UConn v. UCLA M Soccer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. UCLA M Soccer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow. Incredible victory against the number one seed in the tourney. Nice.

Reaction Score
Next up the Wahoos of Virginia, I mean Cavaliers.

Let's do it!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I just returned from a soccer game of my very own, and I went straight to the UConn Huskies website to see what happened. BOOYAAHHHH!!!! Yeah baby!

Keep rollin', Huskies!!! :cool:

Reaction Score
ASweet3781 said:
Holy Smokes!

Here's a Youtube video of the winning moment

YouTube Video

Hundreds. Of UConn fans. Storming. The Field. In. Los Angeles. With UConn Husky blaring.

Someone send this link to the Big Ten ASAP.

Wow - that's the risk of trying high down the middle on a PK. If the keeper doesn't guess, you look foolish. Good job by Blake - whether it was a hunch or a good read - staying on his feet.

UCLA keeper almost had the one to make it 5-4 too. A little PK luck went our way for once.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Hey I'm on TV. Hi Mom.

Seriously, awesome game and an incredible one to be at. The crowd was fantastic all game but I can't say enough about the players and their toughness. On the road 3000 miles away. At the #1 team in the country. Going down 2-0, then 3-2, then twice in penalty kicks. Just incredible.

Reaction Score
Hundreds. Of UConn fans. Storming. The Field. In. Los Angeles. With UConn Husky blaring.

Someone send this link to the Big Ten ASAP.
Don't know if that's hundreds on the field but send it to the ACC, too! :p

Reaction Score
Wow - that's the risk of trying high down the middle on a PK. If the keeper doesn't guess, you look foolish. Good job by Blake - whether it was a hunch or a good read - staying on his feet.

UCLA keeper almost had the one to make it 5-4 too. A little PK luck went our way for once.

Being a collegiate keeper myself you can tell that Blake is incredible. The UCLA kicker should have realized that Andre Blake doesn't guess on PK's. He watches the player and reacts to the ball. Theres no wonder why he "guessed" right on every PK vs USF, UMBC, and had already against UCLA. Incredibly bad scouting by UCLA or the kid just made a bad mistake.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just returned from a soccer game of my very own, and I went straight to the UConn Huskies website to see what happened. BOOYAAHHHH!!!! Yeah baby!

Keep rollin', Huskies!!! :cool:

I got talked into by the other rec coaches to sign-up for adult indoor soccer this winter. My first game is Wednesday and I have not played in 5 years. Any bet that I will be listening (hopefully watching) the UConn/UVA game Friday night from a hospital bed?

Reaction Score
I've been hard on Reid and the team but I will gladly accept being wrong. They showed great toughness to win this one! I think winning that UMBC game in PK's may have been what this program needed mentally!

Same here, I will give credit where credit is due. Great job by the team and the staff to keep their heads in this game against tough odds (down 2 to 0 and then 3 to 2 after rallying at the #1 team in the country)! I hope they beat UVA on Friday because if they do, I am going to Philly for the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom