UConn v. #4/3 UMass Lowell (12/2 @ UML >> 12/3 @ XL) | The Boneyard

UConn v. #4/3 UMass Lowell (12/2 @ UML >> 12/3 @ XL)

Reaction Score
2 goals by Thompson and goal by naas. UConn WIN 3-2!!!! Crazy 6-4 at the end. trying to hear crappy radio call.

Too many stupid penalties late in the game. 2 in the last 5 minutes by Pratt and Schwartz.

Had tickets to this game. Battery died completely while on my way to game and went to make a quick treehouse stop (curiosity #28)

Broke down on Wales Rd (@ fork). Got a chance to get beer and got towed home. Walked all the way in the dark from fork to brewery. Got thru the line and still has to wait for AAA. Pissed, but glad they won and enjoying a 28 right now!!!

4 straight wins against UML. 2 points!!!! Great win and job by huska only listened to last 5 min or so once i got home.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Phew...

That WTIC feed was painful!

I was driving to a function at the University of Hartford early in the evening, and my wife and I tried to listen to the game on WTIC. It was virtually unlistenable. Over the years I've heard WHUS do a number of games over a cell phone, and while they can be difficult, they usually are nowhere near as bad a quality as this broadcast was. I could barely understand it.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
UConn in a 3-way tie for 5th, although BU has 2 less games played.
If UConn wins Saturday and UNH falls, UConn will be in the middle of a logjam for 2nd place in the HE.

Big game coming up.

Reaction Score
I was driving to a function at the University of Hartford early in the evening, and my wife and I tried to listen to the game on WTIC. It was virtually unlistenable. Over the years I've heard WHUS do a number of games over a cell phone, and while they can be difficult, they usually are nowhere near as bad a quality as this broadcast was. I could barely understand it.

I was at work last night: Southington was having a townwide White Christmas in the Community event sponsored by local businesses. I turned on the radio briefly to get an up date @ 7:30. Rich Coppola's mic was atrocious, but Joe d.'s voice came through semi-clearly. I blame Joe for wanting the limelight.:cool:

jho

Reaction Score

Tix only $12 this afternoon if you wear Whaler apparel. Tony Harrington singing the national anthem. Let's fill the lower bowl.

Reaction Score
Seeing the greatest anthem singer of all time is worth the price of admission
Whenever he passes the XL should play a taped version of his and play it before big games
Sort of like how jeter used the voice of bob sheperd

Reaction Score
Seeing the greatest anthem singer of all time is worth the price of admission
You must be kidding. I cringe and put my hands over my ears. Robert Merrill, Yankee Stadium; Renee Fleming, Giants Stadium.

Reaction Score
You must be kidding. I cringe and put my hands over my ears. Robert Merrill, Yankee Stadium; Renee Fleming, Giants Stadium.
I could not be more serious. Harrington has chunks of Merrill and Fleming in his stool.

Reactions: jho
Reaction Score
Masonius is an idiot. Made a dumb move by hitting a UML player in the head.looks at ref, No call by low. Then goes and makes a dumb axx holding call. Low lifts his arm and joe is like ME???? Man, I don't know how that kid is drafted by the pens

Goal by naas. 1-0

Reaction Score
I'll take 3 out of 4 points. Had plenty of opportunities in the 3rd. I'll take this tie, not the other 5 so far..

Final 2-2

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom