UConn v. Notre Dame in Hockey East home-and-home series 1/16 & 1/18 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Notre Dame in Hockey East home-and-home series 1/16 & 1/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Both the PP man and Anson Carter pronounced Krygier's name wrong. They must have been tight.

I noticed that too. "Cry-ger"... I shook my head in disappointment.

Reaction Score
Lots of accidents from ice in Fairfield County. Not sure I can get to the arena.

Reaction Score
Should be at the game as I spent good money on 4 tickets near the board and my youngest son was really excited as he never gets to go to any 'big boy sports,' but, not happening. Been watching cars trying and failing to make it up my road all morning today in Jersey. Also counted at 10 AM that there were 11 accidents between my house and Webster Bank Arena (I-287/Tappan Zee Bridge/Cross Westchester/Hutchinson Parkway/Merritt Parkway/Rte 8) with parts of I-287 closed in Rockland County, traffic on the Tappan restricted to 10 MPH and parts of the Merritt closed due to accidents and/or trees in the road. Google said it was a 3 hour drive at 10 AM. NO game is worth the safety of my family.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Is their a reason why this game wasn't played in Hartford????

disney on ice.jpg

Reaction Score
They weren't forced to schedule a game for today, Medic. Like I said in the other thread, there was nothing to stop them from playing a 12:00PM matinee on MLK day tomorrow at the XLC.

Reaction Score
They weren't forced to schedule a game for today, Medic. Like I said in the other thread, there was nothing to stop them from playing a 12:00PM matinee on MLK day tomorrow at the XLC.

If it was going to be this weekend - that's why. Guess it also depends on what the other team wants to do as well - no? ND is coming back east for NE next Friday/Sat.

Reaction Score
HE doesn't schedule Monday games because it massively disadvantages both teams in the subsequent weekend series, especially ND who would have to travel back to South Bend Monday night then turn around and come back <72 hours later.. The only exception to this is the Beanpot.

Reaction Score
If it was going to be this weekend - that's why. Guess it also depends on what the other team wants to do as well - no?

ND doesn't play again until Friday in Boston, I don't see a conflict there. It would have probably been beneficial for both teams to get more than 1 day rest after flying in from South Bend. Maybe it's just me but UConn has to have one of the worst schedules in Hockey East. 14/15 of our road games are played on either Friday/Saturday (making road games as daunting and exhausting as possible for us); conversely our home schedule breakdown is as follows: 4 Tuesday games, 2 Wednesday games, 3 Friday games, 3 Saturday games & 2 Sunday home games. Much easier task for our opponents who play us on the road. I'm not going to lose sleep over what these other programs want we we're getting shafted. UConn needs to think about UConn. And that starts with no more Bridgeport and culminates in securing better dates for our home games.

Reaction Score
HE doesn't schedule Monday games because it massively disadvantages both teams in the subsequent weekend series, especially ND who would have to travel back to South Bend Monday night then turn around and come back <72 hours later.. The only exception to this is the Beanpot.

They're traveling back to South Bend and flying back to Boston? That's insane but thank you for the info.

Reaction Score
Disregard my first sentence of post #68 but the rest stands. UConn has a crummy home schedule and our road schedule is as favorable as favorable can be for our opponents.

Reaction Score
Disregard my first sentence of post #68 but the rest stands. UConn has a crummy home schedule and our road schedule is as favorable as favorable can be for our opponents.

No problem - I get the sentiment but we are FNG in conference - kinda expected.

Reaction Score
Sucks there's no more UConn games at Bridgeport. The size of the crowds have been surprising considering the schools UConn played in Bridgeport (QU, CC, UMass-Lowell, ND) and the popularity of high school hockey in Fairfield County. Something doesn't add up here. I know SHU is intent on forging ahead if they can. On-campus rink for the school and Notre Dame-Fairfield (and maybe Fairfield Prep).

The NCAA regionals do well in Bridgeport. The crowd today was over 2K, I'd say maybe 3K. The free AHL game afterwards was nice, too. No post game handshake between the Sound Tigers and Crunch, though. They were about to brawl.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul