UConn/SMU ~ Noon Kickoff will air on CBS Sports Network | The Boneyard

UConn/SMU ~ Noon Kickoff will air on CBS Sports Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A showdown at high noon.. The loser likely to be 1# in the bottom 25....

Reaction Score
If we lose, I'm sure some idiots on the Boneyard will blame our lack of talent.

Reaction Score
If we lose, I'm sure some idiots on the Boneyard will blame our lack of talent.

I don't understand your logic. Because we play a team that sucks it means our talent level can no longer be inadequate? Guess what -- does that imply that if we don't lose our coaches are good? Or is the judging of coaches a one way street?

Reaction Score
I don't understand your logic. Because we play a team that sucks it means our talent level can no longer be inadequate? Guess what -- does that imply that if we don't lose our coaches are good? Or is the judging of coaches a one way street?
Not sure why you bother Biz. You're pissing into the wind with this guy. He's insufferable

Reaction Score
I just had an idea (rare thing). This game, of which everyone knows is going to be a dog, is a great opportunity for UConn to offer deep, deep, DEEP discounts on season ticket renewals. That day only, and only in the stadium. Crazy discount, like %50 off to renew your seats that day.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I just had an idea (rare thing). This game, of which everyone knows is going to be a dog, is a great opportunity for UConn to offer deep, deep, DEEP discounts on season ticket renewals. That day only, and only in the stadium. Crazy discount, like %50 off to renew your seats that day.

I like where you're coming from but the crazy discount on renewals should last throughout the winter. I doubt there will be more than 10-13K in the stands that day.

Reaction Score
I like where you're coming from but the crazy discount on renewals should last throughout the winter. I doubt there will be more than 10-13K in the stands that day.

ok, but then make it even more than the standard deep discount. It'd be a recognition that 'here is our bread and butter, our true blue fans, the idiots who pay premium dollar for a sandwich and keep coming back for more' In short, a true thank you, recognition, and reward all rolled into one.

Dooley

Reaction Score
ok, but then make it even more than the standard deep discount. It'd be a recognition that 'here is our bread and butter, our true blue fans, the idiots who pay premium dollar for a sandwich and keep coming back for more' In short, a true thank you, recognition, and reward all rolled into one.

Are you not happy with the free popcorn refill at the Temple game??? Geez, you're high maintenance. :)

(I agree with you, by the way...it would be a nice gesture by UCONN)

Reaction Score
Are you not happy with the free popcorn refill at the Temple game??? Geez, you're high maintenance. :)

(I agree with you, by the way...it would be a nice gesture by UCONN)

deep discount renewals and all-you-can-eat popcorn. I thought we were at the point where the popcorn didn't even need to be mentioned anymore.

Reaction Score
How about season tickets holders who show up on 12/6 prior to the team arriving get a tour of the facility? Locker rooms, media rooms, press box, the whole 9 yards. How many people would actually take them up?12?

Reaction Score
How about season tickets holders who show up on 12/6 prior to the team arriving get a tour of the facility? Locker rooms, media rooms, press box, the whole 9 yards. How many people would actually take them up?12?

I would love to see all that. Maybe a private backroom for season ticket holders with plush chairs, cigars and strippers.

Last edited:

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

I am in.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Here's a crazy idea:

There were no more than, what?, 500 people left in the stadium in the 4th Quarter of the Cinci game including the UCMB and the players' families. Make an announcement halfway through the 4th Quarter that any season ticket holder still in the stadium at the end of the game can present their ticket stubs to the ticket window for FREE 2015 season tickets for the presented stub seat locations. The only caveat being there must be a person there at the window per ticket stub (example - if you have a group of 6 and there are only 2 of you at the window, you get 2 free season tickets next year).

Reaction Score
So when we say the team lacks talent, are we talking about the players or coaches specifically?

Reaction Score
Here's a crazy idea:

There were no more than, what?, 500 people left in the stadium in the 4th Quarter of the Cinci game including the UCMB and the players' families. Make an announcement halfway through the 4th Quarter that any season ticket holder still in the stadium at the end of the game can present their ticket stubs to the ticket window for FREE 2015 season tickets for the presented stub seat locations. The only caveat being there must be a person there at the window per ticket stub (example - if you have a group of 6 and there are only 2 of you at the window, you get 2 free season tickets next year).

DOOLEY FOR ATHLETIC DIRECTOR

Reaction Score
So when we say the team lacks talent, are we talking about the players or coaches specifically?

They don't have to be mutually exclusive at this point in time do they?

Reaction Score
Here's a crazy idea:

A more plausible scenario (they are not giving away season tickets) - Immediately after the game, all ticket booths are open. Season ticket holders get a 50% discount and seat upgrade (credit CTMike) if they renew on the spot. Any non season ticket holders get a 25% discount on their season ticket purchase. All must present their SMU game ticket stub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom