UConn v. Vermont Catamounts @Gutterson Fieldhouse (Friday 11/3/23 @7p & Saturday 11/4/23 @6p). Both games on ESPN+ | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Vermont Catamounts @Gutterson Fieldhouse (Friday 11/3/23 @7p & Saturday 11/4/23 @6p). Both games on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Amazing play by Wood. He’s not the fastest skater but he had momentum and does have terrific awareness and ability to use his reach and hands to make plays. We do see flashes of a first round draft pick. The dodge of the defender was key and worked like a charm at this level of hockey.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Lets not get too excited UVM was ranked 11th (last) in this years Hockey East coaches poll.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I’m not sure anyone here is “excited” about splitting with UVM. Only relieved since when down 2-0 it looked like UConn not UVM was destined for cellar. And in 3rd period the offense looked like a competent group.
Relief is the word. Hope is also operative, Hope that this win might have woken up a slumbering offense.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Amazing play by Wood. He’s not the fastest skater but he had momentum and does have terrific awareness and ability to use his reach and hands to make plays. We do see flashes of a first round draft pick. The dodge of the defender was key and worked like a charm at this level of hockey.
That’s what I wonder about. His speed. Is it NHL level? Those dudes are fast.

Reaction Score
Haider is 5th in the country for goals against (1.387) and for save percentage (.942)

UConn has the 5th best penalty kill in the country (95.12%) and 6th best in the country for goals against (2.07)

UConn is 55th in the country for goals per game (2.17) and the power play is ranked 52nd (12.20%)

There are 64 D1 programs

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I posted earlier in the week that I would be in Burlington for both games. However, after last night’s debacle my wife and I decided to return home, not willing to endure more frustration. So…..I missed tonight’s great comeback. BUT….

I dropped her off at our Farmington home, then hustled to Toscano to witness our women complete their sweep of Northeastern, the first weekend home and home sweep of Northeastern by a Hockey East women’s team in six years.

All in all…..a good choice to come back to CT early. But I’m tired of driving.
And you got to enjoy $2 beers!

Reaction Score
That’s what I wonder about. His speed. Is it NHL level? Those dudes are fast.
Tage Thomason’s skating and speed was suspect as well, he turned out all right. Nashville will have Wood working with power skating instructors once they get a hold of him.

Reaction Score
It’s a long season. UConn just needs to be playing well heading down the stretch and into the Hockey East playoffs.

Reaction Score
It’s a long season. UConn just needs to be playing well heading down the stretch and into the Hockey East playoffs.
Yes but they have put themselves in a position where they already need to win Hockey East to make the Tournament. Losses to Holy Cross, Vermont, and the others have made that happen.

Reaction Score
Pairwise:

1. BC
4. Maine
5. Providence
9. New Hampshire
10. UMass
14. BU
16. Lowell
27. Vermont
30. Merrimack
34. Northeastern
44. UConn

BC goes to Maine next weekend. Alfond is going to be electric.

Mike McMahon says around mid-November is the time to start paying attention to the Pairwise.

Reaction Score
Yes but they have put themselves in a position where they already need to win Hockey East to make the Tournament. Losses to Holy Cross, Vermont, and the others have made that happen.
My goal is to finish top four in HE to secure a home ice quarterfinal. Not unreasonable, but we need to do better than split this weekend vs Merrimack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom