UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Lou was getting PO'd. It took almost three fouls against her before the refs called even one foul. She took a lot of abuse and played the entire game. But when Lou gets PO'd she makes you pay. She scored 39 points and had 15 rebounds in Mater Dei's 74-56 win against a tough Foothill HS team. The game was under a 10 point lead, for Mater Dei, during the 4th quarter when Lous scored 8 straight points to put it out of reach.
Lou is one tough player.
The final is Saturday at 7.30pm PST.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thanks again, OC. Using your previous link I found out that KLS hit six threes last night.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield scored 18 points for Blackman tonight.

Reaction Score

GF: thanks for that good link. Sure looks mighty in those highlights, doesn't she.

Will point out, though, just in the interest of fun and good times, that highlight footage CAN be misleading (not saying hers is): to whit, if anybody ever wanted to do highlight footage stringing together the four shots I made in my career, even I might have looked pretty good. For reasons I just can't fathom, no body ever wanted to bother doing that :rolleyes:. Maybe just too short a film?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield scored 18 in Blackman's win Saturday over Erin Boley and Elizabethtown.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Lou scored 37 points and grabbed 11 rebounds in Mater Dei's 79-48 win over El Dorado HS in the Championship game of the South Coast Classic. Lou was named the MVP of the tournament, joining sisters Karlie Samuelsom in 2011 and Bonnie Samuelson 2010 who were also MVP's. I believe Lou's 37 points were 5 shy of KLM's 42 points school record for points at Mater Dei.
After playing 8 games in 12 days, Mater Dei is off until the Nike Tournament in Arizona starting on December 18th.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thanks again, OC. I had been looking and coming up empty on any info from the game. Your relayed info is appreciated by everyone here, I'm sure.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As part of her 18-pt performance Saturday, Dangerfield hit 4 threes and had 4 assists.

Erin Boley scored 14.

Reaction Score
Lou scored 37 points and grabbed 11 rebounds in Mater Dei's 79-48 win over El Dorado HS in the Championship game of the South Coast Classic. Lou was named the MVP of the tournament, joining sisters Karlie Samuelsom in 2011 and Bonnie Samuelson 2010 who were also MVP's. I believe Lou's 37 points were 5 shy of KLM's 42 points school record for points at Mater Dei.
After playing 8 games in 12 days, Mater Dei is off until the Nike Tournament in Arizona starting on December 18th.

In the Nike tournament looks like some other teams with top level talent - and Dangerfeild will also be in tourney I believe:

Jessica Shepard Fremont H.S. (NE)
Kristine Anigwe Desert Vista H.S. (AZ)
Teniya Page Marian Catholic H.S. (IL)
Crystal Dangerfield Blackman H.S. (TN)
Ayanna Clark St. Anthony H.S. (CA)
Kasiyahna Kushkituah Saint Francis H.S. (GA)

Reaction Score
Kyla Irwin's team opened its season this weekend with a loss and a win. Kyla scored 21 and 23 points respectively; in the first game, only two other players scored with one of them having only one basket. It looks like there are only two advanced players on the team; the other teammate (who scored 12 and 28) is also a junior.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Speaking of UConn and Notre Dame … UConn 2015 commit Napheesa Collier took in the game at Purcell Pavilion with her mother, Sarah. And it was difficult for her to just sit in the seats and watch.

“I hate watching. I want to play,’’ Collier said. “It’s a great environment here, especially since we’re at like a rival school. But it’s cool to see my team play against our rival.’’

Next season, though, Collier will get her chance to contribute for the Huskies.

“I can’t wait (to play at UConn). It’s all that I’ve thinking about since last spring,’’ Collier said. “I think I can help with my size. I’ll play anywhere that (Coach Geno Auriemma) puts me, obviously. But I’ll just do the best I can.’’

http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/2014/12/08/uconn-moves-to-no-2-in-ap-poll-collier-wants-in/

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Cox wore a Notre Dame sweatshirt at Saturday's game?? That is not a good sign. The Irish will be very good in a couple of years if they have Turner and Cox in the front court and still have Allen as PG.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Cox wore a Notre Dame sweatshirt at Saturday's game?? That is not a good sign.

As I said in another thread, that doesn't really mean anything. Had the game been at Gampel she'd have worn a Husky shirt. She attended a Baylor football game a couple months ago and wore a Baylor shirt.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I expect Cox to choose Baylor. Yes, the family is religious, but I think Southern Baptist is more likely than Roman Catholic. If that matters.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I expect Cox to choose Baylor. Yes, the family is religious, but I think Southern Baptist is more likely than Roman Catholic. If that matters.

They already have Brown and Mompremier coming. Are they putting together a basketball team or an exhibit of really tall people?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield scored 13 tonight ( Dec 9 ) in a Blackman route. Deceiving since they lead 57-9 after three and then ran the clock in the 4th.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Throwing this name out there as we are pretty much set for bigs over next couple of years but Kylee Shook CO 2016 is worth taking a look at.

Reaction Score
Kyla Irwin's team lost an away game to defending state champion Cumberland Valley 57-29 on Wed. Dec 10.

State College junior Kyla Irwin, a UConn commit, needed 20 points on Tuesday for 1,000 in her career. Playing on a gimpy ankle, she scored a team-high 11 points for the Little Lions.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Going to be a long year for Napheesa Collier with a revamped Incarnate Word roster. They began their season today in Arkansas with a buzzer-beating loss after Collier had put IW ahead with two free throws seconds before.

Collier ended up with 19 points (11-13 FT), 10 rebounds, and 2 blocks.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
More Turkey Jam reports:

The final game of the evening was between Blackman and Myers Park. The intriguing matchup of Myer’s Park Aliyah Mazyck and Blackman’s Crystal Dangerfield was a sight to see. Every time down the floor, two heavyweight Point Guards fought it out possession after possession..... UCONN commit Crystal Dangerfield led Blackman with 18 points. She plays like a female Pistol Pete. The precisions passes and unbelievable shots she can make just make her so amazing. She also may be one of the fastest people in the nation, and I don’t mean just basketball players either. Her speed is nothing short of amazing.

http://scoutingjohnmcgraw.wordpress.com/2014/12/12/we-back-pat-edmonton-bank-classic/

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
WinLots , I think Boykin will prove to be blue collar. Nothing fancy. No scoring machine. Just a hardworking piece of the NC puzzle. If Geno wants some rebounding and tough play , sub-in Boykin. If Geno wants frontcourt defense , sub-in Boykin. If Geno wants unselfish play , sub-in Boykin. Etc, etc...

Just a blue collar , hard hat , comes to work everyday lunch pale type.
She Sounds like another Kalena Green ---- which would be fine with me! We need blue collar role players that can give you something on both ends. We did pretty well with Kelly Farris and Ashley Battle too!!! :). Win - I think you will be very very happy with Boykin!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom