UConn v. CCSU (3/23/16) | The Boneyard

UConn v. CCSU (3/23/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConnBaseball 2:12pm via Twitter Web Client
Nice to be back at J.O. Christian Field.#UConn's lineup for today's game vs. CCSU (3 p.m. ET):
CeQINRZWwAEWPIK.jpg

Reaction Score
Connor Buckley in the lineup, Aaron Hill still out of it.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
As the year has progressed it has turned into much of the same we have witnessed in years past. Missed opportunities on offense and the pitching staff with severe wildness. So many HBP, walks and wild pitches to count.

Reaction Score
UConnBaseball 5:13pm via Twitter Web Client
B7: Back-to-back doubles from Yahn and Melley have cut into the CCSU lead. It's now 8-3. Blue Devils will go to the 'pen. #BleedBlue

UConnBaseball 5:19pm via Twitter Web Client
B7: Gnesda collects #UConn's third-straight double to plate Melley. Gnesda steps in with the Huskies trailing, 8-4. #BleedBlue

UConnBaseball 5:21pm via Twitter Web Client
END 7: Three-straight doubles cut into the CCSU lead. #UConn trails, 8-4. Over comes in to replace Rajkowski.#BleedBlue

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Man, I thought at the beginning of the season that the starting pitching with would at least be serviceable. After Kay and Cate, starting pitching has been a real struggle, and has really put the team in a hole. Zapata and Montgomerie in the weekend starting rotation did so poorly that they were removed from there, and I'm thinking it is very possible that Zapata may be gone from starting on weekdays as well soon. I suspect that they will stick with Rossomando on Sundays to try to work out his struggles, but the way things are going it wouldn't surprise me if Nepiarsky got a shot at starting somewhere soon.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Man, I thought at the beginning of the season that the starting pitching with would at least be serviceable. After Kay and Cate, starting pitching has been a real struggle, and has really put the team in a hole. Zapata and Montgomerie in the weekend starting rotation did so poorly that they were removed from there, and I'm thinking it is very possible that Zapata may be gone from starting on weekdays as well soon. I suspect that they will stick with Rossomando on Sundays to try to work out his struggles, but the way things are going it wouldn't surprise me if Nepiarsky got a shot at starting somewhere soon.

What makes this even more frustrating is that I remember Zapata being lauded as one of the best recruits Penders had ever landed. I think I read somewhere that we beat out multiple SEC schools for him. Obviously I hope for his sake that he works out whatever's dogging his performance, but this team isn't going anywhere without consistent pitching, especially from upperclass SPs.

Reaction Score
The other near term thing is that UConn is going to need to have two midweek starters for the first three weeks of April. What fun! Who knows, if we're lucky maybe Montgomerie will recover his control.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99