UCONN vs Brown | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN vs Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reminder to hockeyfraud44 we haven't even completed 2 HE seasons. Your original post shows what a massive you are.
Looks like the friends and family plan are out tonight to try and save someones job lol.

Reaction Score
Hey Cavanaugh is in trouble that is no secret amongst the UCONN Community.

Voices in your head do not equate to the "UConn Community" no matter how much you try. Clueless.

Reaction Score
Masonius penalty(2nd of night) gave up the goal to tie it. 1-1. IDK man, I know I'm picking on him, but he almost cost us the game AGAIN. He did make a nice play near the end to kinda make up for it.

Glad we won. Momentum needed for Merrimack.

Reaction Score
Hey Cavanaugh is in trouble that is no secret amongst the UCONN Community.

Voices in your head do not equate to the "UConn Community" no matter how much you try. Clueless.

Sure whatever you say. I'm totally wrong his job is 100% safe you know it all.

Nah... other too it appears.

Tim_Fontenault 7:10pm via TweetDeck
There is no dumber sect of UConn sports fans than the “Mike Cavanaugh on the hot seat” crew.

Reaction Score
Looks like the friends and family plan are out tonight to try and save someones job lol.

There isn't a job to save. That's what's so confusing about your confidence in saying Cavanaugh is on the hot seat.

Look, for transparency's sake, I've known Cavanaugh for three years. I covered the UConn hockey program for four. Had a lot of conversations with a lot of people around college hockey in that time. Not a single person expects anything but great things from Cavanaugh's UConn team in the future.

What they all expect, however, is that it will take time. People would tell me a Hockey East newbie shouldn't look like this, PRAISING UConn's showing in the conference so far.

Reaction Score
Masonius penalty(2nd of night) gave up the goal to tie it. 1-1. IDK man, I know I'm picking on him, but he almost cost us the game AGAIN. He did make a nice play near the end to kinda make up for it.

Glad we won. Momentum needed for Merrimack.
No your not picking on him the kid is in college now it was another dumb selfish penalty which tied the game up 1-1 late in the 3rd period. It was his 2nd penalty of the game. And people want to know why Cavanaugh is on thin ice and why UCONN only has 9 wins this season (3) Against Arizona State/ Club Team, (1) Against Alabama-Huntsville,(1) Against Brown. (2) Against Lowell, (1) Against BU, (1) Against Maine which totals only (3) Wins all season against teams with a winning record and with a record over .500. On a positive note I thought Thulin played great and I'm happy for the kids 1st college win.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No your not picking on him the kid is in college now it was another dumb selfish penalty which tied the game up 1-1 late in the 3rd period. It was his 2nd penalty of the game. And people want to know why Cavanaugh is on thin ice and why UCONN only has 9 wins this season (3) Against Arizona State/ Club Team, (1) Against Alabama-Huntsville,(1) Against Brown. (2) Against Lowell, (1) Against BU, (1) Against Maine which totals only (3) Wins all season against teams with a winning record and with a record over .500. On a positive note I thought Thulin played great and I'm happy for the kids 1st college win.
I get what you are saying but only to some degree, I think his coaching has been inconsistent but he's sure had solid results against ranked teams. He just started as a head coach, too. Brain farts, like Diaco. But he's here to pull in names for now. You know, get players in the NHL to help establish a brand name college hockey program. He's not taking the Rand Pecknold/QU route in building the program.

Reaction Score
Reminder to hockeyfraud44 we haven't even completed 2 HE seasons. Your original post shows what a massive you are.
He shows it each and every time he puts fingers to keyboard making posts on this board.

Reaction Score
First post who joined yesterday sounds like a friend's and family plan of the coach lol. Hey Cavanaugh is in trouble that is no secret amongst the UCONN Community. With Wade gone next month, his record and performance over the past 3 years against the likes of Army,Sacred Heart, Colorado College, Brown, Alabama - Huntsville I didn't count HE Schools etc.... with the hiring of his asst coaches who had 0 years of coaching/developing/recruiting student athletes time is not on his side. UCONN is no different than any other big company they are a result oriented university who provide support, resources and funds to be successful. If success is not accomplished or signs of improvement from year to year is not accomplished than changes will be made. This is not just in the Athletic Dept this is throughout the entire University system. This checks and balance system is what makes UCONN one of the finest public universities in the country.
Ok time to say who your sources are...you are like a broken record with this about Cavanaugh. Because I can tell you this...I know for a fact that wards Manuel was extremely happy with Mike Cavanaugh....and that exact quote came directly from his mouth.

Reaction Score
I thought Thulin was a bit shakey early. Let a couple of rebounds get away without any damage in the early going but settled down. Thompson is a really good player and so is Max. Richter's goal was one of the best efforts I've seen in a while. Almost like he refused to fail. Every once in a while you see a hockey player do that and it is always a little bit inspirational or something. Marsonius had an on and off night. Didn't like the 2nd penalty but he made a couple of plays in the defensive end that were nice. Over all a good effort for the win.

Reaction Score
I thought Thulin was a bit shakey early. Let a couple of rebounds get away without any damage in the early going but settled down. Thompson is a really good player and so is Max. Richter's goal was one of the best efforts I've seen in a while. Almost like he refused to fail. Every once in a while you see a hockey player do that and it is always a little bit inspirational or something. Marsonius had an on and off night. Didn't like the 2nd penalty but he made a couple of plays in the defensive end that were nice. Over all a good effort for the win.

John Buccigross said he thinks Tage Thompson, who is draft-eligible this year, has the potential to be a late first/early second-round pick.

Masonius is still shaky, but he and Thimpson were with the NTDP for a reason. He'll settle in.

Reaction Score
What is the story with Segalla this season? He was their best player for 2 years but has more or less disappeared this season.

Reaction Score
What is the story with Segalla this season? He was their best player for 2 years but has more or less disappeared this season.

Going to strongly disagree on Segalla being their best player the last two years. He's always been prone to making stupid decisions on the ice, mainly of the physical nature. It cost him this year. He was suspended for nearly two months for a violation of team rules. Suspension began shortly after the spearing incident against Quinnipiac.

Reaction Score
I may certainly be in the minority but I like Masonius a lot. He's a freshman and has made costly freshman mistakes but that doesn't take away from everything he does well. He's been great on the PP (2g,8a) which is good for 3rd on the team in PP points behind Max and Tage. He skates well, has good vision, and has good hands. If we had more depth defensively, I would give him some burn at forward and see what he could do. Once he stops taking ill-advised penalties and pinching in bad situations, he's going to be a real star for us.

Reaction Score
Going to strongly disagree on Segalla being their best player the last two years. He's always been prone to making stupid decisions on the ice, mainly of the physical nature. It cost him this year. He was suspended for nearly two months for a violation of team rules. Suspension began shortly after the spearing incident against Quinnipiac.
Thanks. Different views I guess but I thought he had the most talent, maybe that's a better way to put it. There are guys with more skill now but as a frosh he looked like he was on a whole different level than most other guys they had. I had hopes that he would improve make better decisions with the puck. That sort of thing. So far he hasn't.

Reaction Score
This team has solid defensemen.. In a couple years, it will be even better. Including recruits Connor Mayer, Adam Karashik, and Mac Wiseman.

Masonius is their best offensive defenseman. Has he made mistakes resulting in breakaways and goals? Yes but he's a freshman. He'll be great come his junior and senior years. Has a good chance to be an NHL pick this year.

Gendron will catch up to him. I thought Gendron would contribute a little more offensively this year. He'll be fine though and great his junior and senior years.

Drake is there best shutdown defender. He has gone unnoticed but he's had a really good year.

Segalla has been a bust and especially for a 4th round NHL draft pick. Would not be surprised if he did not return next year.

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-huskies/hc-uconn-hockey-brown-0203-20160202-story.html

Attendance: 3,636. (2nd smallest crowd of season but 30 NHL scouts in the house cause it was only game played yesterday!!!)

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/statistics/1516/oaattend.php
Still in 3rd but now average <5,000 with 4,982 (Come on people!!!)
1. 5,455 - UML
2. 5,307 - BC
3. 4,982 - UConn
4. 4,871 - UNH. (13 games, the rest of top 3 with 12 games)

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/recaps16.php?mbrncon1.f02
It was thulin's 2nd start not 1st hockey44. His other start was the exhibition against queens university earlier in the year(I think)

Reaction Score
Mac. I agree on Drake. You need some defensive defenseman if you know what I mean and he is one of those. I kind of like Pratt too.

Reaction Score
Mac. I agree on Drake. You need some defensive defenseman if you know what I mean and he is one of those. I kind of like Pratt too.

All these defensemen we're talking about are freshmen and sophomores, sans Segalla. Huson the lone senior, and he's proving reliable because of his experience and leadership. Another assist Tuesday. Tough position. Can't come in and lock down right away. Not every defenseman is Noah Hanifin.

Reaction Score
All these defensemen we're talking about are freshmen and sophomores, sans Segalla. Huson the lone senior, and he's proving reliable because of his experience and leadership. Another assist Tuesday. Tough position. Can't come in and lock down right away. Not every defenseman is Noah Hanifin.
Hopefully someday Cav can bring in kids like Hanifin and Charlie McEvoy. Letunov, Thompson Gendron and Masnoius are a start though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom