UConn versus Texas is a perfect illustration... | The Boneyard

UConn versus Texas is a perfect illustration...

Status
Not open for further replies.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
of what I've maintained all year long. The AAC has been considerably underestimated because UConn has had so many 40-50 point blowouts against AAC opponents. I think it's a fair statement to say Texas at the end of the season was the 2nd best team in the B12, yet the result is not much different from an average AAC win.
That's not to suggest the AAC is as good as the ACC or the other power conferences but they were not nearly as bad as the general perception.

Reaction Score
Doris Burke during the Texas game said the AAC hasn't gotten as much respect as it deserves, and some bubble teams, like Temple, should have made the tourney.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Doris Burke during the Texas game said the AAC hasn't gotten as much respect as it deserves, and some bubble teams, like Temple, should have made the tourney.
The Temple comment was about the men - but yes she was also referring to the women.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I think this UConn team is pissed. They expected to go undefeated and that's impossible, so they're persuing a scorched earth policy.

If they had won at Stanford, I think they'd be winning by 25 or 30. But now they're just destroying people.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Temple Women are still in the WNIT.
Yeah - but no one even had them on the bubble for an NCAA bid. Whereas a lot of commentators felt the men's team was shafted by not getting a bid.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
My $.02 FWIW...

I totally agree the AAC did not get enough credit. Texas is the 2nd or 3rd best team in the Big 12 and UCONN pummeled them worse than most of the AAC teams who aren't in the very bottom...
  1. UCONN beat Temple by 34 twice
  2. UCONN beat Tulane by 38
  3. UCONN beat USF by 18 and 14
UCONN's victory over ECU on March 8 was 106-56 - an almost identical score vs. Texas, and ECU was the #5 team in the AAC. Again, let me just say I'm not advocating that the AAC is anywhere near the other power 5 conferences - esp the ACC, Pac 12 or Big 10, but I'd stack us up against the SEC or Big 12 in a challenge - #1 vs. #1, 2 vs. 2 etc etc and I think it would be competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom