UConn v. Dartmouth Big Green (11/25/23 @3p @XL Center). Game also on ESPN+ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Dartmouth Big Green (11/25/23 @3p @XL Center). Game also on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice to see Tattle finally get his first goal. His mom passed away around this time last season and he left the team for a few weeks. It’s nice to see.

He’s been a decent fourth liner and him, Fraser, and Muldowney have been playing well together the last couple weeks.

No reason UConn cannot beat Lowell on Friday. Lowell lost against Bentley last night and are losing to Army tonight.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I’m not good at estimating the crowd but lots of empty seats. Student section mostly empty due to thanksgiving break. But the band was there!
I’d say 3582, lol. Definitely a larger crowd than the UML game a few weeks ago which was around 2900.

IMG_2565.jpeg

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Great crowd at the XL Center yesterday. Lots of cheering and yelling at the refs. Also lots of kids. I know I’m shouting into an abyss, but there should still be 6-8 regular season games at the XL each year. This year there are 6 if you count the CT Ice Tourney. That works for me. I enjoy going up to Toscano and being on campus to relive the old (really old) days, but the XL is still important to the teams fan base. By the way, the Wolfpack is averaging over 4700 per game this year, which UConn could get close to with a little marketing. Marketing which right now seems to be non existent. (By the way the Pack is 18th in attendance in a league of 30.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great crowd at the XL Center yesterday. Lots of cheering and yelling at the refs. Also lots of kids. I know I’m shouting into an abyss, but there should still be 6-8 regular season games at the XL each year. This year there are 6 if you count the CT Ice Tourney. That works for me. I enjoy going up to Toscano and being on campus to relive the old (really old) days, but the XL is still important to the teams fan base. By the way, the Wolfpack is averaging over 4700 per game this year, which UConn could get close to with a little marketing. Marketing which right now seems to be non existent. (By the way the Pack is 18th in attendance in a league of 30.)
Agreed, even at 3500 fans with 60% of the seats filled in the bowl, the crowed and vibe at XL is much more connected and enthusiastic than when they play at Tuscano. It certainly didn’t hurt that they played an excellent game to keep the fans entertained, but finally we had a fun one to watch without much worry of the outcome.

Too bad Haider didn’t get the shutout - the PK to that point had looked fabulous. Kudos to Tattle for a great game!. He’s finally finding himself out there and with great hustle - it’s certainly taken some games to adjust as he had looked a bit lost prior, but a much much improved game and effort yesterday…

Reaction Score
Yesterday the pep band was made up of pep band alumni! They were filling in because the regulars were up at Amherst for the football game. They did a great job without even rehearsing once.
It would be great if Uconn could work out a way to play an afternoon weekend game at Toscano and fill it with little hockey kids like yesterday’s XL crowd. It would be a great way to cultivate and extend the fan base, and get kids to see the campus at Storrs. Afternoons work for family, and old farts too.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Yesterday the pep band was made up of pep band alumni! They were filling in because the regulars were up at Amherst for the football game. They did a great job without even rehearsing once.
It would be great if Uconn could work out a way to play an afternoon weekend game at Toscano and fill it with little hockey kids like yesterday’s XL crowd. It would be a great way to cultivate and extend the fan base, and get kids to see the campus at Storrs. Afternoons work for family, and old farts too.
They were great…I high-fived a couple of them in between periods. The problem with any game at Toscano is it’s a pre sellout. All the tickets are held by season ticket holders.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am a big play the games (for other sports) on campus guy, but I think I'm inclined to agree with you. Still, we've invested a lot of money in the on-campus facilities. Hopefully, they will make a few tweaks, including replacing the student deck with seating, and perhaps setting up some kind of last-minute resale, or donation, option for people who can't make the games.

Reaction Score
They were great…I high-fived a couple of them in between periods. The problem with any game at Toscano is it’s a pre sellout. All the tickets are held by season ticket holders.
Took my adult daughter (lives in Brooklyn, NY) yesterday, her first hockey game in 30+ years. She loved it! Told her in the car there would be few students and no pep band. Right about the students and very surprised the pep band was there. Didn't know until Brunoblue's post they were pep band alumni. Great job, and thanks for filling in.

Reaction Score
Great time yesterday too. I know winning helped! Here is my regular band beef. Thrilled they were there but jeez, let them play. Same at Toscano really. Lose the canned music and let the band play during stoppages.

Reaction Score
Great time yesterday too. I know winning helped! Here is my regular band beef. Thrilled they were there but jeez, let them play. Same at Toscano really. Lose the canned music and let the band play during stoppages.
Agreed. Canned music at Toscano is lame, too loud, and unrelated to UConn. The pep band is great at “UConn Huskies.”

Go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01