UCONN vs Brown | The Boneyard

UCONN vs Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tomorrow nights game against the Ivy League cellar dwellers Brown and their (4) wins should be a layup and pad the stats victory for UCONN at the XL Center.

Reaction Score
Well if UConn decides to come to play for 3 full periods you are probably right. But as we've seen that is very much a sometimes thing.

Reaction Score
Tomorrow nights game against the Ivy League cellar dwellers Brown and their (4) wins should be a layup and pad the stats victory for UCONN at the XL Center.
Which UCONN team will show up-the one that played valiantly in 'Nut Hill or the one that crapped their pants against Sacred Heart?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Which UCONN team will show up-the one that played valiantly in 'Nut Hill or the one that crapped their pants against Sacred Heart?
Or Army.

Reaction Score
Well if UConn decides to come to play for 3 full periods you are probably right. But as we've seen that is very much a sometimes thing.
That sometimes thing as you call it is a direct correlation to coaching or lack of coaching.

Reaction Score
That sometimes thing as you call it is a direct correlation to coaching or lack of coaching.
I have to hand it to you @hockeyfan44 you definitely are consistent...another thread in the hockey forum and another post by you *BAGGING the coaching staff in some manner.

Reaction Score
FDNY let's not be so sensitive here as you read the posts of many others you can see the UCONN Men's Ice Hockey Coach is being questioned - its a product of his record and his teams performance on the ice over the past 3 years. The best way to forecast the future is to go off the past my friend.

Reaction Score
FDNY let's not be so sensitive here as you read the posts of many others you can see the UCONN Men's Ice Hockey Coach is being questioned - its a product of his record and his teams performance on the ice over the past 3 years. The best way to forecast the future is to go off the past my friend.
I'm not being sensitive...the ONLY things that come out of your keyboard onto this board are negative, anti-Cav...just pointing out the obvious. Trust me...my skin is a LOT thicker than you think...and a hell of a lot thicker than your's is. You couldn't survive 1 day in my work environment. And if you go back and read responses to your posts you will see that I'm not the only one who tells you that.

Reaction Score
Brown sure played well @Yale. No guaranteed win. We lost to freaking SHU and we think we can win against Brown. We lost to Colorado College last year.

Reaction Score
hockeyfraud44, go away. You've shown your hand. You crap all over Cav but then won't give him credit for taking a walking wounded team up to BC and enjoying a tie, coming back in the 3rd period to earn it

Things have not gone as hoped but we are still just one point out of 6th in our second year in the league. Let's get healthy by this weekend -IN PARTICULAR NICHOLS - and see how everything shakes down.

I don't have unrealistic expectations of how the first 3 years in the HE will be - by year 4 I'd like to see us nudge up towards the 5th/6th spot in the standings consistently and then soon after that try to stay consistently in the the top third of the league - but there's still plenty of time before that happens. Calm the **** down and enjoy.

Reaction Score
hockeyfraud44, go away. You've shown your hand. You crap all over Cav but then won't give him credit for taking a walking wounded team up to BC and enjoying a tie, coming back in the 3rd period to earn it

Things have not gone as hoped but we are still just one point out of 6th in our second year in the league. Let's get healthy by this weekend -IN PARTICULAR NICHOLS - and see how everything shakes down.

I don't have unrealistic expectations of how the first 3 years in the HE will be - by year 4 I'd like to see us nudge up towards the 5th/6th spot in the standings consistently and then soon after that try to stay consistently in the the top third of the league - but there's still plenty of time before that happens. Calm the **** down and enjoy.
You aren't serious are you lol? Unfortunately we will under achieve once again and finish in 10th or 11th spot out of 12 teams this year in HE by the end of the year. Have you been watching the games? Don't forget Creel was recruited by the current staff.

Reaction Score
You aren't serious are you lol? Unfortunately we will under achieve once again and finish in 10th or 11th spot out of 12 teams this year in HE by the end of the year. Have you been watching the games? Don't forget Creel was recruited by the current staff.

Man, I hear you. A team that just spent 10 years playing and recruiting against Canisius, Sacred Heart and American International coming in and not sticking it to Providence, Boston College and company from Day 1 is unacceptable.

A team composed of mostly freshmen and sophomores should be Frozen Four or bust. Forget about Nichols coming off surgery, too, then getting hurt again against Maine.

For UConn to be in seventh at this point in the season—especially with the setback of the streak early on—is remarkable. I've got no complaints about a team in its second year of Hockey East with a third-year coach having to grind out results and sometimes faltering. At a time like this, you need to look at the positives, like the power play improving from 10.5 percent to 19.44 from last year. That's changed a few games. Cav was responsible for that with Souza leaving for UNH.

Reaction Score
First post who joined yesterday sounds like a friend's and family plan of the coach lol. Hey Cavanaugh is in trouble that is no secret amongst the UCONN Community. With Wade gone next month, his record and performance over the past 3 years against the likes of Army,Sacred Heart, Colorado College, Brown, Alabama - Huntsville I didn't count HE Schools etc.... with the hiring of his asst coaches who had 0 years of coaching/developing/recruiting student athletes time is not on his side. UCONN is no different than any other big company they are a result oriented university who provide support, resources and funds to be successful. If success is not accomplished or signs of improvement from year to year is not accomplished than changes will be made. This is not just in the Athletic Dept this is throughout the entire University system. This checks and balance system is what makes UCONN one of the finest public universities in the country.

Reaction Score
First post who joined yesterday sounds like a friend's and family plan of the coach lol. Hey Cavanaugh is in trouble that is no secret amongst the UCONN Community. With Wade gone next month, his record and performance over the past 3 years against the likes of Army,Sacred Heart, Colorado College, Brown, Alabama - Huntsville I didn't count HE Schools etc.... with the hiring of his asst coaches who had 0 years of coaching/developing/recruiting student athletes time is not on his side. UCONN is no different than any other big company they are a result oriented university who provide support, resources and funds to be successful. If success is not accomplished or signs of improvement from year to year is not accomplished than changes will be made. This is not just in the Athletic Dept this is throughout the entire University system. This checks and balance system is what makes UCONN one of the finest public universities in the country.

I was curious about the conversations that go on on this site. It didn't take me long to learn people are as crazy as they say. You act like Cavanaugh has been a wild failure, which is simply asinine. Who exactly are you citing in "the UConn community" in regards to Cavanaugh being in trouble? That's news to me, and I spent a lot of time around the hockey program.

I've been watching this program intently for four years. What have I seen? A middle-of-the-run Atlantic Hockey side makes the jump to the big leagues. In comes a coach with a proven track record on the recruiting trail, and he immediately lands the likes of Tage Thompson, Spencer Naas, Johnny Austin, etc. His second season is the program's first in Hockey East. They're picked to finish last. That's understandable. It's still a team of players recruited to play in Atlantic Hockey and a bunch of freshmen. Finished in ninth, seven points above last place, and we're going to act like that isn't impressive?

This year hasn't been great, but this is still a program going through a lot of changes. There are still guys here who were recruited to play in the AHA. Injuries have piled up. They got into a funk. That stuff happens. Obviously, they've straightened it out, and if the season ended today, they'd be in better position than last year.

What I'm getting from you is the expectation Cavanaugh was going to come in here and by Year 2 of Hockey East be coaching a team that should be competing for the conference championship. That's ludicrous. Hell, it was a major story when George Gwozdecky said the program would be hanging banners within five years. There has never been an expectation this would be a quick rise to the top. We're not talking about a program that has ever been elite. Hell, it's hardly ever been good. This process was always going to take time.

Reaction Score
Thulin in and Masonius isn't starting

Both make sense. Didn't see BC or Sacred Heart, but Creel looked like he had no confidence going forward after the weird goal off the stanchion. From what I hear, Masonius made a few dumb mistakes the last few games. Good talent, but needs to get the defensive game in order. It's funny, that kind of reminds me of what Rick Bennett told me about Shayne Gostisbehere his junior year.

Reaction Score
A Hockey East school should be able to put their backup goalie in against the last place team in the Ivy League and expect to be comfortable and come out with an easy victory. I bet Thulin will be fine but Masonius is another story that kid hurts the team every game I've watched this year.

Reaction Score

Just got caught up on the game. Masonius is in. Drake as Segalla were the defensive scratches. Masonius is paired with Huson today.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    406.9 KB · Views: 44

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Well it's 1-0 good guys......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online