Uconn vs. BC... next year??? | The Boneyard

Uconn vs. BC... next year???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's a possibility according to Blauds. http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=12760

"The solution on the table for all parties to consider is this: UConn switches its road game at UMass on Sept. 10 with a road game at BC. UMass then takes FIU and sticks into the Sept. 10 slot to replace UConn.
For giving up UConn to BC, the Minutemen might ask for an additional home game against the Eagles in Foxborough, which isn’t that much of a hardship for BC, which would probably draw more fans than the Minutemen."

Reaction Score
Don't care about bcu, especially helping the barstads out of their 2016 scheduling fiasco, but the beagles sure beat playing umess. Wow, what a scheduling mess they have in Chestnut Hill. Nice move!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Their future OOC schedules are pretty horrible. They have ND and a home & home lined up with OSU - and that's over the next 9 years. If we give up the UMass game we better get a home game against BC in the deal, unless they want to make it a neutral site with a 50/50 ticket split.

Reaction Score
"Adding an FCS school and UConn or FIU would fill out the Eagles schedule but leave them without an opponent from a Power 5 conference in its their non conference schedule."

I assume he is referring to the ACC wanting all schools to schedule a P5 school in their OOC schedule. Even though ND is a partial member of the ACC they surely fill that requirement. Although the number of typos in this piece made it difficult to understand what he was saying at points.

Reaction Score
"Adding an FCS school and UConn or FIU would fill out the Eagles schedule but leave them without an opponent from a Power 5 conference in its their non conference schedule."

I assume he is referring to the ACC wanting all schools to schedule a P5 school in their OOC schedule. Even though ND is a partial member of the ACC they surely fill that requirement. Although the number of typos in this piece made it difficult to understand what he was saying at points.

Someone should inform this writer that UConn is a P5 school according to The B1G

Reaction Score
Why should UConn or UMass bend over for BC? duck them. They want a game with UConn then let them come HERE first.

Or how about a simple "yes" vote for UConn to the ACC... You know, in the minute chance that we're not B1G bound!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We've all been through this before. Someone from Boston floats around this "hey, I got an idea...how about BC schedules UConn?" posts. We all salivate over the opportunity to have a Battle of New England and put New England college football on the map. Then the BC police come over and remind us that UMass, Maine and Holy Cross are far more important to schedule, according to the average BC fan and that nobody cares about UConn. Then they go and schedule FCS Howard so that they can proclaim that they are Oregon East for a week.

Bottomline: until it happens, I have no hope for this to be scheduled. I think it would be great for New England to have the two biggest programs play each other, but much like the reasoning for UConn being passed over by P5 conferences, the excuses never stop.

Reaction Score
It's a possibility according to Blauds. http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=12760

"The solution on the table for all parties to consider is this: UConn switches its road game at UMass on Sept. 10 with a road game at BC. UMass then takes FIU and sticks into the Sept. 10 slot to replace UConn.
For giving up UConn to BC, the Minutemen might ask for an additional home game against the Eagles in Foxborough, which isn’t that much of a hardship for BC, which would probably draw more fans than the Minutemen."

As much as I'd like to see a battle of New England, I will say that until the ACC say sorry for screwing with the BE, I don't want to see us play them. Of course, since we are in the Hockey East, maybe we should talk to BC about playing football. It been almost 13 years since the ACC raided the BE. Some of the 'players' moved on -- like AG Richard Blooming Idiot, now Senator.

Reaction Score
If BC came to us offering us an opportunity to play, and it was anything other than a one-off game at BC with no return, we would be absolutely foolish to turn them down. Strengthening our schedule, getting the fanbase excited, making good with one of our biggest realignment detractors - this is a no-brainer. Even if they did just want one game, make it be a neutral at Gillette. Warde/Diaco should be fired on the spot if they turned down a home and home or neutral site game with BC...........unless Jim Delaney was on line two.

Reaction Score
Agree that it's not happening.

But if we got the opportunity I'd love no more than to punch them in the throat.

Also, if BC ever wants to fill Alumni again, we'd probably give them their best shot.

Reaction Score
Why should UConn or UMass bend over for BC? duck them. They want a game with UConn then let them come HERE first.
I have a better idea: Ef BCU.

I understand where you both are coming from but it does not matter who plays where first only that we play. Ef BCU does nothing for us, this game would draw a larger crowd than the average at either venue. It would create some relevance to northeast football that is not noticed right now. A no brainer instant rivalry. You both have brought out exactly why this game is a must.
No spitting match, I understand the feelings of hatred and that is why I would not miss this game at either home or away!!!! BRING IT ON! THE NEW ENGLAND CUP!

Reaction Score
Lotta good teams out there to play. If they're interested in playing us we can talk about a 2/2. Otherwise I'm good with us owning them in hockey. Go pound.

Reaction Score
BC does absolutely nothing for me. Couldn't care less about playing them.

Shockingly, I disagree. I think a rivalry is integral to the health of a program, and right now, we're lacking a few natural rivals. And how many teams do we hate more than BC? I reckon, not many. I feel like taking a pass on BCU is cutting off our nose to spite our face. Sure, we don't want to do them any favors. They deserve less.

But what really matters is the health of our program. And I bet you BCU puts more butts in the seats than virtually all of our OOC opponents. And we need to worry about us. Not them. And I think building that rivalry and turning that hatred into something we can use to build our program is a good thing.

Reaction Score
If BC came to us offering us an opportunity to play, and it was anything other than a one-off game at BC with no return, we would be absolutely foolish to turn them down. Strengthening our schedule, getting the fanbase excited, making good with one of our biggest realignment detractors - this is a no-brainer. Even if they did just want one game, make it be a neutral at Gillette. Warde/Diaco should be fired on the spot if they turned down a home and home or neutral site game with BC......unless Jim Delaney was on line two.
I understand where you both are coming from but it does not matter who plays where first only that we play. Ef BCU does nothing for us, this game would draw a larger crowd than the average at either venue. It would create some relevance to northeast football that is not noticed right now. A no brainer instant rivalry. You both have brought out exactly why this game is a must.
No spitting match, I understand the feelings of hatred and that is why I would not miss this game at either home or away!!!! BRING IT ON! THE NEW ENGLAND CUP!

Agree with brass and woof. Times change. Yes, the actions of a former BC regime had much to do with keeping us out of the ACC.
But many in the former cast of actors have changed..... we must all look at the long term effect of a positive arrangement for furthering our athletic/football program. There are more positive attributes (than negative factors) for ensuring an annual regional contest enumerated above. This is a great "built in " rival.

There is enough condescending animosity between fans and alums alike that "a trophy" {sic UCF} would not even be needed to stir the fan base.

Perhaps, the negotiation with BC assisting them out of a scheduling difficulty gets us an annual local rival, added support, greater revenues and IMO might enhance our chances for inclusion in the B1G or ACC debate.

Reaction Score
You all know if we woke up tomorrow to a signed home and home series with BC starting next fall, you'd have your car packed by noon for next September's game in Chestnut Hill. Selfishly, I'd love to have a game two miles from where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom