UConn v Minn Jan 1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v Minn Jan 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is there talk Letunov will leave?
I haven't seen anything....he needs to get physically stronger though. He is thin as a rail.....I don't think the Major Junior up I'm Canada will help him develop in that way.

Reaction Score
That's was not a Minnesota Hockey Team of the past they are a very average team this year who have been floating around the .500 mark all season. UCONN needs to find a way to win those games against average opponents 5 wins so far this year is not cutting it with the loyal fans base. I agree Nichols looks like he is improving which is great to see because when your team only gets 15-17 shots on net it puts a lot of pressure on your goalie.

Reaction Score
That's was not a Minnesota Hockey Team of the past they are a very average team this year who have been floating around the .500 mark all season. UCONN needs to find a way to win those games against average opponents 5 wins so far this year is not cutting it with the loyal fans base. I agree Nichols looks like he is improving which is great to see because when your team only gets 15-17 shots on net it puts a lot of pressure on your goalie.
I know what Minnesota's record is but to insinuate that the talent on that team is average is laughable.

Reaction Score
Laugh all you want that Minnesota team last night was an a young, average college hockey team at best. It should be an easy win for Harvard tonight over Minnesota to win the tourney. UCONN should beat Ferris State in the consolation game but who knows. As the saying goes - Yesterday is history and today is a mystery.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This team becomes stuck in cement when they enter the NZ. Still too many slow/sloppy passes and individuals (Kunnas and Masonius come to mind from last night) habitually turn pucks over in the slot.

Other than that it wasn't a bad effort.

Reaction Score
Caught most of the game online, they played about as well as anyone could expect. Minnesota isn't a great team this year, but still has a lot of high-skill players. UConn's not quite at the point where they can compete talent-wise top to bottom with the likes of a Minnesota, or the other big programs, so they have to win by outworking and outsmarting their opponents, which isn't easy. But they certainly did not get run out of the building, performed admirably for a young program, and for a program in the bottom half of Hockey East to go into the barn of one of the two premiere programs of the B1G and have a legitimate chance to win the game up to the final whistle is a great thing for UConn and Hockey East in general.

Reaction Score
Caught most of the game online, they played about as well as anyone could expect. Minnesota isn't a great team this year, but still has a lot of high-skill players. UConn's not quite at the point where they can compete talent-wise top to bottom with the likes of a Minnesota, or the other big programs, so they have to win by outworking and outsmarting their opponents, which isn't easy. But they certainly did not get run out of the building, performed admirably for a young program, and for a program in the bottom half of Hockey East to go into the barn of one of the two premiere programs of the B1G and have a legitimate chance to win the game up to the final whistle is a great thing for UConn and Hockey East in general.
Will you please for the love of gawd stop trying to put a different spin on things. UCONN has been a proud D1 Men's Hockey Program since 1998 we are NOT a young program and 5 wins so far this year is not satisfying the fans or alumni so stop with the bs.

Reaction Score
Will you please for the love of gawd stop trying to put a different spin on things. UCONN has been a proud D1 Men's Hockey Program since 1998 we are NOT a young program and 5 wins so far this year is not satisfying the fans or alumni so stop with the bs.
Speak for yourself...until last year they gave the minimal amount of scholarships they had to award as member of the AHA. They are still running behind the other HE teams. Go to some games and take a good look at the kids that make up a majority of the lines...they are 17-19 year old KIDS playing against 21-23 year old YOUNG MEN! You want to be a miserable curmudgeon about this team that's fine..DO NOT SPEAK for others on this board! @hockeyfan44 there is a ignore button you can use if you don't like what Brassbonanza posts. I HIGHLY suggest that you use it!

Reaction Score

Just a couple of years ago UConn men's ice hockey did not offer any scholarships, and now they are a team competing in Hockey East. They may have played in Division 1 before, but the leap from Atlantic Hockey to Hockey East is simply a vast change in program climate and competition.

Reaction Score
BB is right on this one. Where he is not right is trying to say we pad our attendance numbers which is the biggest piece of cr@p I've ever heard.

Reaction Score
BB is right on this one. Where he is not right is trying to say we pad our attendance numbers which is the biggest piece of cr@p I've ever heard.
Right now that isn't part of the equation. I thought you guys agreed to disagree on that point?

Reaction Score
Right now that isn't part of the equation. I thought you guys agreed to disagree on that point?

Agreed to disagree about an outright lie? I don't think so FDNY.

Reaction Score
Glad to see this is kept on topic.

I suppose a program that didn't offer scholarships until last (year before that?) season is old and outdated, but what do I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom