UConn v. #11 Providence (2/4 & 2/7) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #11 Providence (2/4 & 2/7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So close. I thought Wight was involved with that play, but I could be wrong.
It was Wight...I couldn't edit it by the time I figured out who it was. Great save by Gillies on that play!

Reaction Score
It was Wight...I couldn't edit it by the time I figured out who it was. Great save by Gillies on that play!

It was a great save. It would have been nice to pick up 2 points but I can't complain about UConn's performance against the 13th ranked team in the country. We've got another shot to pick up two at Providence. Wouldn't be upset if we split.

Reaction Score
It was a great save. It would have been nice to pick up 2 points but I can't complain about UConn's performance against the 13th ranked team in the country. We've got another shot to pick up two at Providence. Wouldn't be upset if we split.
Me either...gaining points (even if it's a push) in games against teams equal or above us in the standings during the stretch run of conference play, instead of folding up and going into the tank is great to see. This team is fun to watch and any team that steps on the ice with them knows they are gonna have to bring it all game every game to have a shot at winning.

Reaction Score
They show all the highlights from each period on the big board between each period. I do not understand why they don't just combine all three periods into one video and upload it to their website. It would take two minutes.
Why don't they put a highlight package together for every home game? Pretty much all HE teams do this and it's linked on the HE homepage and Youtube channel. UConn certainly has the capability and staff to do this.

Taking any points from Gilles is a success, he's a stalwart.

Reaction Score
How come Bruce Marshall couldn't win? Floored with some hockey players in Russell C in the mid 90s.
He had occasional success. Not having scholarships was a limiting factor. Would he achieve the same level of success as Coach Cav has thus far in HE? Who knows for sure? Cav was able to secure exceptional freshmen scholarship players and he appears to be great at coaching up players. But, it is important to note that Marshall's seniors have been an important part of this year's accomplishments.

I would also venture to say that during the Atlantic Hockey years that Marshall was a part of, UConn did virtually nothing to support or promote the men's ice hockey team, with the total lack of scholarships as a big example of this. Things are quite a bit different now. Whereas Atlantic Hockey tended to exist in a publicity void, the same cannot be said for Hockey East.

Reaction Score
I would also venture to say that during the Atlantic Hockey years that Marshall was a part of, UConn did virtually nothing to support or promote the men's ice hockey team, with the total lack of scholarships as a big example of this. Things are quite a bit different now. Whereas Atlantic Hockey tended to exist in a publicity void, the same cannot be said for Hockey East.
Support from the AD is also HUGE now...where as before with Hathaway is was non-exsistant! Cav is being given what he needs to run a successful program.....and on the flip side is expected to perform.

Reaction Score
He had occasional success. Not having scholarships was a limiting factor. Would he achieve the same level of success as Coach Cav has thus far in HE? Who knows for sure? Cav was able to secure exceptional freshmen scholarship players and he appears to be great at coaching up players. But, it is important to note that Marshall's seniors have been an important part of this year's accomplishments.
I have the privilege of sitting directly on the glass right behind UCONN's bench (it gets to be a pain in the a** when trying to watch game play..usually I just watch the video screen on the scoreboard). Cav stands just to my right not venturing too far away from that spot. Watching him as a tactician is really interesting...he and his staff work well together, and the kids listen to him. He let's them know when they didn't give the effort he wanted or didn't do what he asked...and on the flip side immediately let's them know if they improved the next shift. He knows the officials and is constantly talking to them if need be...he knows the teams and coaches like the back of his hand. Watching him in-game there is absolutely no doubt that Warde Manual made the right hire.

Reaction Score
have UCONN/PC on online...watching UMaine/ND on tv (no UCONN/PC down here in Westchester Cnty). I like listening to the game on WHUS...Will Moran is good!

Reaction Score
duckK...shorthanded goal off the face-off...2-0 PC

Reaction Score
Totally outclassed tonight.

Game over before the first period ends.

UConn power play has been a disaster the last two seasons.

Reaction Score
Well that has to be a first this yr...Nichols gets pulled...every goalie has a bad night...

Reaction Score
They played like this against ND in Bpt...they need to suck it up and show what they are made of tonight

Reaction Score
Nichols was pulled against Penn State.

With Merrimack and Northeastern on the horizon UConn better pull it together to have any shot at hosting a first round series.

Reaction Score
Oops didn't see Mac's response and I'll be surprised if PC doesn't score 10 tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom