UConn to Belfast in 2018 | The Boneyard

UConn to Belfast in 2018

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you travel to any games, don't ask for Jameson's at the pub. You will get the kicked out of you.

Reaction Score
I asked for Jameson at the hut between 9 and 10 at Royal Portrush last year, caddie threatened to quit if I didn't switch to Bushmills. He wasn't joking, I switched. On the 10th, I had 180 to the green. I hit a grounder that stopped pin high, 8 feet. Caddie says, "That's what we here call a 'stepmom'; you're on it, but you shouldn't be"

Out of curiosity, I looked up the SSE Belfast arena website and looked at seating plans. For ice hockey..they use a quarter of the arena's seating. For basketball...they use half of the arena's seating. For darts....they use the full capacity.

Reaction Score
Darts are pretty big in Europe. God have mercy on us.

Reaction Score
Is the anger at Jameson's because it's an Irish whiskey and not a United Kingdom whiskey like Bushmills is?

Reaction Score
Yes. Jameson is made in Cork/Ireland (Catholic) and Bushmill is made in Northern Ireland (Protestant). It's more about supporting the home town distillery than religion or politics. I mean they love thier Guinness in Belfast.

Here's the irony. John Jameson, the founder of Jameson's, was Scottish and protestant.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It was a regional thing for me, the Bushmills distillery is right around the corner from Portrush.

Reaction Score
I asked for Jameson at the hut between 9 and 10 at Royal Portrush last year, caddie threatened to quit if I didn't switch to Bushmills. He wasn't joking, I switched. On the 10th, I had 180 to the green. I hit a grounder that stopped pin high, 8 feet. Caddie says, "That's what we here call a 'stepmom'; you're on it, but you shouldn't be"

Out of curiosity, I looked up the SSE Belfast arena website and looked at seating plans. For ice hockey..they use a quarter of the arena's seating. For basketball...they use half of the arena's seating. For darts....they use the full capacity.

We were in Portrush last March. Great town on the northern coast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom