UConn vs #5 BU (11/18 - 7pm -- @ BU 11/19 - 7pm) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs #5 BU (11/18 - 7pm -- @ BU 11/19 - 7pm)

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Well, it's becomes more and more obvious each game that we have ourselves a good hockey coach.

Reaction Score
Huska starts tonight. Why? No clue.

Nichols has come off two really good games and he sits tonight. I do not understand the move.

The team is need of victories and I believe Nichols gives them the best shot to win tonight.

Ummm... Cavanaugh has a new Ouija Board?;):D

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
IMG_4208.JPG

Reaction Score
Boy, all of you panning Huska starting have egg on your face. :p Nice win for you, my guys actually played a hell of a lot better than last night and your guys played a heck of a lot worse, yet you get the W. So it goes in this weird sport. Those were the first goals we've allowed at home all season too.

Reaction Score
I how love how whenever UConn hockey has a great road win, the courant just dumps it in "Regional Digest" and writes just 2 sentences on beating a ranked team in a tough road environment. And yet, they're probably in MAUI covering the bball game...

Regional Digest: UConn Topples BU In Men's Hockey

Highlights from last nights win:

HE Article:
HockeyEastOnline.com - Hockey East Game Recaps

Great tidbits in there:
BU snapped a 9 home game winning streak. Longest since 97. Oettginer allowed his first goals at Agganis. It had been 204.41 minutes of play without giving up a goal at home.

Great win!!

Reaction Score
I how love how whenever UConn hockey has a great road win, the courant just dumps it in "Regional Digest" and writes just 2 sentences on beating a ranked team in a tough road environment. And yet, they're probably in MAUI covering the bball game...

Regional Digest: UConn Topples BU In Men's Hockey

Highlights from last nights win:

HE Article:
HockeyEastOnline.com - Hockey East Game Recaps

Great tidbits in there:
BU snapped a 9 home game winning streak. Longest since 97. Oettginer allowed his first goals at Agganis. It had been 204.41 minutes of play without giving up a goal at home.

Great win!!

100% agree about the Courant! When Mike Anthony was taken off the hockey beat and John Altavilla got it its been clearly evident that the coverage took a hit. Altavilla sucks and his stuff is always a day late/dollar short!

Reaction Score
100% agree about the Courant! When Mike Anthony was taken off the hockey beat and John Altavilla got it its been clearly evident that the coverage took a hit. Altavilla sucks and his stuff is always a day late/dollar short!

I suspect that Mike Anthony is the best sports reporter at the Courant, and now he is back one of the big beats at the paper with UConn football. From what I have seen of Desmond Connor's stuff recently, that is where he would still like to be as well. As for Altavilla, he is now wearing many hats in covering stuff at the Courant. He may be similar to Dom Amore in that he is no longer covering the sport that he loves. Amore's first love is baseball, whether it is college or pro, and it shows whenever he has time for writing a UConn baseball story. I'm guessing Altavilla would rather be covering basketball or football and may not really understand hockey like Mike Anthony did.

Reaction Score
Read it wrong - they put saves on the graphic instead of shots. Either way great performance.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Strange series; home team was stronger in each game and lost. Really good contingent of UConn fans there. Probably a lot of fellow idiots who went to the football disaster and stuck around to watch a competent team with great coaching.

Reaction Score
I suspect that Mike Anthony is the best sports reporter at the Courant, and now he is back one of the big beats at the paper with UConn football. From what I have seen of Desmond Connor's stuff recently, that is where he would still like to be as well. As for Altavilla, he is now wearing many hats in covering stuff at the Courant. He may be similar to Dom Amore in that he is no longer covering the sport that he loves. Amore's first love is baseball, whether it is college or pro, and it shows whenever he has time for writing a UConn baseball story. I'm guessing Altavilla would rather be covering basketball or football and may not really understand hockey like Mike Anthony did.
Then he shouldn't have pissed off Geno because Geno asked for him to be removed from covering his team and that started the beat changes. As for Amore...he is awful doing the men's hoops beat!

Reaction Score
Read it wrong - they put saves on the graphic instead of shots. Either way great performance.
Yeah, that was backwards :p. BU actually manhandled UConn in just about every statistic outside of the score, but Huska was outstanding for two-plus periods and got help from a couple of posts. One of those games. The game was over when Oettinger gave up that awful and demoralizing third goal.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Yeah, that was backwards :p. BU actually manhandled UConn in just about every statistic outside of the score, but Huska was outstanding for two-plus periods and got help from a couple of posts. One of those games. The game was over when Oettinger gave up that awful and demoralizing third goal.
The bounces went BUs way on Friday Night and they went our way on Saturday. Hockey sure can be a strange sport.

Reaction Score
I was at both games and UConn played a way better game at BU then they played in Hartford. I believe they set the tone at BU by coming out and taking the body right from the start of the game. I also thought that Tage Thompson played better at BU. He doesn't always play with a lot of intensity, but he did in this game. Probably because the Blues had people at the game.

Reaction Score
I was at both games and UConn played a way better game at BU then they played in Hartford. I believe they set the tone at BU by coming out and taking the body right from the start of the game. I also thought that Tage Thompson played better at BU. He doesn't always play with a lot of intensity, but he did in this game. Probably because the Blues had people at the game.
Not sure what game you were watching but UConn played significantly better on Friday night. If Huska doesn't stand on his head that game is easily 3-0 after one. Friday night BU could barely clear the puck from their own zone for the last 30 minutes of the game.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Not sure what game you were watching but UConn played significantly better on Friday night. If Huska doesn't stand on his head that game is easily 3-0 after one. Friday night BU could barely clear the puck from their own zone for the last 30 minutes of the game.
That's also what I saw. But I thought UCONN also had a good game plan and executed it well on Saturday. I watched the BU stream of the game and the announcers were talking about how UCONN was being quite effective at frustrating BU and that they weren't allowing a lot of quality chances.

Reaction Score
Looks like we agree to disagree. From my perspective, UConn's play Friday night seemed hurried and unorganized, a mad scramble. Saturday night looked like they had an actual game plan. Their play was more controlled and organized. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
Then he shouldn't have pissed off Geno because Geno asked for him to be removed from covering his team and that started the beat changes. As for Amore...he is awful doing the men's hoops beat!
What was the reason?
It better have been good because I don't like the idea of a newspaper letting a coach dictate who covers a team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom