2/3 to Barclay's. Quicker than getting to Hartford.

What's nice on a Sunday is you've got the trains leaving every 1-2 minutes. . . :)

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Just picked up 4 tickets, center ice. $49 each for 2 games.

Reaction Score
New Member here: (Been lurking for awhile.
Didn't go to UCONN, but I'm from CT and had season tickets in 107 last year. Renewed this year.

I have tickets for the game at Barclays Center
Section 112

I'm down for a bus trip.

I already got my hotel for the 2 Maine games.

We should do a bus trip for the Maine/Vermont games and get a group rates.

I went to both playoff games last year and went to the B-port, PC, UMASS, BC away games. I found we were all over the arenas. We should try and find sections at away barns and all sit together.

Pumped for this season.

Anyone going to the Desert Hockey Classic or the Mariucci Classic?
Mariucci may be better for BIG exposure, have tons of UCONN hockey fans show up in Minn?

For the DHC, where does ASU play? It's not at GRA anymore?
If I go, Thinking:
arrive and ASU game on the 5th
Vegas and Spearmint Rhino on the 6th
Arizona Snowbowl on the 7th
MTU on the 8th
Yale on the 9th
Depending on time of game. Coyotes vs Predators @ GRA on the 9th
Leave the Sun the 10th.

This is a long post and I only saw "Searmint Rhino!!!" LOL

Reaction Score
New Member here: (Been lurking for awhile.
Didn't go to UCONN, but I'm from CT and had season tickets in 107 last year. Renewed this year.

I have tickets for the game at Barclays Center
Section 112

I'm down for a bus trip.

I already got my hotel for the 2 Maine games.

We should do a bus trip for the Maine/Vermont games and get a group rates.

I went to both playoff games last year and went to the B-port, PC, UMASS, BC away games. I found we were all over the arenas. We should try and find sections at away barns and all sit together.

Pumped for this season.

Anyone going to the Desert Hockey Classic or the Mariucci Classic?
Mariucci may be better for BIG exposure, have tons of UCONN hockey fans show up in Minn?

For the DHC, where does ASU play? It's not at GRA anymore?
If I go, Thinking:
arrive and ASU game on the 5th
Vegas and Spearmint Rhino on the 6th
Arizona Snowbowl on the 7th
MTU on the 8th
Yale on the 9th
Depending on time of game. Coyotes vs Predators @ GRA on the 9th
Leave the Sun the 10th.
I will pin a 2015-2016 season away game trip thread in here if you and Ryan would like. Let me know...I for one think it is a great idea!

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Yeah know, because when you think of the University OF (Friggin') CONNECTICUT!!! you think of Brooklyn. Naturally...

Reaction Score
I will pin a 2015-2016 season away game trip thread in here if you and Ryan would like. Let me know...I for one think it is a great idea!
For anyone making HE trips, if you need advice on any of the locations (where to stay/go/etc) I've been to all of them more times than I can count, so I'd be happy to provide any tips.

Go to UVM, Burlington is beautiful and just an awesome place to spend a weekend. The Gut is a nice old classic barn, some really bad seats though (DO NOT sit at the bottom of Section 15 where they sometimes give away teams box offices tickets - you can't see the other zone.) Still the best HE road trip BY FAR. The weekend in Maine is booooooooooring. Orono is a snoozefest, Bangor isn't much better. But my lord, is Alfond is a fun place to see a hockey game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom