UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
tumblr_m1t8540li71qzbs6po1_r2_500.jpg

Always the wag Meyer, always the wag ...tsk, tsk. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lexi Gordon will be playing her final high school season with her "little" sister Myra who is also quite a player

Myron Gordon‏@myron_gordon
A season to remember

CwTcQKfUAAEKNeN.jpg
Quick reminder. Is Lexi the one on the right or the one on left? The one on the left is going to have to learn not to roll her shorts when she comes to UCONN.

Reaction Score
Quick reminder. Is Lexi the one on the right or the one on left? The one on the left is going to have to learn not to roll her shorts when she comes to UCONN.

Lexi is on the right.............

Don't do a double-take, but meet Myra Gordon, a 5-10 freshman shooting guard at L.D. Bell (Hurst, Texas). A spitting image of sister Lexi Gordon, a Connecticut commit in the 2017 class, the younger Gordon brings size to the backcourt and an adept scoring ability. Sound familiar?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Lexi wears #34.

Myra is tall for a guard and very good for a frosh. Maybe Geno will pursue her too.

But maybe, just maybe Myra will want to get out of the shadow of Big Sis? Sister acts are difficult for all concerned.

Reaction Score
Lexi wears #34.

Myra is tall for a guard and very good for a frosh. Maybe Geno will pursue her too.
A while back someone on here said Myra is projecting to be better than Lexi. Maybe Geno recruited Lexi with the future in mind, a la the Samuelsons.....?

Reaction Score
But maybe, just maybe Myra will want to get out of the shadow of Big Sis? Sister acts are difficult for all concerned.

Maybe but it worked out pretty for the Mabrey sisters..........waiting for "baby" sister #3 to make her college decision

Reaction Score
And the Wonderful Walker fits where?
I was so impressed seeing Lexi's highlight clips. I can't get over how quickly she gets her shot off and though I didn't watch the entire clip, I saw numerous three point shots that were well beyond the three point line. What range she has on her shot. She comes across as very scrappy and tough and like she'll be a wonderful asset to this team, come next year. It's great knowing there is players like her on the horizon. All is well in Huskie Nation.

Reaction Score
Myra expected to be starting point guard as a freshman and play at a high level:

“I’m a little nervous starting this high school season, but I’m very anxious to get on the court,” said Myra Gordon, who already has more than 10 Division I offers. “It’s a blessing to get to share this season with my sister. We really connect with each other and she continuously helps to improve my game every time I step on the court by holding me accountable.”

Sounds like Geno will have the inside track when/if the time comes....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's cool that Myra gets to play with Lexi. I hope they have a great season.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I do believe that could be a sister act that works for us.

Reaction Score
upload_2016-11-9_10-44-4.png

Andra Espinoza-Hunter has waited nearly two years for Wednesday to arrive. It was Dec. 29, 2014, following the University of Connecticut women's basketball team's win over Duke at the XL Center in Hartford that she became the first player from the Class of 2017 to give Huskies' coach Geno Auriemma a verbal commitment.

Espinoza-Hunter and fellow commits Lexi Gordon and Mikayla Coombs will make it official when they sign their letters of intent to attend UConn Wednesday, the first day of the week long fall signing period.

All three will hold signing ceremonies at their respective high schools. Espinoza-Hunter's will be at Ossining (New York) High at 2 p.m., while Gordon will have hers at L.D. Bell High in Hurst, Texas, at 5 p.m. Coombs' ceremony at Wesleyan School in Norcross, Georgia, will be Thursday, though she said in a text message she will send in her signed letter Wednesday.

Auriemma will be able to comment on the recruits after the letters are received.

[MORE]

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Monacan HS is 113 miles from home. I hope to see Meg play this season.

Reactions: HGN

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom