UConn vs East Carolina game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs East Carolina game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How is that 2012 recruiting class making out? They have 29 points. ECU has 18.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Largely because ursusminor played a smart, powerful brand of b-ball in her youth, I'm very appreciative of smart plays by the "big girls". A nice screen on a give - n' -go is often obvious, but, there's a few other ways that big kids can expedite scoring by their teammates. One I refer to as "holding the door", when a big kid sets up wide on the edge of the lane, which not only seals off her defender, but makes it impossible for anybody else to pick up the guard driving towards the basket. Basically, the big kid "opens the doorway" to the basket for her teammate, like a gentleman or gentlewoman holding the door open for somebody. The second thing I like is "snowplowing" the lane, where a big kid collapses towards the basket, parallel to the lane that their teammate wants. That forces the defense to compress, get back on their heels a bit, and clears a bit of space for their teammate to use. These don't show up on the score sheet as anything - points, assists, boards, whatever - but, they sure can help the offense, opening up lanes to the basket.

Reaction Score
Sup fellow Husky fans?!! I am loving the outcome of this game!!!

Go, Huskies!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
10 minutes left and all the reserves in and 1 starter - Nurse. I really hope the "2nd group" can do some scoring against ECU. I'd hate to see the last 10 minutes pass with just a few points scored...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Did one of the ECU players score for UCONN? on game tracker it says she did... and no one on UCONN looks like they got credit for the basket...

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Meg and Eric keep saying the third person to get a triple double in UCONN history, but didn't KML last season along with Dolson and then Lishness??

I could be wrong though

Reaction Score
Meg and Eric keep saying the third person to get a triple double in UCONN history, but didn't KML last season along with Dolson and then Lishness??

I could be wrong though
Yeah I could have sworn there were two last year as well. Maybe KML was close to getting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom