UConn @ University of Texas 2/24 @5p ET, 2/25 @3p ET, 2/26 @1pET) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn @ University of Texas 2/24 @5p ET, 2/25 @3p ET, 2/26 @1pET)

Reaction Score
Was hoping to see offense come alive in third game....1 run in first, two in second game and three in third....pitching is gonna have to be damn near perfect if this keeps up.

Reaction Score
Was hoping to see offense come alive in third game....1 run in first, two in second game and three in third....pitching is gonna have to be damn near perfect if this keeps up.

Texas pitching looks pretty good. Tough series for John Toppa to come back for, but he hit last year, so I expect he will do so again, assuming he gets healthy. Getting Willy Yahn back in a couple of weeks will certainly help as well.

Good to see Kenny Bergmann get an at bat, even if he did make an out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When Willy comes back and Toppa is cleared to play outfield the offense will look very different. Willy or Prato will/should be 1 and 2, doesn't matter which order. Susi, Feldstein and Toppa will keep their spots. Here's where it gets tricky and depends on the coach's philosophy. In my opinion, I have Gnesda DHing (he's too short to play first and he doesn't have the athletism to make up for it) batting 6, Aaron 7, Stefanski 8, and Winkle at 1st batting nine. I think this is the best lineup in terms of offensive production unless the coaches feel Moriarty or Lambrecht can field 1st base well enough.

Reaction Score
Assuming Mason Feole gets next Sunday's start and does well enough to stick as a weekend starter, what happens with Doug Domnarski. Does he become a middle of the week starter or does he become one of the regular bullpen guys like he was last year? I'm inclined to think he becomes a midweek starter.

Reaction Score
Assuming Mason Feole gets next Sunday's start and does well enough to stick as a weekend starter, what happens with Doug Domnarski. Does he become a middle of the week starter or does he become one of the regular bullpen guys like he was last year? I'm inclined to think he becomes a midweek starter.
I'd agree. What may force him to the pen is the lack of reliable arms.

Reaction Score

UConn had 10 hits today, and should have scored more than 3 runs. But the Huskies were giving up outs on the base paths today with some particularly bad base running. The worst was when two runners get caught in run downs on the same play for a double play. That sort of thing just kills your chances of getting a big inning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom