UConn Twitter is so dumb | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Twitter is so dumb

Reaction Score
Here's some X/Twitter advice. Make your comment/reply (hopefully a good one) and then immediately mute the conversation. This prevents getting reply notification alerts and engaging further in the discussion, either positively or negatively. Long back and forth are productivity and energy drainers. Follow the lead of SEAL Team Six. Do damage quickly and effectively and then get out fast without sustaining casualties.

Reaction Score
I think that the older folks on Twitter who support us are solid, and carry the water well. On the other hand, I know I'm gonna sound like an ageist here but some of the college kids or kids in their early / mid 20's really make us look bad. Engaging with every troll, reactive and overreactive tweets just reek of tryhard.

I am a 45 year old man, I've tried to type this 3x but I sound like a grumpy old fart every time but it needed to be said.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Some tidbits for entertainment and some tips to help folks sharpen their troll-tracking skills...

A-Dub,

Ypu could have excluded the word UConn from the title and still have been correct.

Says the guy who spells the second-person pronoun with a "p."

UConn twitter needs some new material that isn't just hurr durr (insert state) is a bunch of poor people and/or the same incest joke over and over and over again.

3 more good wishes called out to the self-forgetting guy in the UConn Huskies sweatshirt at Best Buy and Oxmoor Mall in upscale St Matthews, KY this afternoon. Probably there'll be some more in Costco & wherever before some toddler time and yoga on the horizon. Yep, a lot of people here still 'knowingly' talk ish about an endless sea of Cletus & Brandeens in the Bluegrass.

Then again, I've just gotten a quarterly balance reload to spend on Medicare Advantage OTC products at Walmart, so yeah, they're out there, just as they are in CT & NJ.

If you're over 20 years old and actually care about owning or being owned by anonymous people on twitter or any other site there's probably something wrong with you.

A worthy thought, though sometimes I scroll up from the bottom of the page when reading a thread, and I got a surprise chuckle when I read the author on this one.

I find UConn Twitter pretty enjoyable. Of course there are dumb people; anyone is free to post anything. But the good accounts are really entertaining

Absolutely.

Some posts & subsequent comments get a good, rolling, comic timing rhythm going, as can also be the case within some Subreddits.

I'd never logged into X on this phone until "Divine Providence" went up on YouTube in late January. Now, I can pick & chose when to click & how long to stay, though I mostly confine myself to CBB, as linked from here.

On the subject of BlueDemonDegen, I went back-and-forth several rounds with more than a couple Boneyarders on the 'authenticity' of "Big East Films," and the many simultaneous, "This can't be true!/How can The Big East be doing this?" upsets & moralizing, before things inevitably unraveled.

After seeing a casual alphanumeric data graphic about Georgetown's football history early on, and then noting that PC's mountainous success in 2022 culminated in their "losing by only 5 points to eventual champion Kansas," I smiled, pointed things out, and eventually resigned myself to enjoying the ride, while people complained about poor production values in the lighting & sound.

What I got wrong was surmising that it was conceived as a one-off (and from a Friar), even if it does seem to have turned out that way, for simple intellectual property reasons.

It's kind of embarrassing how many UConn fans can't recognize trolls and try to engage with them with these stupid, insecure, thin skinned retorts. It is EXACTLY the reaction the original tweet is geared to elicit. Honestly if UConn fans are going to wade in to that quagmire they need to sharpen their awareness and maybe take a lesson from PCBC or something.

There are numerous posts from people pretending they are Alabama fans (but they aren't they just changed their name for the week) that are just simply pwning UConn fans all over the place.

This is when I will give credit to big goofs like HotBalls and people like TCF and Penfield, noescaltors, etc... they know how the game is played and how to play it in the arena it is being played in.

So if you are one of the people who is hopping on the Twitter train because you are excited for our success, either step up your game and your awareness on how all this works, or sit this one out. If you have a friend or family member who doesn't see this message nut fit that description please pass it along and help them out.

Thanks for the public service. Not bad for a traitor who abandoned UConn for PC, as has been argued elsewhere here as the post- season ramped up.

Last year I got as far as a couple, subtle, mutual appreciation nods with a PC fan who did a good job of reeling people back in whenever some folks wanted to let him go.

This year, I started saying, "It's trolling season" before the end of conference play. The lure of a troll can be very tempting. Consider...

As I was leaving Trader Joe's and getting back onto Shelbyville Road 90 minutes ago, I hadn't had anything to eat since breakfast, and right in front of me was an Arby's. Who knows what I've been missing by treating those with the meats as though it has been a particularly adept long-game troll?

I persist in clinging to the sensory memory of both taste & texture for those first 'roast beef' sandwiches 49(?) years ago. Or perhaps I can't escape it.

Oh sure, "But fish is fish" often pipes in. Or maybe a chicken sammich, just to get a stamp in some fantasized 'passport.' Or, could it truly be "real, slow-smoked brisket?" I even Googled a review for the frozen curly fries I saw as an ALDI Find late last week.

I keep telling myself to be strong. So far, it's prayers answered. Or is it?

Somebody said, "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." There must have been a reason for those words to have endured, right?

Go Huskies!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Some tidbits for entertainment and some tips to help folks sharpen their troll-tracking skills...

Says the guy who spells the second-person pronoun with a "p."

3 more good wishes called out to the self-forgetting guy in the UConn Huskies sweatshirt at Best Buy and Oxmoor Mall in upscale St Matthews, KY this afternoon. Probably there'll be some more in Costco & wherever before some toddler time and yoga on the horizon. Yep, a lot of people here still 'knowingly' talk ish about an endless sea of Cletus & Brandeens in the Bluegrass.

Then again, I've just gotten a quarterly balance reload to spend on Medicare Advantage OTC products at Walmart, so yeah, they're out there, just as they are in CT & NJ.

A worthy thought, though sometimes I scroll up from the bottom of the page when reading a thread, and I got a surprise chuckle when I read the author on this one.

Absolutely.

Some posts & subsequent comments get a good, rolling, comic timing rhythm going, as can also be the case within some Subreddits.

I'd never logged into X on this phone until "Divine Providence" went up on YouTube in late January. Now, I can pick & chose when to click & how long to stay, though I mostly confine myself to CBB, as linked from here.

On the subject of BlueDemonDegen, I went back-and-forth several rounds with more than a couple Boneyarders on the 'authenticity' of "Big East Films," and the many simultaneous, "This can't be true!/How can The Big East be doing this?" upsets & moralizing, before things inevitably unraveled.

After seeing a casual alphanumeric data graphic about Georgetown's football history early on, and then noting that PC's mountainous success in 2022 culminated in their "losing by only 5 points to eventual champion Kansas," I smiled, pointed things out, and eventually resigned myself to enjoying the ride, while people complained about poor production values in the lighting & sound.

What I got wrong was surmising that it was conceived as a one-off (and from a Friar), even if it does seem to have turned out that way, for simple intellectual property reasons.

Thanks for the public service. Not bad for a traitor who abandoned UConn for PC, as has been argued elsewhere here as the post- season ramped up.

Last year I got as far as a couple, subtle, mutual appreciation nods with a PC fan who did a good job of reeling people back in whenever some folks wanted to let him go.

This year, I started saying, "It's trolling season" before the end of conference play. The lure of a troll can be very tempting. Consider...

As I was leaving Trader Joe's and getting back onto Shelbyville Road 90 minutes ago, I hadn't had anything to eat since breakfast, and right in front of me was an Arby's. Who knows what I've been missing by treating those with the meats as though it has been a particularly adept long-game troll?

I persist in clinging to the sensory memory of both taste & texture for those first 'roast beef' sandwiches 49(?) years ago. Or perhaps I can't escape it.

Oh sure, "But fish is fish" often pipes in. Or maybe a chicken sammich, just to get a stamp in some fantasized 'passport.' Or, could it truly be "real, slow-smoked brisket?" I even Googled a review for the frozen curly fries I saw as an ALDI Find late last week.

I keep telling myself to be strong. So far, it's prayers answered. Or is it?

Somebody said, "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." There must have been a reason for those words to have endured, right?

Go Huskies!
lol deepster blocked me.

Reaction Score
Ironic coming from the BY. Two sides of the same coin with UConn Twitter, just one is more public...
And at least on twitter you don’t need to write like a preschooler

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom